PDA

View Full Version : Middleweight - Arena of Death

Pages : [1] 2

Drazhar2
18th October 2007, 10:51
Im afraid im not as creative as Magnus777z so like most others, the arena will be a chaosy one, exept instead of a Tzneetch one Im going to make it a Khorne one.

Rules:
- No armour values.
- 175 pts limit per character.
- No 'named' characters eg Abbadon, Eldrad Ulthan.
- A single model per entry
- Only 1 forumer per entry.
- The latest codexs must be used.
- PM your entry to me.

IMPORTANT: Please when you're submitting entries please give the stats of the model and what each item of wargear does (As i dont have all the codexs). If you dont do this then I will not select your entry. Also it would help me if you submitted the name of your character. Thanks.

I will also need another writer because I dont want this to be too slow. So if someone wants to write out duels aswell, PM me. I will select the 1st PM I get.

Entries:
1. Lexius87 - Eldar Autarch "Kai Ka'ol"
2. Doohicky - Daemon Prince "Spammy Galdorf"
3. NazarlEldar - Avatar of Khaine "Quinthelos"
4. Barocrates The Mad - Necron Lord "Lictor the Everliving"
5. P3990013 - Hive tyrant "BUBSY (Big Ugly Bitch Searching You)"
6. Warlock Chris - Dark Angels Librarian "Lyrok"
7. Maureth - Farseer "Maureth"
8. Psychedelic Lictor - Cannoness "Fontaine"
9. Soundwave - Shas'O'Su'Nan "Commander Greysword":
10. Ckilleen - Daemon Prince "Cankerus"
11. Caboose - Salamanders "Master Sarge"
12. Wareagle - Broodlord "Chuddly the slicer"
13. Mc tic tac - Wraithlord "Aeria"
14. Sythes - Carnifex "Rampagius Voracio"
15. Ron - Deamon Prince "Yar'gula"
16. Imperial Dragon - Shas'o commander "Tzi'Yan Saal'La Caor'Kir'quath'Suam'Dak'e"

EDIT: This will be the order of the fights (Determined at random)

ROUND ONE.
1.Soundwave vs Mc tic tac (Page 5)
2.Caboose vs P3990013 (Page 8 )
3.Barocrates the mad vs Doohicky (Page 7)
4.Ron vs Lexius87 (Page 9)
5.Maureth vs Warlock Chris (Page 9)
6.Nazarl Eldar vs Ckilleen
7.Wareagle vs Psychedelic Lictor (Page 10)
8.Imperial Dragon vs Sythes (Page 11)

ROUND 2.
1. Ron vs psychedelic Lictor (Page 11)
2.Doohicky vs P3990013 (Page 13)
3. Ckilleen vs Maureth (Page 13)
4. Imperial Dragon vs Mc Tic Tac (Page 14)

ROUND 3.
1. Maureth vs Doohicky (page 14)
2. Psychedelic Lictor vs Mc Tic Tac(Page 14)

ROUND 4. (The big one :wink: !)
1. Psychedelic Lictor vs Doohicky(Page 14)

(Cordova and I will try to get these done as quickly as possible - Right Cordova? :P )

Lexius87
18th October 2007, 10:53
Woot!! another one! gonna write mine right away!

Doohicky
18th October 2007, 11:07
What way will instant death work in this one?

As the rule book or down to a single wound?

Drazhar2
18th October 2007, 11:08
As the rulebook.

Also, even though it will be a khornate arena psykers will be allowed.

NazarlEldar
18th October 2007, 11:41
submitted mine :) this should be fun

edit: only 12 more to go hopefully the fill up quickly so we can start soonish

Rifleman Lizard
18th October 2007, 12:07
In and typing my entry now. I'm not missing out again.

Barocrates The Mad
18th October 2007, 12:15
Never seen one of these before, but the premise sounds awesome.

I think I've got a good mix of offense and defense in my unit.

Lexius87
18th October 2007, 12:18
this doesn't start to look good for my autarch...not going to last long hahaha

p3990013
18th October 2007, 12:20
Submitted mine too. It's called B.U.B.S.Y.! :lol:

NazarlEldar
18th October 2007, 12:25
this doesn't start to look good for my autarch...not going to last long hahaha

lol, depends on how u kitted him out, thats why i went for the avatar, high toughness + strength

Maureth
18th October 2007, 12:28
Wouldn't Avatar be considered a Special Character? I know he's only an "Individual", but they're the same thing.

p3990013
18th October 2007, 12:29
Wouldn't Avatar be considered a Special Character? I know he's only an "Individual", but they're the same thing.

No. There are many avatars in the galaxy. There is only one Eldrad however.

It's just another monstrous creature...

Cordova
18th October 2007, 12:42
I would, but here I am at Uni, Codexless :cry: but I am now writing for this, do at least I am involved. Woo!

Rifleman Lizard
18th October 2007, 12:46
Even so Eldrad is not a special character, he is an IC HQ choice. If more than one person wanted to use an individual however, I'm assuming the first person to enter gets the place.
I have my entry in and I'm very confident. :)

p3990013
18th October 2007, 12:49
Then what counts as a special character?

/confused

Maureth
18th October 2007, 12:49
Entrant PMed :D

Rifleman Lizard
18th October 2007, 12:50

/confused

Something that says it may only be used with opponent's permission.
Individual or otherwise, a HQ choice requires no consent to use and is not classified as a special character.

Maureth
18th October 2007, 12:52

/confused

They just got rid of it in the new Eldar codex. All previous Special Characters and new ones are just "Individuals". You can only include one in an army. I see them as Special Characters. I would say no one could take them.

But legally you can.

Lexius87
18th October 2007, 12:53
ohwell it's all about fun and slaughter right?

