5x Grey Knights w/ Psycannon - 110

Stormraven Gunship w/ Twin-Linked Multi-Melta - 205
Stormraven Gunship w/ Twin-Linked Multi-Melta - 205

Dreadnought w/ 2 Twin-linked Autocannons, Psibolt ammo - 135

commanderchaos
12th April 2011, 01:00
so uhh..... how do you plan on killing anything with this glassjaw? is there a battle plan?

MalkThe2nd
12th April 2011, 06:07
Shoot the piss outta it?

Fortitude on Ravens make for nice fire support in addition to the Dreads for lots of long-range torrent. Libbys and/or thier squads assualt... stuff. Thinking about switching the libbies to Pairs of Falchions (+2A) with Quicksilver, and possibly giving their squads Hammers instead of Cannons.

Anything constructive would be nice, I don't actually play MEQ at all. 8)

Diagnosis Ninja
12th April 2011, 09:52
so uhh..... how do you plan on killing anything with this glassjaw? is there a battle plan?

It won't be difficult with the amount of Strength buffs in the army. All those Razorbacks are S6, all the Dreads are S8, Everyone has Hammerhand, which will stack with Might of Titan, and the sheer quantity of high powered range is fairly strong.

That said though, it feels really spammy :P Be careful of any high toughness getting near your guys, as they don't have daemon hammers or anything to stitch them up. Also, expect the guys in the Ravens to die. they won't last long when they get there lol, unless they kill it first.

Matt1785
12th April 2011, 11:15
Standard Razor spam list, it's what everyone will be running with the Psyfleman dreads. I am surprised to not see any hammers however. Might to change the Razorbacks to Rhinos so that you can save the 40 pts and add some Hammers to those units in the Rhinos, or the ones in the Stormravens. Rhinos work just as well as you can fire the Psycannon from the hatch. Sure it's only two shots, but it's rending. Just a thought.

MalkThe2nd
12th April 2011, 13:44
My thoughts on the Strike Squad Hammers, is that I should be backpedaling (read: running) from Dreads/MCs while firing. Shove a Razor/Dread in their face to slow it down if needed... but generally they'll go poof once they spend a turn in 24".

The main reason I bring the Razors is to add some depth of shooting instead of just at 24" and 48". Depending on what I'm facing, GKs exit their rides in mid-field in order to saturate and poke their Cannons out of the Razorwall. Hurt troops either get back in or run to a Raven.

Also, expect the guys in the Ravens to die. Oh yes, they will. I think of them as a "buffer" unit, I'll use their long charge range to grab up units on their way to the main force.

commanderchaos
16th April 2011, 18:48
im really not a fan of stormravens so far...... how does everyone feel about using regular land raiders instead? perhaps a bit of a flowing water strategy.

MalkThe2nd
17th April 2011, 16:28
Personal taste I guess. I like Stormravens, especially with GKs, because they have several things the codex lacks in general... namely high range and mobility. With Fortitude tacked on there along with Shrouding they can also be quite durable to boot.

Here's another take on SRs at 2k. Overall I'm much happier with this list as I've managed to squeeze in a couple more ranged shots and brought some melta units, but at the cost of a few psycannons.

Librarian, Pair of Nemesis Force Falchions, Quicksilver, Sanctuary, The Shrouding - 175
Inquisitor Coteaz - 100

8x Warrior Acolytes, 3x Meltaguns, 5x Storm Bolters, Chimera, Searchlight - 133
8x Warrior Acolytes, 3x Meltaguns, 5x Storm Bolters, Chimera, Searchlight - 133
8x Warrior Acolytes, 3x Meltaguns, 5x Storm Bolters, Chimera - 132
8x Warrior Acolytes, 3x Meltaguns, 5x Storm Bolters, Chimera - 132
5x Grey Knights, Psycannon, Razorback, Lascannon and twin-linked plasma gun - 190
5x Grey Knights, Psycannon, Razorback, Lascannon and twin-linked plasma gun - 190

Stormraven Gunship, Twin-linked multi-melta - 205
Stormraven Gunship, Twin-linked multi-melta - 205

Dreadnaught, 2 Twin-Linked Autocannons, Psibolt ammunition - 135

I really wanted 2x Shrouding users, but couldn't really fit that in. But, with the large hull of a SR, it shouldn't be too hard to zoom zoom while giving the cover bonus to the other SR and/or Dreads. 2x Sanctuary FTW?