PDA

View Full Version : DA 1500 comp.

Morr
7th March 2011, 10:10
Well it appears I have a landspeeder fetish. however the cost of typhoon missile launchers in the marine codex brings them to 90 pts, 100pts with a multi melta which makes it difficult to build a list based around them. However the new DA codex gives you the same stuff for 75pts! far more viable. Anywho this is my list:

Sammael - In landspeeder (obviously!) 205pts

6 Bikes - sgt+Powerfist - Meltagun - Meltagun - Attackbike Multimelta. 315pts
6 Bikes - sgt+Powerfist - Flamer - Flamer - Attackbike Multimelta. 305pts

3 Landspeeder Typhoons - 3 Multimelta. 225pts

1500pts

The idea is popping transports and then overwhelming survivors with st8 ap 1-3 shots. The attack bikes must split off giving me between 4 and 6 scoring units. The bike units all have scout (but cant turboboost) so they will be getting close and melting where they can or using it to outflank and objective grab. Each squadron can put out 9 st 8 shots per turn meaning the army can put out 31 st 8 shots per turn. TBH im expecting the landspeeders to die however they should deal a lot of damage before they do. My main units to worry about are lootas and outflanking warwalkers with scatter lasers. Basically any unit with high st and volume of shots. Probably keeping most of the stuff in reserve if im not going fist as its vital this army strikes first.

All c&c welcome.

The Dark Pwner
7th March 2011, 10:50
It's worth noteing that the Landspeders that make up a Ravenwing squadron are scoring units still. I would take a Typhoon from each squad and get two Tornados for your Ravenwing Bikers. You then have 25pts to spend...could get a banner...or fnp..or both if you swap the biker's with meltas for flamers...you have other meltas in the list...so your not really damaging your list that much...if at all.

Sybrite
7th March 2011, 11:14
problem is that DA pay more for their bikers than regular marines ('cause ravenwing bikes have some extra gear and rules, but still a a point premium)
also ravenwing support squadrons (landspeeder squads) can only have one typhoon upgrade per unit :(

I'm not sure of the math (too tired right now), but I think if you did this list with regular marines it would cost about the same (since DA's bikers are more expensive but speeders are cheaper) and you'd be legit for having all typhoons. only thing you'd lose is the Av14 speeder with twinlinked weapons since it'd have to be downgraded to a captain on a bike.

Morr
7th March 2011, 13:47
Hmm didnt notice that only one per squadron can have it. That sucks and pretty much destroys the list as it was built off the cheap typhoons. Nevermind ill retry it with regular marines.

Angelofblades
7th March 2011, 14:09
I've never liked the idea of Typhoons with meltas, simply because the greatest defense of the typhoon was it's range. This way, heavy bolters couldn't shoot it out of the sky or S4 weapons themselves. Now by putting meltas on them, you force them to get into range to be further effective. Additionally with the heavy bolter, youre able to dual role and play anti-infantry and anti-armor. While playing anti-infantry you can move 12" and fire all weapons too.

Morr
7th March 2011, 14:15
Ok a vanilla marine alternative:

Captain - Bike - Relic Blade - Artificer armour. 180pts

8 Bikes - Powerfist - Flamer - Flamer - Attackbike - Multimelta. 300pts
6 Bikes - Powerfist - Meltagun - Meltagun. 210pts

3 Landspeeder Typhoons - 2 Heavyflamer - Heavy bolter. 270pts

3 Landspeeder Typhoons - 3 Heavy bolters. 270pts

I know heavy flamers are unpopular but I figured id just take two in case I come across any pathfinders. I was going for a 150pt cheapo captain but I like my HQ being able to kill something so I set him up with the relic blade.

As before any c&c welcome.

Angelofblades
7th March 2011, 15:49
Captain - Bike - Relic Blade - Artificer armour. 180pts

I dont think the AA is necessary, however, I would spend points on either a combi-melta OR Hellfire rounds for that twin linked bolter of his. Alternatively you may want to look into a storm shield

8 Bikes - Powerfist - Flamer - Flamer - Attackbike - Multimelta. 300pts
6 Bikes - Powerfist - Meltagun - Meltagun. 210pts

[/color=red] Not sure why you are bothering with Flamers at all. Just go for the meltas or plasma shots.[/color]

3 Landspeeder Typhoons - 2 Heavyflamer - Heavy bolter. 270pts

As I stated prior, the defensive strength of the typhoon is it's range, why waste the points at all on heavy flamers.

Hope that helps.

Morr
7th March 2011, 16:56
The heavy flamers are just cos I like them really. The only situation id really use them in would be against a unit I was trying to wipe out in a turn so closing the range wouldnt be an issue. Obviously thats completely situational though.

The flamers in the bikes are there to deal with horde as I have 18 st 8 shots already as well as a melta bike unit and a attack bike so I dont really need more melta. The Plasma would be fun although thats 20 pts id have to find from somewhere, 15 I would swap for the artificer armour although that would leave the captain without upgrade and still be 5pts short. I might go for a plasma and a melta though although thats a little incongruous and would split the squads purpose without being able to combat squad.