Maureth
18th October 2007, 12:54
If we are allowing the use of Eldar's Individuals, and If I'm allowed to, I'm changing my entry!

Doohicky
18th October 2007, 13:39
I am pretty sure that Drazhar will confirm that by special characters he means all 'Named' Characters.

That will take out all ambiguity. It would be completely unfair to allow Kharne but not allow Shrike for example.

Maureth
18th October 2007, 13:42
I would be fine with that. But still, does that include Avatar?

Psychedelic Lictor
18th October 2007, 13:54
as said before, an avatar isn't a special character. effectively it's the same as a space marine captain, a chaos sorceror, a tau ethereal etc. there is an avatar on every eldar world after all. there isn't a mephiston, abaddon etc on every world.

Drazhar2
18th October 2007, 13:54
Im sorting it out.

I would be fine with that. But still, does that include Avatar?

Yes.

p3990013
18th October 2007, 14:13
9 entries to go!

Drazhar2
18th October 2007, 14:16
Sorted!

Psychedelic Lictor
18th October 2007, 14:48
canoness fontaine to spank all your heretical behinds :wink:

that's twice now i've thrown my lot in with the sobs, one of these best do me some justice. if i get to a final that'll be the final straw, im'a start collecting the ladies.

Ckilleen
18th October 2007, 14:51
sent my entry in

Soundwave
18th October 2007, 14:51
Alright, I got my entry in :) . We'll see how well my Shas'O holds up here.

Lexius87
18th October 2007, 16:11
6 more places to go! come on lads! sign-up!

Imperial Dragon
18th October 2007, 17:02
I'll type mine up now. If you need any help with write-ups and like my work for Magnus, gimme a PM.

WarEagle
18th October 2007, 17:10
sent mine :D

MC Tic Tac
18th October 2007, 17:12
PM away!

Caboose
18th October 2007, 17:12
Sent mine in! Fear the wrath Of Sarge!!!

Imperial Dragon
18th October 2007, 17:16
Question: How the hell can a tau battlesuit take down an avatar?!

scythes
18th October 2007, 17:17
Just got mine in, hope it was in time. I almost went with a geared up Libby, but I figured my new army has been good to me in AoD's so I'd enter something fun yet...evil. :)

Lexius87
18th October 2007, 17:18
shoot and pray dear Imp...shoot and pray

WarEagle
18th October 2007, 17:19
yeah I hope mine got in in time...he will slice and dice and even take the garbage out :D

Soundwave
18th October 2007, 17:19
With a little bit of luck I suppose.

Imperial Dragon
18th October 2007, 17:22
A lot of luck. I'm asking drazhar some finer rules points in a bid to not do quite so crap in this one...

Drazhar2
18th October 2007, 17:29
Almost there. Will be fun.

WarEagle
18th October 2007, 17:32
Just got mine in, hope it was in time. I almost went with a geared up Libby, but I figured my new army has been good to me in AoD's so I'd enter something fun yet...evil. :)

For the swarm ;)

I can only guess what you tooled your guy up with

scythes
18th October 2007, 17:35
It's not a repeat if you must know, Broody died so he won't be returning.

*Goes off into a corner and cries* :(

Ron
18th October 2007, 17:53
*Gets home from class* "Cool another AoD" *notices how many entries there are already* OMG! :eek: *Rushes to send in entry*

Imperial Dragon
18th October 2007, 17:54
Just sent my entry in. FK! 1 spot left! pleasepleaseplease let it be me...

Drazhar2
18th October 2007, 17:59
Congratulations Imperial Dragon it is you!

Lexius87
18th October 2007, 18:01
so all we have to do now is wait for warlock chris?

Imperial Dragon
18th October 2007, 18:03
YES! I'M IN! *daaaaaaances!*

Caboose
18th October 2007, 18:05
WOO! im in again! I better not get knocked out first round tho...

Ron
18th October 2007, 18:06
*Dances too because was closer to missing this then would have liked.*

Imperial Dragon
18th October 2007, 18:06
haha, how's THAT for a name, eh?

Soundwave
18th October 2007, 18:08
lol, I bet you can't say it 10 times fast :D .

Imperial Dragon
18th October 2007, 18:10
I just tried it. No, I can't...SO HE'LL KICK ASS FOR DOUBLE PAYBACK!

Drazhar2
18th October 2007, 18:11
so all we have to do now is wait for warlock chris?

We will do the 1st entries 1st. Im sure that will give Warlock Chris enough time to do his entry. I will be doing odds, Cordova will be doing evens, and Imperial Dragon will be doing his own fights but I wil be posting him the outcomes.

Imperial Dragon
18th October 2007, 18:12
So do we have a 1st round pair list yet?

Lexius87
18th October 2007, 18:12
*dances because others are dancing*

Drazhar2
18th October 2007, 18:13
*Joins in*

Yes, we do. I am writing up the duel now (Ofcourse i am yet to roll the dices).

Maureth
18th October 2007, 18:13
Warlock Chris is against Ckilleen and has yet to make his entry, so he'll be able to specifically tailor it to beat Ckilleen. A little unfair, don't you think?

Drazhar2
18th October 2007, 18:14
Oh yeh, I missed that. Thank you for pointing that out. I will redo them.

Imperial Dragon
18th October 2007, 18:15
but if he does, it wont be suited to his next opponent. if he has any sense hell build an all-round killer like the rest of us.

EDIT - Hang on, Maureth is fighting twice?

Lexius87
18th October 2007, 18:18
do we have any idea when he's going to send his entry? if we don't then that makes the planning even harder (not trying to bitch or anything..if i do just slap me)

Drazhar2
18th October 2007, 18:20
He is doing a late shift in his job. He said he will be submitting it leter tonight or early morning.

