PDA

View Full Version : 1500 pt Crimson Fists: The Outriders

thesavage
16th March 2011, 04:30
When I play games, I like my lists to have a certain theme to them. In other words, I don't always take the best option, but one that is fluffy (while still being somewhat competitive). I've decided that my Assault on Black Reach Captain is the leader of the 10th company, and in charge of new recruits. Therefore, his army list should feature at least some scouts. Here's what I came up with:

Capt. w/ relic blade, digital weapons, and artificer armor 155
Command Squad w/ company champion, standard bearer, 2 vets w/ power swords and plasma pistols 205
Razorback w/ extra armor, assault cannon, and dozer blade 95

Tactical squad w/ melta gun and missile launcher 175
Rhino w/ extra armor and HK missile 60

Scout squad w/ Telion and missile launcher 200

Scout squad w/ melta bombs and combi melta 90
Land speeder storm w/ multi melta 65

Scout squad w/ melta bombs and combi melta 90
Land speeder storm w/ multi melta 65

3 Land speeder tornados w/ assault cannons 270

The list ends up being 1470 points, so I have a little leeway to add something else if I need too.

The idea behind this list is I park Telion's squad in some ruins, preferably on an objective, and rain down death from afar. My land speeder tornados, tactical squad, and even the razorback can thin down hordes, with my captain and command squad on cleanup duty. The land speeder storms and scout squads there are meant for taking down armor. Perhaps some of you know the trick where you can use the storm and its scout squad to destroy two vehicles that are close together.

I feel that everything is flexible enough to deal with just about everything I come across, but I want to know what you think. Am I missing anything?

Matzaklr
16th March 2011, 10:42
If you want to go fluffy for the 10th Company, I would nix the command squad. I imagine command squads being used in combat companies more than anything. Plus, with the CF's being as light as they are on troops, all the veterans that they have would be assigned to combat companies 1-3 other than a few to help train the neophytes (Telyon). I do like the use of the landspeeders, I think they fit in with the scout company these even though they are more of an assault/fast-attack option. Maybe get rid of the command squad and go with another Storm + scout squad. I don't know if that works out. Also, I love the heavy bolter, so I would recommend giveing one of those to a squad. Looks like a cool list that would be fun to play, I just don't know how effective it will be against all foes. Let us know!

Nocturnes
16th March 2011, 15:08
would nix the command squad. I imagine command squads being used in combat companies more than anything.

I agree- other than that it looks to be a good list! My AoBR captain is my librarian. I just cut off the banner pole, and made the sword look different.

I'd probably suggest upgrading your captain to a chapter master, for orbital bombardment- but it looks like you have the command squad all figured out.

thesavage
16th March 2011, 18:41
If you want to go fluffy for the 10th Company, I would nix the command squad. I imagine command squads being used in combat companies more than anything. Plus, with the CF's being as light as they are on troops, all the veterans that they have would be assigned to combat companies 1-3 other than a few to help train the neophytes (Telyon).

Well, this is a good point, but I really think the command squad would help round out the force. Since the captain is in charge of gathering new recruits (and is very good at his job), he should be well protected. Besides, a command squad looks very impressive visually. And don't the neophytes need an apothecary anyway to give them the implants? Maybe it's not exactly the most fluffy list, but I could easily explain it.

I'd probably suggest upgrading your captain to a chapter master, for orbital bombardment- but it looks like you have the command squad all figured out.

I play Crimson Fists. We already have a Chapter Master, and he is awesome. I want this list to be different.

Littler
18th March 2011, 00:17
As to the command sqaud, i can see the sides of both points made. In a purly fluff situation wherever a captain is being feilded so would the company apothacary.

So i think it wouldnt be to far fetched to count the other models in the command sqaud as veterans of the first company, simply attached to the apothacary given the high importance of harvesting geneseed in this particular timeline of the chapter.

Matzaklr
18th March 2011, 23:34
Yeah, I see your point there, but... In what type of mission is the 10th going to be fully commited to where they need their captain there and he needs veteran support. I could see if it was a chapter level campaign I guess, but sneaky stuff, I would think, you would want less bang, more stealth. Of course, thats just a pure fluff side, not at all what you need for a real game. As for the game, yeah, for sure take those guys, but I would still rather have Pedro and a set of sternguard instad of a captain and command squad. Thats just the way I roll.

Littler
19th March 2011, 01:01
I can see your point aswell, im a vulkan player. and hes about the least fluffy character going in my opinion, but i like to have the units so i can feild a fluffy army. For if my club runs a campaigne i prefer a more structure true to fluff army, thankfully for me they brought out captain pellas mirsan, and the entire company structure during the bedab war so im set.

And if you want a fluffy justification of a command sqaud in the tenth company, simple distraction tactics lulling the enemy into a trap.