PDA

View Full Version : [Fun] Space Wolves Pure Infantry [2,000pts]

MC Tic Tac
1st June 2010, 18:31
In this age of Mech I fancied having a laugh with a pure infantry force with a surprising amount of AT fire power, with mass units of Blood Claws.

HQ
Rune Priest, Master of Runes, Living Lighting, JoTWW (Big guy killer) = 150
Rune Priest, Master of Runes, Stormcaller (Cover saves), Living Lightning (Rhino Buster) = 150

Elties
5 Wolf Guard: (247)
1x Terminator Armour, Cyclone Missile Launcher, 2 Wolf Claws = 78
1x Mark of the Wulfen, Bolt Pistol, Combi Flamer = 35
1x Frost Axe, Bolt Pistol = 38
1x Combi Melta, Thunder Hammer = 48
1x Thunder Hammer, Combi Flamer = 48

10 Wolf Scouts, Melta Gun, 1 Plasma Pistol, 1 Power Weapon, 1 Mark of the Wulfen = 205
10 Wolf Scouts, Melta Gun, 1 Plasma Pistol, 1 Power Weapon, 1 Mark of the Wulfen = 205

Troops
15 Blood Claws, Flamer, Melta Gun, Power weapon = 240
15 Blood Claws, Flamer, Melta Gun, Power Weapon = 240
10 Grey Hunters, 2 Plasma Guns, Power Fist, Mark of the Wulfen, Wolf Standard = 210

Heavy Support
6 Long Fangs, 3 Missile Launchers, 2 Lascannons, 1 Flamer = 175
6 Long Fangs, 3 Missile Launchers, 2 Lascannons, 1 Flamer = 175

Total = 1997

It's a fun list, with alot of hitting power up close and at range. The Wolf Guard tend to split into other units depending on enemy and the mission. Wolf Scouts can really take some foes off balance.

Angelofblades
1st June 2010, 19:15
A few issues with the list, normally dont post on fun lists, but you have a single glaring error

HQ
Rune Priest, Master of Runes, Living Lighting, JoTWW (Big guy killer) = 150
Rune Priest, Master of Runes, Stormcaller (Cover saves), Living Lightning (Rhino Buster) = 150

HQ still have to be different in wargear, your priests have nothing different about them that you haven't noted. The easiest fix that doesnt cost any points, is to have oen witha bolter, and another withe the bolt pistol.

In addition, Priest #1 (JotWW + LL) cannot cast both. JotWW and LL are shooting attacks, he may only fire one weapon. Having MoR on him makes little sense, unless you want to wing off a Force Weapon ID attack.

What i would suggest, is taking a bird (chooser of the slain) Hitting on 2's vs hitting on 3's makes a world of difference.

MC Tic Tac
1st June 2010, 19:48
Yeah was thinking about a Chooser, or maybe just melta bombs.

Matt1785
1st June 2010, 19:54
Problem with this army is body count in my mind. Your large blast markers are going to cut you down pretty quickly.

I have a friend that tried an infantry Space Wolf army with heavy wolf count (As in he had wolves). You just don't have enough to deal with faster troops in vehicles, and in the end, you have no way to dash to capture anything.

5th is so heavily into vehicles that to go against the grain is almost impossible.

MC Tic Tac
1st June 2010, 20:11
Unlimited D6 st7 hits and long fangs deal with transports quite easly.