Lexius87
18th October 2007, 18:21
alright..i already feared didn't say a time..and we could wait for like days..(alright this is bitching*slap*)

Drazhar2
18th October 2007, 18:22
but if he does, it wont be suited to his next opponent. if he has any sense hell build an all-round killer like the rest of us.

Good point, I think i will post em back up. Ehhhh more rolling for me.

Imperial Dragon
18th October 2007, 18:25
Look at me go. I should make a job of this advice lark...

Soundwave
18th October 2007, 18:27
Ouch, I think I'm going to be squished by a wraithlord. Oh well :D .

Drazhar2
18th October 2007, 18:33
I got em all written down.

Ron
18th October 2007, 18:35
I got em all written down.

All what? And where?

scythes
18th October 2007, 18:37
Looks like a pretty wild spread there, I feel fairly safe in my entrant. There's no shadowfield wielding Dark Eldar out there to stop the broodlord this time, looks like I'll have to do it! :)

Maureth
18th October 2007, 18:41

Heh, good thing that was fixed... *pulls at neck of shirt nervously, sweat drips down*

I don't plan on doing all that great with my Farseer. It'll just make for some nice stories.

Ron
18th October 2007, 18:42
Looks like a pretty wild spread there, I feel fairly safe in my entrant. There's no shadowfield wielding Dark Eldar out there to stop the broodlord this time, looks like I'll have to do it! :)

I feel kind of confident with my entry too, although there are some pretty nasty ones here. Hopefully the new rules to my favorite Chaos power will help me.

Drazhar2
18th October 2007, 18:43
I wasnt submitted an armour save value for the wraithlord. Does anyone know what it is?

Ron
I wasnt submitted an armour save value for the wraithlord. Does anyone know what it is?

3+

Ckilleen
Maureth you mean probably only story, not stories lol

Lexius87
18th October 2007, 18:45
that depends Ckilleen...Farseers have some nasty powers and equipment ya know

Imperial Dragon
18th October 2007, 18:48
I think my suit will do well, he has a few surprise packages in there :D.

Drazhar2
18th October 2007, 18:50
Dont stick around waiting for me too much, this will take a while.

Ckilleen
edit *at lexius*

yea i know i fight them all the time i live with an eldar player and there are 3 at my gaming club. all you need is a psycannon and they die so fast its not even funny

Maureth
Maureth you mean probably only story, not stories lol

Ha. Ha.

that depends Ckilleen...Farseers have some nasty powers and equipment ya know

Thank you Lexius :)

I might just spare you, should we so happen to duel. I sure hope not though. A Farseer vs. an Autarch. Its just not right.

Lexius87
18th October 2007, 18:52
@Ckilleen: yeah that's true but i don't think there's a psycannon particepating...

@Maureth:would be an intresting fight tough

Caboose
18th October 2007, 19:04
Right im facing a tryant That thunder hammer better work magic.

Ron
18th October 2007, 19:08

Especially considering that the hive ignores armor saves and might be able to cause 2 wounds instead of one. :D

scythes
18th October 2007, 19:18
Where's the fights listed up? I only saw 2 listed until the last entrant gets into it. Is there a complete listing of whos fighting who yet? I wanna know who the fex is gonna stomp on.

Ron
18th October 2007, 19:21
Where's the fights listed up? I only saw 2 listed until the last entrant gets into it. Is there a complete listing of whos fighting who yet? I wanna know who the fex is gonna stomp on.

Drazhar2 has not written them yet because Warlock Chris has not yet submitted what his entry is. I think.

MC Tic Tac
18th October 2007, 19:21

The original post on the first page.

scythes
18th October 2007, 19:24
K, that's what I figured, come on Chris, put that entry in so I can see who I get to stomp on. Ya know how toug it is to make a killer cc fex at only 175 points. :(

MC Tic Tac
18th October 2007, 19:26
My Wraithlord only comes in at 140 points

Caboose
18th October 2007, 19:40

Especially considering that the hive ignores armor saves and might be able to cause 2 wounds instead of one. :D

Way to dash my hopes for this contest. :(

Ron
18th October 2007, 19:56

Way to dash my hopes for this contest. :(

That's ok, I probably won't do much better unless I get really lucky.

Drazhar2
18th October 2007, 20:31
Shas'O'Su'Nan "Commander Greysword" (Soundwave) vs Wraithlord "Aeria" (Mc Tic Tac)

Shas'O'Su'Nan plodded through the black corridor towards the light, his battlesuit whirring quietly with every step he took. He ignored the whispers and threats coming at him from the walls but quickened his pace, eager to leave the corridor. He tried to remember how he had got here, he dimly remembered fighting the humans and then... nothing. When he was out he found himself in a huge stone-grey collesium, the sky was rust red and sheet lightning arced across the sky every few seconds followed by deafening booms of thunder. A huge cheer that drowned out even the thunder came from those ocupying the stands. Those occupying them appeared to be large humans in bulky red armour, some brandishing weapons while others brawled with eachother, Su'Nan zeroed in on them with his battlesuit's auto-senses to see if there was any heraldy displaying thier alleigance. Upon thier shoulderpads was what looked like a depiction of a planet about to be devoured by some kind of gaping maw. This symbol was un-familiar to Su'Nan, it also wasnt listed in the battlesuit's system memory. At the very top of the collesium wall was a large viewing box, which was occupied by a huge humunoid silohoutte with leathery black wings.

Heavy footfalls drew his eyes to a towering figure at least three times the height of himself at the other end of the arena. In one of it's hands was a huge sword and it too seemed to be looking around despite having no eyes.
A deep booming voice, filled with power resounded around the collesium.

"You will be faced with challenges. You will meet warriors from other races and you will battle them, the last surviving one will go free with no further harm done to them as thier prize. Each of these warriors also has this knowledge and will be as desperate as you two to escape my domain!" The voice which seemed to be coming from the viewing box gave a short harsh laugh and then shouted "Begin!"

