PDA

View Full Version : Basilisk to chimera

ace2666
16th June 2009, 04:59
I bought a couple of chimeras the other day, to get my army going, and notice in the instructions on how to build the basilisk. In the instruction, the sprues that come with the basilisk are the same ones as the chimeras, but with three added frames.

So, I was thinking of shelling out a couple more dollars to get the basilisks, make chimeras out of them and the use the left over sprues to make static guns and bits. Or better yet, try to magnetize everything.

So I was wondering if the basilisk box really has everything to make a chimera, and if this is a good idea. What do you guys think?

honersstodnt
16th June 2009, 05:11
thats actually a fairly good idea. I wouldnt have a problem if you made an artillery emplacement with 2 guardsmen manning it, and counted it as a basilisk... so long as you agree to only move it a max of 6" (it would look silly otherwise)

ace2666
16th June 2009, 05:26
thats actually a fairly good idea. I wouldnt have a problem if you made an artillery emplacement with 2 guardsmen manning it, and counted it as a basilisk... so long as you agree to only move it a max of 6" (it would look silly otherwise)

I would be using the imperial armor rules on it (might also use the forge world conversion). I would be using it in apocalypse and scenario games, and as terrain. Not standard games.

Col.Aldo_Miles
16th June 2009, 05:32

I would be using the imperial armor rules on it (might also use the forge world conversion). I would be using it in apocalypse and scenario games, and as terrain. Not standard games.
if i remember right, the bassy sprue doesn't come w/ the full top half to make a chimera. u maybe able to make a salamander tho.

ace2666
16th June 2009, 06:03
if i remember right, the bassy sprue doesn't come w/ the full top half to make a chimera. u maybe able to make a salamander tho.

According to the instructions it does. That's why I'm asking, because I don't want to spend my money on something I wont use.

honersstodnt
16th June 2009, 06:04
lol I didn't write that ><

ace2666
16th June 2009, 06:06
My bad, trying not to have so many quote boxes. Fixing!

memcwho
16th June 2009, 09:31
nope. the bassy doesnt come with the top part for the chimera. would be possible to get a salamander conversion kit (not full kit) from FW tho.

edmundblack
16th June 2009, 18:53
Why? With a bit of plastic card and an Autocannon, you can achieve the same thing. Get the textured stuff and you're laughing.

Col.Aldo_Miles
16th June 2009, 19:21

According to the instructions it does. That's why I'm asking, because I don't want to spend my money on something I wont use.
the instructions are put into both sprues, but the same way the chimera sprue doesn't have an earthshaker, the bassy sprue doesn't have a full top half or turret.