PDA

View Full Version : [1000] Points WIP marines

Nocturnes
26th March 2011, 02:00
Here is my 2nd attempt at some competitive marines.. I took deathwind launchers, because S5 ordnance will come in handy with the more numerous armies. The captain will stick with terminators, and assault smaller units when need be- If they have a good opportunity, they will open fire. Dreadnought is long ranged anti tank, but I'm considering losing him for a devastator squad. First wave of drop pods will be the locator beacon squad+dreadnought, with terminators closing in. The last pod will enter in a effort to flank the enemy.

Lets not be to anal with my list, I've only had my marines for a month or two..

So! Comments and advice are welcome, feel free to suggest other units to include! If this one works out well, I'll make a 1500 point list.

Total: 991
Total Models: 28

HQ
Captain- 145
/w Relic Blade, Artificer Armor

Elites
Terminator Squad- 230
/w Assault Cannon

Dreadnought- 160
/w TL Autocannon, Missile Launcher, Drop Pod

Troops
Tactical Squad-193
/w 8 Marines, Drop Pod+ Deathwind Launcher, Locator Beacon

Tactical Squad-193
/w 8 Marines, Drop Pod+ Deathwind Launcher

Scout Snipers- 90
/w 5 Scouts, 5 Camo-Cloaks

Son of Sanguinius
26th March 2011, 04:43
I think its a fine army, good for just about anything (to a degree) I'd stick with a Dread rather then a D.squad but thats just me.

Deathwings are a great choice too.

Nocturnes
26th March 2011, 05:21
I also thought about swiching to a Librarian for HQ- Since its only 5 more points for a epistolary.. But I'll give this a try and see how it works.

scythes
27th March 2011, 08:02
I would drop the artificer armour from the captain, he's tough enough to survive almost anything, I run mine with only a relic blade and he's a killing machine. I'd also drop the dreads drop pod, the weapons you have on him are long range so there's no point in dropping him in close, he can't do more damage the closer he is but he can get dead from melta weapons easier if he's close in. I'd put those extra points into filling out the tac squads and putting special and heavy weapons in them so they have more punch. Also stick the captain with one for extra killyness.

Nocturnes
27th March 2011, 22:40
Here is the revised list, hitting in at 1000 points exactly.

HQ
Captain- 145
/w Relic Blade, Artificer Armor

Elites
Terminator Squad- 270
/w 6 Terminators, Assault Cannon

Dreadnought- 125
/w TL Autocannon, Missile Launcher

Troops
Tactical Squad-235
/w 10 Marines, Missile Launcher, Flamer, Drop Pod, Deathwind Launcher, Locator Beacon

Tactical Squad-225
/w 10 Marines, Missile Launcher, Flamer, Drop Pod, Deathwind Launcher