The on-lookers screamed in anticipation.

Su'Nan new what to do. The wraithlord charged forward, sword heald in both hands. At once Su'Nan opened fire with his weapon systems, but the wraithlord was nimble and it darted aside as the plasma rounds glanced along the side of the it's body, scortching the gleaming surface but doing nothing to stop it, the two missle pod volleys he let off had a similar affect. The answering fire from the guns mounted on it's body tore holes through his armour, wounding him. He growned, but stealed himself against the pain.

"In Tau, I am strong" He whispered as the wraithlord slashed it's sword at him in a wide arch. Just in time Su Nan ducked under it. But the blade came at him again, cleaving his Torso from his legs. Falling to the ground in a pool of his own blood Su'Nan screamed in pain as he looked in horror at his severed lower body. This drew cheers of delight from the onlookers. He managed to roll over onto his back and point his weapon systems upwards, but then the wraithlord impailed him on it's gigantic sword. The blade tore through his heart and his world ended in fire and pain. And so ended the life of the infamous Commander Greysword.

Soundwave

ROUND ONE.
(Shooting)
Soundwave, Both Plasma rifle shots hit but failed to wound and 1 missle pod shot hit, it wounded but was saved.

Mc Tic tac, Wraithsight passed. Bright Lance missed, both Shruiken catapult shots hit, all 1 wounded and the armour save was failed leaving Commander Greysword with 3 wounds.

(Assault)

Mc Tic tac goes 1st with higher initiative. 2 hits inflicted on Commander Greysword despite the wraithsword bonus, both wounded and Soundwave failed both invulnarable saves.

Winner: Mc Tic Tac - Sorry Soundwave, I will send you my dice through the post so you can burn them in anger after im finished lol. I was expecting those weapon systems to inflict at least a but of damage. Very unfortunate.

Lexius87
18th October 2007, 20:36
Nice victory Mc TT , i really thought you would be shot to pieces...to bad for you tough soundwave!

Anyway nice writing Drazhar!! any word yet from Chris?

MC Tic Tac
18th October 2007, 20:37
Sorry Soundwave :(

But on a slight note I believe that Monstrous creatures can move and fire only 2 weapons or all if they are stationary IIRC.

Also a Wraithlord is Toughness 8 with 3 wounds so most shooting bar anti tank is pointless and Tau plasma is only St 6 I believe

Drazhar2
18th October 2007, 20:41
yeh i know, i had written it down wrong sorry, correcting it now.
The brightlance missed. The one catapult fired twice hitting once and wounding once, the wraithlord then wounded him in cc and Greysword died due to insta death rules.

Ron
18th October 2007, 20:46
No word from WC so we can see whos fighting who?

Drazhar2
18th October 2007, 20:47
It'll only be an issue if he doesnt PM me well after Cordova does the next one.

scythes
18th October 2007, 20:49
Ouch, that's pretty harsh, I guess the wraithlords are off to better start than they had in the lightweight. Nice write up. :)

Drazhar2
18th October 2007, 20:50
Thanks. 8)

Ron
18th October 2007, 20:51
Ouch, that's pretty harsh, I guess the wraithlords are off to better start than they had in the lightweight. Nice write up. :)

Yeah, well the wraithlord here didn't have to worry about getting wounded on 4+ like mine did! :evil:

EDIT: BTW, Yes a very nice write-up.

MC Tic Tac
18th October 2007, 20:53

There was Wraithlords in the LIGHTweight?

Dosn't sound right but meh. The reason I went for one is the toughness 8 as most folks will be taking st 6 gribblies like daemon princes and Hive Tyrants which would need 6's to hurt a Wraithlord rather than power fist/ thunder hammer marine captains.

scythes
18th October 2007, 20:56
I say bring on the wraithlord, I'd like to see it go against my S10 T7 fex with 5 wounds. I think that'd be a pretty good knock down drag out street fight.

Ron
18th October 2007, 20:57
I say bring on the wraithlord, I'd like to see it go against my S10 T7 fex with 5 wounds. I think that'd be a pretty good knock down drag out street fight.

It would be a pretty close fight. Except the 'Fex has more attacks

MC Tic Tac
18th October 2007, 21:00

I'd guess the 'fex costs bang on 175 points, while the wraithlord costs 140 points.

Imperial Dragon
18th October 2007, 21:01
Nice write up. I guess its left to me now to uphold the imperial honour...

scythes
18th October 2007, 21:04
170 on the fex, The crushing claws was just too much but the tusks should help on the charge. 4 attacks normal and 6 on the charge will rerolls to hit and -1 to your WS. I think I'd pull it off, I'm just glad there's no force weapon wielding librarians out there.

MC Tic Tac
18th October 2007, 21:05
I'm just glad there's no force weapon wielding librarians out there.

me too, :D

Drazhar2
18th October 2007, 21:08
You dont know that yet, remember WC hasnt submitted his entry yet :twisted:

Soundwave
18th October 2007, 21:08
Ouch that was rough, I figured I was going to die though. Anyways congrats MC Tic Tac :D .

Ron
18th October 2007, 21:10
170 on the fex, The crushing claws was just too much but the tusks should help on the charge. 4 attacks normal and 6 on the charge will rerolls to hit and -1 to your WS. I think I'd pull it off,

Man, by the sound of your entry, the bug might walk off with this AoD too.

^QFT

Drazhar2
18th October 2007, 21:16
Im now doing the 3rd one, but i wont release it until Cordova has done match 2 and WC has PMed me his entry - if he hasnt done it by tommorow I will open up an option for another Forumer to submit thiers.

scythes
18th October 2007, 21:24
The only problem I'll have is the initiative of 1. I figured noone would both with a power fist or something to put I at 1 so I didn't bother to put his at 2. Come on WC, we all wanna get this thing going! :)

Drazhar2
18th October 2007, 23:31
The third firght has been written, I will post it tommorow.

