PDA

View Full Version : Space Wolves 1,000 [Friendly]

Durandal
3rd March 2011, 02:04
Wolf Lord: Power Weapon, Melta Bombs, Belt of Russ-145
Wolf Priest-100

Wolf Guard Pack: x3 Wolf Guard with Combi-Melta and Power Weapon-99 Each goes in a GH pack.

Grey Hunters Pack: x8 Grey Hunters, Melta Gun, Power Fist, Wolf Standard, Rhino-195
Grey Hunters Pack: x8 Grey Hunters, Melta Gun, Power Fist, Wolf Standard, Rhino-195
Grey Hunters Pack: x5 Grey Hunters, Melta Gun, Power Fist, Razorback-145

Land Speeder: Multi-melta-60
Land Speeder: Multi-melta-60

Total-999

Thinking about making a small Celtic themed Space Wolves list, without being overly competitive/not fun to play against. Any suggestions?
Also, Wolf-tooth necklaces- these only work against opponents with a Weapon Skill, correct? And if so, grenades still hit non-stunned/immobilized walkers on a 6, correct?

Durandal
4th March 2011, 02:13
Bumping with a 1,500 point list.

Wolf Lord: Runic Armor, Wolf Tooth Necklace, Wolf Tail Talisman, Frost Blade, Melta Bombs, Belt of Russ-195
Wolf Priest-Runic Armor, Wolf Tooth Necklace, Wolf Tail Talisman, melta bombs- 140

Wolf Guard Pack: x3 Wolf Guard with Combi-Melta and Power Weapon-99 Each goes in a GH pack.

Grey Hunters Pack: x5 Grey Hunters, Melta Gun, Power Fist, Razorback-145

Land Speeder: x2 Multi-melta-80
Land Speeder: x2 Multi-melta-80
Land Speeder Squadron: x2 Multi-melta, Multimelta and Heavy Bolter-150

Long Fangs: x5 Long Fangs, Squad Leader, x5 missile launchers, Power Weapon, Melta Bombs, Las/TLPlas Razorback-225

Total-1,499

This is waaay too cookie-cutter internet listing, isn't it?

Ragnor
4th March 2011, 08:42
I think I would play 3 units of long Fangs and have heavy flamers on the Speeders. Also I don't see why you got meltabombs on the Fangs. Otherwise it looks good to me.

MC Tic Tac
4th March 2011, 09:28
Swap the GH power fists for the Wolf Guard power weapons as the up sides are:

GH only have 1 attack (2 on charge) with the fist - while the WG will have 2 (3 on charge) - and it cheaper on the WG!!!!

GH still get thier hand weapon bonus attack with the power weapon so you lose 1 PW attack for an extra PF attack and you save points!!

Durandal
4th March 2011, 16:43
Swap the GH power fists for the Wolf Guard power weapons as the up sides are:

GH only have 1 attack (2 on charge) with the fist - while the WG will have 2 (3 on charge) - and it cheaper on the WG!!!!

GH still get thier hand weapon bonus attack with the power weapon so you lose 1 PW attack for an extra PF attack and you save points!!

Oh, cool. I think I was thinking that the WG counted as ICs in the unit for some bizarre reason, but that sounds like a much better plan.

I think I would play 3 units of long Fangs and have heavy flamers on the Speeders. Also I don't see why you got meltabombs on the Fangs. Otherwise it looks good to me.

Don't care for heavy flamers, but they are cheaper, what would I get for the points? The Squad Leader has melta-bombs because walkers suck. And 3 units of Long Fangs doesn't seem really friendly…
Anyone have a definite on the wolf-tooth necklace, or was I right and it only works on enemies with a WS (still not sure on walkers though)?

Fingers
4th March 2011, 18:02
whats unfriendly about 15 missiles to the face?! :)
i like cheap heavy flamers, but if i get into range with them on speeders, im getting assaulted and beaten down next round unless i kill everything with them.