PDA

View Full Version : Dawn of war 1

Deception
22nd December 2009, 05:06
now that i have a decent gaming rig. i will start playing the first dawn of war, i only have the original and the winter assult expansions. but when i beat them i will try to pick the latter expansions.

Diagnosis Ninja
22nd December 2009, 10:26
Don't bother with Soulstorm. Nun's with Guns ruined everything, lol.

Dark Crusade had a cool campaign though.

Arateus
22nd December 2009, 11:49
DC is a great game imo. I have them all although DoW 2 wont run on my pc anymore as the graphics card is borked. DC online is better than SS, though there are 150 + on SS and 70- on DC peoplewise.

The Crimson Eye
22nd December 2009, 14:07
Why not bother with Soulstorm ?
It's a great expansion, and being able to chose from 9 different armies is quite cool. I still play that game from time to time.

CaptLeonof153rdElysains
22nd December 2009, 17:25
Eh... to be fair to the series, DC and SS were the stronger for the number of races, not reading the balance issues they created for themselves. If you do include those issues, don't bother.

There are far better RTS titles out there, and if you want a list I will gladly forward it, however, that is not the point of this topic.

Durandal
22nd December 2009, 17:28
I honestly didn't care for the play-style of DC (and so by extension SS). The "stories" suffer, and playing on the same map 10 times gets infuriating, especially when the Comp starts to cheat. Much prefer more linear based RTS campaigns (like what the first two had).

spediesteban422
22nd December 2009, 17:40
Dark Crusade was my favorite. The campaign was basically Galactic Conquest from Battlefront, but with 40k. Kick ass.

Phail
23rd December 2009, 11:09
worth getting DC and SS if only for the mods available