Magnus777z
18th October 2007, 23:43
Drazher go delete you post from my arena please. It would have been nice if you had discussed this with me before you did it. Now I am a bit pissed at you.

Kilroy
18th October 2007, 23:59
*Throws rock at Drazhar for starting this without him*

Rifleman Lizard
19th October 2007, 00:47
Relax, folks. Patience is a virtue. I really did only walk in the door ten minutes ago. Damn reality and these loathing monsters everyone calls bills. Thanks, Drazhar.

Barocrates The Mad
19th October 2007, 00:51
I apparently misread the rules. I thought we were limited to models with 3 wounds, not as a minimum.

I'll have to remember this.

Rifleman Lizard
19th October 2007, 01:22

You spoke to soon.
I always enter librarians. :lol:

Kilroy
19th October 2007, 01:25
I probably would have entered a chaos sorcerer.

Ron
19th October 2007, 02:20
I probably would have entered a chaos sorcerer.

I was going to, but I figured a Tzeentch DP would cause and take more damage then a Tzeentch Sorcerer.

Doohicky
19th October 2007, 09:09
I reckon me and you may just have identical entries Ron...

Probably the same with the other D. Prince too.
Wait.. yours might be different since you like to bring GOC.

Rifleman Lizard
19th October 2007, 09:33
This will be interesting!

5.Maureth vs Warlock Chris

Get your spirit stones ready, laddy. Gonna be a rough night!

Drazhar2
19th October 2007, 09:33
Cordova is doing the 2nd fight.

NazarlEldar
19th October 2007, 09:51
drew a daemon prince damn, ahwell my avatar will hopefully put up a good fight. good luck Ckilleen

Barocrates The Mad
19th October 2007, 09:55
drew a daemon prince damn, ahwell my avatar will hopefully put up a good fight. good luck Ckilleen

We're in the same boat :-p Wanna trade?!

Lexius87
19th October 2007, 10:01
damn a deamon prince...i need bucketloads of luck on this one

NazarlEldar
19th October 2007, 10:02

haha, think its gonna be an early exit for both of us, but you never know if the dice go our way

p3990013
19th October 2007, 10:04
B.U.B.S.Y. is coming for ya all :lol:

Drazhar2
19th October 2007, 10:08
Do you guys reckon i should post the 3rd fight (Ive already done) now or should i wait until Cordova has done the 2nd one?

NazarlEldar
19th October 2007, 10:10
i vote post it, it wont make any difference to the results, but im being impatient and blood thirsty, give me more

Barocrates The Mad
19th October 2007, 10:12

haha, think its gonna be an early exit for both of us, but you never know if the dice go our way

Here's to hoping a Toughness of 6 and a 4+ invuln save both save my ass.

Draz, it's really up to you.

NazarlEldar
19th October 2007, 10:15
@Barocrates: good luck man

@ Draz: it is really up to you, but do you have any idea what Cordova is doing?

Drazhar2
19th October 2007, 10:19
Well, it was a pretty good fight. It went on for 2 rounds.

@ Barrocrates the Mad. The fight starts off a bit bias against you (It is just the Daemon Prince being arrogant. But anyway hope you enjoy it. I havnt put this one through as many draughts as the last one, so there may be a few spelling mistakes here and there.

!!FIGHT 3!!

Barocrates the mad (Necron Lord "Lictor the Everlasting") vs Doohicky (Daemon Prince "Spammy Galdorf")

The Daemon Prince surveyed the crowd prowdly as he waited for his oponent to come, then stared purposefully at the winged silohoutte in the viewing box. He would lift the veil from these Khornate space marines' eyes and show them the true power of chaos. He grinned, showing yellow teeth when he saw his oponent float through the entrance. A tall figure welded to a curious lower body that kept it off the ground, weilding a long staff topped with viscously sharp blades hovered silently at the other end of the arena, watching him with expresionless green orbs for eyes.

He almost laughed out loud. They had sent him a robot? Out of all the warrior mystics, savage beasts, magical sorcerors and genetically modified superhumans in the galaxy they had sent him this? He looked up at the viewing box, and threw his heavily muscled arms up in mock dispair.

"Is this the best you can give me?" He shouted.

The silohoutte remained silent and still.

He shook his head and turned back to the robot, and as one they both advanced towards eachother. Spammy Geldorf, as he liked to call himself chuckled as he sent a trio of psychic doombolts towards his oponent. To his surprise one of them disapeared just before impact with a fizzle, but both others blew craters the robot's shining metal body. He then leapt up into the air, drew his blade and sliced it down, at once he realised that this was no mere robot. It's scrawny arms managed to summon the strength to block the blow with it's staff. Spammy Geldof's grin faltered, as the robot blocked the following cut he directed at it's left flank. But then it returned when he drove it through what passed for it's abdomen.

The Necron Lord, unhurt by the wounds swung it's warsythe, the blades scoring a deep wound in the Daemon Prince's chin. It roared in pain and let go of the sword embedded in the Lord's body and clutched it's face as blood dripped through it's fingers. The Lord then stabbed at the Daemon Prince's legs, drawing another cry of pain as it fell to it's knees. It took one of it's arms away from it's face and more doombolts leapt from the palm of it's hand. But they all fizzled out just before impacting on the Lord's body. A look of horror crossed the daemon princes ugly features at the failure of it's psychic powers. But then it rose to it's feet ready for the final battle. Just able to get over it's pain it swung a crushing right hook, denting the Lord's face with it's massive strength. The Lord caught the next punch in it's own hand and swung it's warsythe with the other. But it's fist was caught by the Daemon Prince's other hand. The lord pushed harder with it's weapon arm, desperate to score the killing blow. Then the daemon prince started to pull hard on both of the lord's arms. The lord unable to do anything could only watch as the Daemon Prince tore it's arms from it's sockets. It then picked up the warythe that had clattered to the ground and with a scream of triumph cleaved the Lord's head from it's shoulders.

