PDA

View Full Version : Chaos gods.

Morr
10th March 2009, 22:27
Do chaos gods require emotions to survive and as such no races = dead chaos gods?

Cho-Konnit
10th March 2009, 22:35
That's what brought them into existence, and that's what they prey upon.

Morr
10th March 2009, 22:37
So the differance between them and the Enslavers is what?

Cho-Konnit
10th March 2009, 22:44

Enslavers are not psychoemotional echoes, they are a malevolant race who just seek to devour.

Morr
10th March 2009, 22:48
I just find the similarities to similar, i recon the enslavers were the C'tan and Old ones equivalent of chaos gods.

Sir Arbarac
10th March 2009, 23:24

Enslavers are not psychoemotional echoes, they are a malevolant race who just seek to devour.

This sounds an awful lot like Tyranids....

Coldfire
10th March 2009, 23:28
Probobly because you can only have so many overbearing, dominating, power-hungry races before they all start to overlap.

Cho-Konnit
10th March 2009, 23:29
[quote=Morr]So the differance between them and the Enslavers is what?

This sounds an awful lot like Tyranids....[/quote:14kk965o]

Well, that was it in brief....

The Tyranids are an all consuming swarm, but the Enslavers operate on a level that noone really understands. They can subvert anything through sheer force of will.

kaled
11th March 2009, 05:58
If you look here (http://www.gw-fanworld.net/showthread.php?t=51576&page=2), someone has typed up most of the information about Enslavers from the Rogue Trader rulebook (all except the rules). It's still all canon - it was reused in the recent Creatures Anathema sourcebook.

There have been a couple of different sketches of what they look like - one in Rogue Trader and another in (among other places) Creatures Anathema. If you want my take on them, look here (http://www.kaled100.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/enslavers.JPG) - I went for a sort of cross between the two versions.

Morr
11th March 2009, 17:03
If you look here (http://www.gw-fanworld.net/showthread.php?t=51576&page=2), someone has typed up most of the information about Enslavers from the Rogue Trader rulebook (all except the rules). It's still all canon - it was reused in the recent Creatures Anathema sourcebook.
Nice link although would be better if i spoke german.
There have been a couple of different sketches of what they look like - one in Rogue Trader and another in (among other places) Creatures Anathema. If you want my take on them, look here (http://www.kaled100.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/enslavers.JPG) - I went for a sort of cross between the two versions.

Tarion'Maseth
11th March 2009, 17:04
Nice link although would be better if i spoke german.Scroll down to the English bit?

Iwasfrozen
11th March 2009, 18:03
I always thought of the Enslavers as a primitive form of Daemon that existed before the other races developed and the Warp really went into shit-storm.

Cho-Konnit
11th March 2009, 21:30
I always regarded them more as Lovecraftian entities.

Eldar_Corsair
21st March 2009, 05:11
I can't help but start thinking of a codex for these guys....

Enslaver
WS 2 BS 0 S 3 T 3 W 1 I 4 A 1 Ld 10 4+

null sheild: enslavers have a 4+ invulnerable save

enslavers count as having the mind war ability as in the eldar codex, but roll D3+1 instead of D6, and have a range of 24"

Dominators: any unit which an enslaver joins becomes fearless

a Enslaver trio is an HQ choice
An enslaver trio contains 3 enslavers, each with 2 wounds instead of 1.

An enslaver trio may control up to 3 units within 12" which have lost their enslaver leader.

An enslaver trio that has all 3 models alive may attempt to morph a enemy phyker into a warp gate. If the ability is used, no other powers may be used. This is identical to a mind war attack, exept that if the attack succeeds, then replace the model with some suitable marker to represent a warp gate. One trio must be chosen to be able to use this gate. That unit, forgoing movement may choose to either move streight to within 6" of the gate, or if within 6" of the gate, be removed from the board and then replaced during the same turn as if they had just successfully rolled reserves and were now deep striking.

one deceiver counts as a sergeant or such for a unit of any other race the troops retain their same options but lose 1I, 1WS, and 2Ld they also retain their unit type, troops, elites, etc. vehicles and vehicle squadrons count the enslaver as another vehicle for the purposes of unit cohesion. any unit which loses its enslaver immediatly begins falling back, but the models falling back without their enslaver may not shoot or rally. models from these units may be re-enslaved as if they were an enemy unit. Vehicles which lose their enslaver will be assumed abandoned and count as wrecked. An enslaver without a unit will also begin falling back, but does so normally ... any squad at a strength less then 10 may attempt to take over a model from an enemy squad within 12 inches acting as a phyker power, if successful, one chosen enemy model must take a Ld test or be turned over to the unit of the enslaver that captured the model. for each wound that the model has, an Invulnerable save must be made if possible, unless all are failed, the model remains under the origional players control. (prevents your ultra strong HQ from being taken over without a fight)

kaled
21st March 2009, 08:25
I can't help but start thinking of a codex for these guys....You'd be better off finding someone with a copy of Rogue Trader - there were rules for Enslavers in there that you could adapt. Either that, or there was a Creature Feature article on the old GW site that you might be able to find a copy of.

999rusto
21st March 2009, 08:59
is their any way of killing the gods because they dont have a physical form do they

Durandal
21st March 2009, 15:56
You could permanently kill them the way you permanently kill daemons, and obliterate souls, ala Horus. (I don't know how, but someone mentioned t here a while back). Of course, I think only the Emperor and other "Warp Gods" would have such power.

999rusto
21st March 2009, 16:01
So you would need a hell of a lot of grey knights to take them out