PDA

View Full Version : [Chaos][1500] (Walkers and Rhinos)

Mozric
20th February 2011, 02:34
Daemon Prince w/ Wings, MoS, Lash: 155

Dreadnaught w/ Multi-melta: 100

Dreadnaught w/ Multi-melta: 100

10 Chaos Marines w/2 Meltaguns & IoCG
Aspiring Champ w/Power Fist
Rhino

10 Chaos Marines w/2 Meltaguns
Rhino

Rhino

Rhino

Defiler: 150

Total: 1495

For 2000 points I can add 1 Dreadnaught, 1 Defiler and 1 Marine Squad.

How does it look? I think it can hold objectives well and can deal with a lot of things. Against horde I'm relying on my walkers to tie the enemy up, as well as the large marine squads. There should be plenty of anti-tank and marine hate with meltas and fists. I was sparing on the upgrades (especially for vehicles) so that I could run more models. Chaos is expensive :S . (The dreadnaughts are taking melta simply because I want to keep them cheap, not specifically for moar anti-tank.) The DP is nice for a turn 1 assault if needed. Plenty of rhinos to act as cover for my troops as well.

EDIT: I miscopied out my list. There were 5 marine squads, when I could only afford to take 4.

Fingers
20th February 2011, 03:57
hehe better keep your dreadnaughts far away from anything or they will toast it when you roll a 1, and you will :).

Ron
20th February 2011, 04:15
hehe better keep your dreadnaughts far away from anything or they will toast it when you roll a 1, and you will :).

OMG, this. I'm assuming you are using AoBR dreads. Use the havoc lauchers from the CSM vehicle sprue to convert missile launchers. Shooting a frag missile at a friendly rhino is a hell of a lot more forgiving than shooting one with a Multi-melta.

yWizePapaSmurfy
20th February 2011, 04:25
Lash isn't helping much of anything save the Daemon Prince himself, that's all that stands out to me other than MM K-K-Krazy Dreads, lol

Ron
20th February 2011, 05:38
Lash isn't helping much of anything save the Daemon Prince himself,
Well, it can help the defiler's battle cannon, but yeah. Warptime might serve better.

Mozric
21st February 2011, 07:09
OMG, this. I'm assuming you are using AoBR dreads. Use the havoc lauchers from the CSM vehicle sprue to convert missile launchers. Shooting a frag missile at a friendly rhino is a hell of a lot more forgiving than shooting one with a Multi-melta.

AoBR?

And, yeah, I might swap out the multimeltas for Missile Launchers.

As for Lash, it also helps the walkers get into CC range. Cause once the walkers get in CC, it's all over for most enemies. And turn 1 assault is pretty OP against something like Guard.

yWizePapaSmurfy
21st February 2011, 07:36
For Tanks, if you could Lash Tanks, it would be. However, a squad of flashlights+ a few melta among 6+ other such squads (and even then, not in a Transport?) Is not a big loss.

But I donno how your local scene is and I donno if you are aiming to improve or not, so it looks average :)

Mozric
21st February 2011, 13:11
Maybe I'm just tired, but I have no idea what you just said Smurfy. I'm not sure if you're talking about my guys or enemies, or who's killing who, or why you think I wanted to lash tanks.

Ron
21st February 2011, 13:18
Maybe I'm just tired, but I have no idea what you just said Smurfy. I'm not sure if you're talking about my guys or enemies, or who's killing who, or why you think I wanted to lash tanks.

I think he was trying to explain that lashing and assaulting one squad(in his example, Imperial Guard) might not have that much effect on the game.

AoBR is short for the Assault on Black Reach set. I thought you might be using 2 of the dreads from that set because they have multi-meltas.

Mozric
24th February 2011, 13:49
Okay, I've been working on the list and I have an updated version. I'm going to test out taking a sorcerer instead of a Daemon Prince. I found that the Daemon Prince was too easy for the enemy to target and shoot down (influenced by the fact that I was playing against IG). As an independent character, a sorcerer should survive long enough to get into combat and start wrecking things (I'll start him in a Rhino with a squad). I also thought I'd run a Greater Daemon since I have so many Aspiring Champions... They seem like a steal for 100 points -- better in combat than a DP and more survivable with T6 + untargetable until it gets on the board. Should at the very least soak up more than 100pts of fire.

Chaos List Version 2.0

Sorcerer w/Mark of Tzeentch, Familiar, Warptime and Wind of Chaos: 190

Greater Daemon: 100

Dreadnought w/Missile Launcher: 100

9 Chaos Space Marines w/2 Meltaguns
Aspiring Champion w/ Power Weapon
Rhino

10 Chaos Marines w/ 2 Meltaguns
Rhino

10 Chaos Space Marines w/2 Meltaguns
Aspiring Champion w/ Power Fist
Rhino

Rhino

Total: 1495

For 2000 points I add:
Dreadnought: 100

Rhino

(Give one squad IoCG: 10)
Total: 2000

How does that look?

Ron
24th February 2011, 13:59
The problem with a GD as your list stands now is:

9 Chaos Space Marines w/2 Meltaguns
Aspiring Champion w/ Power Weapon
Rhino

10 Chaos Marines w/ 2 Meltaguns
Rhino

Rhino

Rhino

Rhino

A squad is going to lose a very expensive SCCW.

And the Sorcerer does not need the familiar since it only allows him to buy a 3rd Psy-power.

Fingers
24th February 2011, 20:29
Yep I would drop the familiar and 2 Power Fists. Use those champions as your vessel for the Daemon. Use the extra points to give maybe some Icons? You can always take melta bombs if you think your opponent has lots of vehicles. With the leftover points you might be able to upgrade one of your marine squads to berserkers, for a good cc squad.

Mozric
25th February 2011, 00:05
I noticed that point about the GD, but I think it's worth it. The difference between a dead Aspiring Champion and a dead Aspiring Champion with a Power Fist is 25 points. And I'd pay 25 points for greater choice of where to place the GD.

Thanks for the point about the familiar, I misread the entry -- that'll save me 5 points! :P

Any criticism of the list as a whole would be welcome. Do you think the Sorcerer is better than the DP?

edmundblack
25th February 2011, 13:18
As a suggestion, thought about a sacrificial Chosen unit? I'm assuming that Chosen Champions can get taken over by the Greater Daemon, so how about infiltrating them in deep, letting them wreak havok and then tear them a new one with a GD that's so much nearer?

Fingers
25th February 2011, 14:27
DP is usually better than a sorc, however sorc models look cool and can hide in a unit/transport.

Mozric
26th February 2011, 06:46
As a suggestion, thought about a sacrificial Chosen unit? I'm assuming that Chosen Champions can get taken over by the Greater Daemon, so how about infiltrating them in deep, letting them wreak havok and then tear them a new one with a GD that's so much nearer?

Not a bad idea. It'd come out to the same cost as a Rhino squad, with better weapon options -- and the champ doesn't need to take the power fist. I might give that a try.

EDIT:
Looking at the costings, I found a nice way to do it. I simply replace one of my Rhino squads with a 10 man Chosen Squad with Aspiring Champion and 5 Flamers. This also gives me enough spare points to give each squad an Icon of Chaos Glory. Should work nicely, seeing as I have enough anti-tank with my Monstrous Creatures and such. 5 Flamers is brutal.

Immortal
26th February 2011, 20:35
I also like the idea of the chosen, and the 5 flamers would help against horde, since apart from the Difiler you don't have much in the way of Ork/Nid/IG infanty killing.