(ROUND ONE)
Shooting phase:
Doohicky - Psychic test passed. All doombolts hit, 2 wound (Yes i re-rolled them;) ) and both inv saves failed leaving "Lictor the Everlasting" with 2 wounds left.

Barrocrates the Mad - No shooting

Assault phase:
Doohicky goes 1st because of higher initiative

Doohicky - All but 1 hit and two of those wound despite the re-rolls. 1 was saved leaving the lord with 1 wound.

Barrocrates the Mad - 3 hits and 2 of those wound. Leaving "Spammy Galdorf" with 2 wounds left.

(ROUND TWO)
Shooting

Doohicky - 2 hit, both wound but are both saved.

Barrocrates the Mad - No shooting.

Assault
Doohicky - All hit, 3 wounds and 2 inv saves made killing the Lord.

Doohicky emerges victorious.

@ Draz: it is really up to you, but do you have any idea what Cordova is doing?
Not at the moment. I am doing odds (1, 3, ,5 etc) while he is doing evens (2 , 4, 6 etc).
[/quote]

Barocrates The Mad
19th October 2007, 10:25
While the fight was exciting, it really should have ended for me at the first assault phase. Necron Lord gets 3 wounds, not 4.

ouchies.

Drazhar2
19th October 2007, 10:29
Ahhh, crappy dappy doo.

Note to self: Must read entries more thuroughly. Anyway, im going to leave it like that.

p3990013
19th October 2007, 10:35
Good try Barocrates! Better luck next time!

Barocrates The Mad
19th October 2007, 10:35
I almost wish I'd picked Necron Pariah instead, -laughs-

NazarlEldar
19th October 2007, 10:38
nice write up, the wound thing was a bit of a bummer but at least Doohicky won because if he hadnt people wouldnt have been happy and then Drazhar i think you would find youself in the arena

Doohicky
19th October 2007, 10:40
Cool! Through the first round. Must say I am surprised that the Necron Lord had no Ressurection Orb so he could try and get back up again.
And multiple shooting phases. That greatly pleases Tzeentch :)

Barocrates The Mad
19th October 2007, 10:50
Cool! Through the first round. Must say I am surprised that the Necron Lord had no Ressurection Orb so he could try and get back up again.

o_O

This is why I should invest in multiple Codex's. I've been wanting to start up a Necron Army, and know the wargear mostly, but my "expert" friend told me he has to be within another Lord/Spider with Lord on table to do WBB.

Even so, I felt +1 toughness, ignore all saves, and 4+ invuln save would give me more mileage than Ignore all Saves + 4+ Self rez.

I also didn't know it was a simply a shooting phase, then assault phase, then repeat. I took the Destroy body mostly to turbo-boost in and lock into melee ASAP.

-swoosh- THE MORE YOU KNOW!

Rifleman Lizard
19th October 2007, 11:00
I'm just glad that Warscythe is gone now. :twisted:
Anyway, time for work again. I'll check back tonight.

p3990013
19th October 2007, 12:02

Hey, the Necron Lord has WBB even without the Resurrection Orb. If he rolls a 4+ he stands up with one wound, even if he was killed by a power weapon. Can someone check on this?

Drazhar2
19th October 2007, 12:05
Edit.

Cordova
19th October 2007, 12:28
Sorry this is a tad late, was swamped with work.

Caboose: Salamanders Master “Sarge” vs.
p3990013's Tyrant BUBSY

Sarge looked around himself as the blood encrusted lift rose slowly. He could feel the evil of this place permeating the very air he was breathing, the unmistakable stench of Chaos cloying in the back of his throat.
Icons to the Blood God were daubed onto the walls as he passed, and even the hardened Marine couldn’t suppress a shudder. How had he got here, he could not remember, everything seemed hazy in his memory, all he knew was the present. He gripped the thunder hammer tighter in his hands, taking reassurance from its cold, hard presence.

With a juddering groan, the lift slowed to a halt, and the door in front of him opened slowly, revealing an open arena, with a sand coated floor. It reminded the veteran marine of his training zone back at the fortress monastery. He smiled with the odd familiarity of it. He stepped out warily, and all pretensions of home were smashed from his mind, as the true spectacle before him unfolded. He was on a small sand covered floor, dried blood encrusting the top so much that it crunched underfoot. Sat on tiers around the arena stood hundreds of vague figures, hidden by a haze of smoke. Although he could not see them, the palpable menace they exuded chilled Sarge to the bone. His dread was quickly forgotten however, when a noise behind him heralded the arrival of something large. He spun, and was confronted with the sight of a massive Hive Tyrant.

Sucking air through his teeth, he suddenly realized his fate. He was nothing but a gladiator here. “So be it,” he thought, resolve filling him with strength.
He eyed up the beast as it circled him, drawing on centuries of experience to assess its weaknesses and any potential openings he could exploit. He watched carefully, his right hand slowly unclipping his plasma pistol as he did. The beast’s huge legs contracted, muscles bunching as it prepared to strike. Sarge saw this subtle movement, and as the beast leapt he swung his arm up, firing his pistol. The superheated bolt smashed into the creature, blowing a hole in it’s thick hide, but it had too much momentum, and wasn’t even slowed.

