Succubus W/ Hydra Gauntlets 70pts

Wyches X9 W/ Hydra Gauntlets 100pts

Wyches X10 W/ Hydra Gauntlets X2 120pts X3 360pts

Raider W/ NightShields and Flickerfield 80pts X4 320pts

Kabalite Trueborn X4 W/ Blaster X4 108pts X3 324pts

Venom W/ Nightshields 65pts X3 195pts

Ravager W/ Nightshilds and Flickerfield 125pts X3 375pts

Reaver W/ Blaster and Cluster Caltrops 101pts

That Brings me to 1845 I will probably just put chain snares or something on one of the raiders, anyways what do you think.

I am pretty new to this game, I have been in it for about 2 1/2 years but I have only played a handfull of games, at my local game store I seem to go against people with a lot of armor, so I have tried to make a list that has plenty of anti armor, but I still have 40 wyches to take care of infantry, plus the venoms guns are good anti infantry.

MalkThe2nd
18th February 2011, 15:34
Just a couple small points.

While Succubus are underrated IMO, if you're going Drug heavy you should always at least consider the Duke.

Hydra Gauntlets arn't very pts efficient on Wyches at all. In a worst case scenario 1 Wych body with Adrenalite gives you +3A, (+4 on the charge) so you need to basically roll 5s and 6s every time to come out ahead.

I think 4 Blasters is too much. 2-3 keeps your unit deadly without dumping a ton of points into very squishy guys.

You can get normal Lances all over, but Reavers can carry meltas which are very rare in this codex.

I think you've put too many pts into your vehicle upgrades. Ravagers are quite efficient at 105 and can gain free cover from the rest of your fleet. Now for 125 it doesn't look very good next to say, a Vendetta Gunship.

CreapingDeath
18th February 2011, 15:40
Or how about this

Succubus W/ Hydra Gauntlets 70pts

Wyches X9 W/ Hydra Gauntlets 100pts

Wyches X10 W/ Hydra Gauntlets X2 120pts X3 360pts

Raider W/ NightShields, Flickerfield and Grisly Trophies 85pts X4 340pts

Kabalite Trueborn X3 W/ Blaster X3 81pts X3 243pts

Venom W/ Nightshields 65pts X3 195pts

Ravager W/ Nightshilds and Flickerfield 125pts X3 375pts

Reaver 6X W/ X2 Heat Lance and 1 Grav-talon 166pts

I don't know, what list would be better.

Sorry I was writing this while you were replying, I will think about what you said, and shift some stuff around, thanks.

Not quite sure what you mean about the hydra gauntlets, in your scenario wouldn't it be I get +3A,(+4 on the charge) Plus what ever I roll, so if I roll a 1, I get +3A(+4 on the charge), or if I roll a 6 I would get +9A (+10 on the charge)

Tavitin
18th February 2011, 18:25
During my playtests (3 with the same wych list already) i've come to know that Hydra Gauntlets are diferent in theory than in-game.

In theory, Razorflails or Shardnets are much more deadly. In Truth, Hydra Gauntlets multiply the number of Wyches on your squad, just like that. Hydra Gauntlets provide the chance to Overwhelm your oponent with attacks and wounds. If you wanna wipe out units in a single assault go with Hydra Gauntlets Wyches, leaded by a Hekatrix with VenomBlade/Agoniser.

The problem is, why would you want to wipe a unit during YOUR assault phase? Just for your wyches to be sitting ducks when it comes to shooting? Hu-uh, you need to keep the wyches in close combat as long as possible so they're invulnerable 4+ can save them! What you want is finish the melee during your OPONENTS Assault Phase, you do that not by overwhelming him with wounds and attacks (AKA Hydra Gauntlets) and yes by hindering your oponent's units (AKA Shardnet and Impaler).

Don't get me wrong, i like Hydra Gauntlets and consider them very point effective, but soon after wiping the floor with a Space Marine Squad, FNP won't save you.

The Succubus is a Viable choice (she's pretty much an Archon with a cheap Shadow Field), but having S3 is a no-go. Put Either Agoniser or Venomblade so you can make her attacks conect.

Try to fit in Hekatrixes with VenomBlades to lead those wyches, its only 15 pts to do that and it makes your units much more dangerous.

I like my Venoms with 2 Splinter Cannons, though the 2nd cannon its not needed if you're planning on keep moving 12" every turn with the Venoms.

CreapingDeath
18th February 2011, 18:59
Succubus W/ Venom Blade 70pts

Wyches X9 W/ Shardnet and Impaler 100pts

Wyches X10 W/ Shardnet and Impaler X2 and a Hekatrix W/ Venom Blade 135pts X3 405pts

Raider W/ NightShields, and Flickerfield 80pts X4 320pts

Kabalite Trueborn X3 W/ Blaster X3 81pts X3 243pts

Venom W/ Nightshields and Splinter Cannon 75pts X3 225pts

Ravager 105pts X3 315pts

Reaver 6X W/ X2 Heat Lance and Grav-Talons 166pts

Thanks Tavitin, that definitely makes sense with the hydra vs the shardnet and impaler, I was originally going to take them as shardnet and impalers, but my local game store talked me into going hydra gauntlet, reasoning that why block attacks when you can just kill them, but now that I think about it, I would much rather receive attacks in close combat, than receive them from shooting.

I have upgraded all the wyches to have a hekatrix, accept for the ones that will have the succubus with them.

and I wanted to take my venoms with double cannons, just couldn't see where I could fit the points, hopefully my ravagers don't suffer to much without the flickerfield and nightshields.

Nocturnes
19th February 2011, 23:54
Hydra gaunts are very fun, but I would use a venom blade on your Archite- WS8 with 2+ to wound? Hello!

MalkThe2nd
21st February 2011, 15:15
In theory, Razorflails or Shardnets are much more deadly. In Truth, Hydra Gauntlets multiply the number of Wyches on your squad, just like that.

Or you know, you could just multiply the actual amount of Wyches you have to gain more durability. You can always gang up with multiple squads... in fact this dex is designed to do just that.

Shardnets arn't supposed to win you combat, they're meant to actually help you stay there. Then, when you oppenent's turn comes around they can't make your T3 6+s go poof with lasgun fire.