PDA

View Full Version : [Eldar] Eldar noob needing help with 1500 list

Flyingwhale
14th April 2011, 16:33
So here's the deal first eldar list and I am at 1313 points and I don't know what to do add I want the list to be 1500 points. I'm kind of stuck. Maugan Ra is staying I really want to put him with harlequins and have this invisible guy shoot you and if you assault them.. so what?? They are harlequins bring it! Also please point out if i've made mistakes in points or anything illegal.
THANKS!

HQ
Phoenix Lord Maugan Ra = 195 points

Elite
Harlequin Troupe x 7 = 196
5 Harlequin Kiss
Shadowseer
Death Jester

Troop
Rangers Pathfinders x 5 = 120pts

10 Dire Avengers = 147
Exarch
Power Weapon/ Shimmer shield
Wave Serpent 130pts
Spirit Stone
Eldar Missile launcher

10 Dire Avengers = 147
Exarch
Power Weapon/ Shimmer shield
Wave Serpent = 130 points
Spirit Stone
Eldar Missile launcher

Fast Attack
7 Swooping Hawks = 179 points
1 Exarch
Skyleap
Intercept

Heavy
Fire Prism = 165
HoloFields
Star Engines

Fire Prism = 165
HoloFields
Star Engines

Sneggy
14th April 2011, 19:19
Falcon+fire dragons. Both exarch powers for the dire avengers.

Drop the swooping hawks. replace them with the above options.

Harlequins and maugan ra are not a competitive choice in anyway. You would be much much better off with a Farseer and some more points soent on avengers/fire dragons. But if you want to keep them then so be it.

tone.tran
14th April 2011, 19:35
Hi, please don't post points for individual models and upgrades. I've cut out your list. Please edit it back in without those points cost.

Flyingwhale
14th April 2011, 21:00
Sorry I didn't know the format for list posting.

Wouldn't Swooping hawks be as effective tank killers as fire dragons??

Novasry
14th April 2011, 21:13
Sorry I didn't know the format for list posting.

Wouldn't Swooping hawks be as effective tank killers as fire dragons??

Not a chance in Hell, Hawks can kill tanks, but they really aren't that great at it, Fragons will destroy anythignt hey shoot at.

Farseer is NEEDED, Eldar can't work without them, if you can try and spring the points for Eldrad, if not, just two powers, spriit stones and runes of Warding is good.

Harlies aren't that great, if you are just using them to screen Ra then drop it to 4 guys + the seer only...

bladestormer
17th April 2011, 01:58
Maybe add a falcon to transport your harleys it works out great for me:D Also maybe bright lance instead of missile launchers for the WS but either way is fine. swooping hawks im not a big fan of but thats my personal opinion like the models looks just not how the models act but they can be annoying drawing fire away from other units. Oh yeah your avengers neeeeed bladestorm for sure! It is the whole point of the avengers in my opinion and i will just say a farseer will help you alot more then the pheonix lord but if you want to keep him its your call but a farseer with doom and guide combined with bladestorm is really really nasty! Not saying you have to get rid of him but maybe drop something else or move something around for the seer. By the way i find harleys to be awesome in the right situations.

valinor
17th April 2011, 03:13
Star Engines will not help your FPs, save the points and place them somewhere useful like more troops. I think Harlies has uses, but for your list I would add Howling Banshees or Striking Scorpions for points save and mobility.

IMHO, what are you really trying to place out in the field? Eldar Armies are precision like scalpels. It's hard to place a be all and all generalized army for us, unless you have more models other than what you have in your list. My biggest contribution to your army is figure out what do you like to do, either mostly STAND and SHOOT or MOVE and SHOOT your opponents off. We have some CC units just not as many as some of the other armies.

Hope that helps in finding you niche.

bladestormer
17th April 2011, 03:50
Yeah i would concur with valinor you need to find a theme for this list first off. Second yeah the harleys in this case would proubly do better to be replaced by banshees.