Dropping his pistol, Sarge brought his Thunder Hammer up to counter the monster’s claws. Blows rained down upon him, but his armour held true. The creature brought it’s face close to his, spitting acid onto him, eating away the ceramite on his stomach. Even through the blessed armour he could feel the burning. He felt the creatures claws rake his flesh, through his armour, and could not help but cry out as the beast unleashed a second maw deep into his shoulder, ripping his muscles with ease. A thunderous blow from the creature fell onto his leg, ripping through it, tearing it from his body, blood spurting before it could clot. Roaring in pain and fury, he cried out as the creature dug its talons into his chest, plunging it's bloody maw deep into his body. His body was wracked with spasms as the terrible beast tore him apart from the inside.

Dropping the corpse in its claws, the Hive Tyrant threw back its head, bloodlust driving its cries, as it roared for more prey to devour...

Shooting phase:

Caboose Plasma Pistol, hits, wounds.
P3 no shooting

Tyrant down to 3 wounds

CC:
P3 goes first. 5 hits, only 2 wounds!!! Reroll through Acid Maw for 4 wounds

2 saves made, 2 wound suffered, doubles to 4 due to Implant attack

p3 Wins!!

Drazhar2
19th October 2007, 12:32
Well done. Nicely written!

NazarlEldar
19th October 2007, 12:35
nice write up
edit

Doohicky
19th October 2007, 12:51
Quick question...
I thought Bionics didn't work against wounds that ignored armour saves. Or am I making that up?

Psychedelic Lictor
19th October 2007, 13:04
doohickey you're right - bionics are nullified in assault when wounded by something that doesn't allow armour saves or would inflict instant death. the tyrant is a monstrous creature so they get stromped :?

Ron
19th October 2007, 13:05
damn a deamon prince...i need bucketloads of luck on this one

Yes, you do. Especially since you have a rather low toughness.

Quick question...
I thought Bionics didn't work against wounds that ignored armour saves. Or am I making that up?

I thought that too, but when I looked it up I could not find anything against it in the IG codex (Idon't know if it is different in the SM codex).

@Doohicky: Yes, I do enjoy bringing GoC to these things. :twisted: Not that it has done me any good yet. :roll:

p3990013
19th October 2007, 13:26
So I make it to the next round? :D

Drazhar2
19th October 2007, 13:30
We are sortin' it out.

- But I think it does.

Cordova
19th October 2007, 13:33
Yes it does. I sincerely apologise for that mistake, and I have edited the story accordingly, I forgot the MC status in the rolls. Sorry for that.

Ron
19th October 2007, 14:16
So are me and Lexius87 next?

Lexius87
19th October 2007, 14:18
oh dear god...did you have to mention it? now my autarch needs to change his underwear...

Ron
19th October 2007, 14:25
I think this fight is going to be alittle one-sided.

And yes, I did have to mention it. :twisted:

Drazhar2
19th October 2007, 14:29
well, at least the autarch can still wound the daemon prince (on a 6). Plus the dice can go anyway. I've already rolled for Warlock Chris and Maureth's match and there were a lot of 1s on both sides. It can go anyway.

Lexius87
19th October 2007, 14:29
@Ron:yeah i bet you did..anyway..

i have all my hopes on the first round of assault...maybe..just maybe i'm able to snatch a wound of ya with shooting and then kill you in CC before you have the chance to fight back

EDIT: wound on a 6!! :eek: ..alright i'm screwed :lol:

Ron
19th October 2007, 14:33
@Ron:yeah i bet you did..anyway..

i have all my hopes on the first round of assault...maybe..just maybe i'm able to snatch a wound of ya with shooting and then kill you in CC before you have the chance to fight back

EDIT: wound on a 6!! :eek: ..alright i'm screwed :lol:

Of course there is a very nice possibility that you become a spawn before you even shoot. :twisted:

Lexius87
19th October 2007, 14:44
doesn't that involve a Ld test? if so then i'm pretty sure i have nothing to worrie about

Ron
19th October 2007, 14:47
doesn't that involve a Ld test? if so then i'm pretty sure i have nothing to worrie about

:twisted: Yes, it is something for u to worry about.

Gift of Chaos: Psychic power, Used at the beginning of the psykers turn, make a Psychic test, then roll a D6 if successful, if the roll is over the targets unmodified toughness or a 6 then the model is turned into a Spawn with no saves allowed. (The user and the target my both be in CC)

Considering the hardest part is getting a roll over the target's toughness and you only have toughness 3, I think turning you into a spawn (again) will be relatively easy.

Maureth
19th October 2007, 14:58
This will be interesting!

5.Maureth vs Warlock Chris

Get your spirit stones ready, laddy. Gonna be a rough night!

Ah, Farseer Maureth will prevail! He has to... or else I'm dead.

But we did both roll a lot of ones... Hmm.

Lexius87
19th October 2007, 15:03
@ron:........damn.......

Ron
19th October 2007, 15:07
@ron:........damn.......

Yeah, I would feel like that too.

So, are you worried now? :smt083

Lexius87
19th October 2007, 15:09
n...n...no? :? :(

Ron
19th October 2007, 15:12
n...n...no? :? :(

Are you sure? :smt106

MC Tic Tac
19th October 2007, 15:15
[quote=scythes]I'm just glad there's no force weapon wielding librarians out there.

You spoke to soon.
I always enter librarians. :lol:[/quote:3u5yn71f]

I just remembered that St 4 libbys can't hurt a T8 Wraithlord, well I should safe from force weapons.

Lexius87
19th October 2007, 15:17
@ron:yeah i think i'll just rely on luck..geh what else can i do besides hiding i the corner crying?

Ron
19th October 2007, 15:20
geh what else can i do besides hiding i the corner crying?

You could say, "*insert raspberry here* You died in the first round of the LW AoD and I made it to round 2! :smt016 "

scythes
19th October 2007, 16:27
Hmmm, S4 can hurt T7, come on Maureth, I need you to kill that damned librarian so he can't force weapon my fex to death! Nice write ups so far, and ID, I feel for you, a single Tau against a Fex. :)

Imperial Dragon
19th October 2007, 16:30
Aaaaaaaaaaaaooooooooooh sh**....

Please say its not a smasheyfex?

scythes
19th October 2007, 16:40
Well, if it makes you feel better it doesn't have crushing claws or regenerate. :)

Maureth
19th October 2007, 16:55
Hmmm, S4 can hurt T7, come on Maureth, I need you to kill that damned librarian so he can't force weapon my fex to death! Nice write ups so far, and ID, I feel for you, a single Tau against a Fex. :)

Ah no problem. But then I'm coming after you :D

scythes
19th October 2007, 17:19
Bring it on, as long as you kill the one model that scares me even a little bit I'll be happy! :)

Rifleman Lizard
19th October 2007, 18:40

Ah no problem. But then I'm coming after you :D

Don't shrug me off so easily, Maureth. One true shot from my shooting and you're down for the count, and that's the least of your worries. :wink:
Can't wait to read up on it!
Good stuff, everyone.

Cordova
19th October 2007, 18:56
Here are the results of the eagerly anticipated duel between Ron and Lexius 87

Yar’gula could feel the borders of the Warp close here, and he drew strength from its dark powers. Breathing deeply, the blood stained arena seemed to stretch before him as he reached out to touch the Warp, feeling it’s limitless energy invigorating his body. He knew what would be expected of him here, and he smiled to think that Tzeentch would have him as part of his plan.
He pulled his mind back to reality, tensing his mighty muscles in expectation of what would come towards him. The far doors of the arena opened, and out flew one of the decadent Eldar prices of his jetbike, the tassels of his armour flowing. Every movement of the alien was graceful, but Yar’gula would not be entranced. Tapping into the Warp, he summoned a bolt of power, intending to reduce the alien to a babbling spawn. The Eldar prince resisted however, and his attempts failed, trying again, the same result. Yar’gula growled at the Eldar’s persistence.
Rounding his bike, the Eldar loosed a volley of Shuriken darts towards the Daemon Princes mighty form. The razor edged discs slashed Yar’gula, opening up a bloody wound on his side. The jetbike screamed as the Eldar rocketed towards him, too fast to see clearly. He felt the alien’s blade bite into him, but smiled as the Tzeentch turned the blade away, saving him form harm. Shaken, but not defeated Yar’gula flung his hands up to swat the alien like an insect. Feeling one blow connect, he roared in fury as the Eldar’s shield forced his blow away.

Wheeling around Kai Ka’ol loosed another devastating volley towards the demon, but they simply grazed his hulking form. Yar’gula once again tried to call on the Warp, but his summons weren’t answered. Trying harder he reached deeper, but felt the massive backlash as he did, stunning him as pure energy ripped through his mind.

The Eldar streaked towards him again, but this time, the blade simply scraped along his skin doing nothing. Taking this as a sign, Yar’gula leapt into the aliens path, smashing through its shields tearing his head from his shoulders in one contemptuous blow.

Landing deftly, he raised his bloody arms in triumph, feeling the power of the Warp come rushing back to him. He smiled, obviously his seclusion from the Warp had been a test, one that in the eyes of Tzeentch he had surely passed…

Summary:

Gift of Chaos x2:
Both pass, then Fail

Shooting:
Lex: 2 hits, 1 wound, Failed save. Ron on 3W
CC:
Lex: 3 hits, 1 Wound, Failed Inv. Ron on 2W
Ron: 2 hits, 1 Wound, Saved

GoC x2
One fail, One Perils! Wound taken Ron on 1W

Shooting:
Lex: 2hits no wounds

CC:
Lex: 4 hits, no wounds
Ron: 2 hits, 2 wounds, Double S means dead!!

Ron wins

Drazhar2
19th October 2007, 19:00
Nicely done Cordova. Almost finished the next fight.

Rifleman Lizard
19th October 2007, 19:01
Fun for everyone, except Lex!
Nice write up too.

Cordova
19th October 2007, 19:05
Thanks, I can't believe how badly the Gift of Chaos went! When I was rolling it I was thinking this could be a great upset, but in the end it was as expected. Close and entertaining though!

Ron
19th October 2007, 19:37
GF Lexius87! You did a lot more then I expected and I was surprised how well you resisted GoC. Reading the fight I actually thought that I was going to lose. :D

A very good write-up Cordova!

Drazhar2
19th October 2007, 20:05
Maureth (Farseer "Maureth") vs Warlock Chris (Librarian "Lyrok")

Lyrok, librarian of the Dark Angels chapter revved his bike's engine impatiently, waiting for the order to attack the Farseer on the other side of the arena. His hand went to the plasma pistol holstered at his side and drew it. He observed the xeno's jetbike, with it's foul technologies keeping it off the ground. Lyrok vowed that he would see it fall.

"Begin!" Shouted the silohoutte in the viewing box.

At once Lyrok shot forward, the back wheel kicking up sand. The noise of the engine was deafening as his front wheel rose up, higher and higher. He let off a shot with his plasma pistol but the xeno's armour absorbed the impact. The xeno put two fingers to its forehead and started chanting. At once Lyrok started to feel intense pain in his head. He growned and reached into the warp to fight back, with the aid of his psychic hood he nullified the xeno's fowl witchcraft before it did any damage and his head was clear once again. He snarled with rage, he holstered his pistol and with his right arm, drew his force sword from the sheath across his back while keeping control of the bike with his left.

The xeno's jetbike shot forward even faster than his own and at once it was upon him. The farseer's spear lanced through the gap between his breastplate and his left shouldererpad, causing his blood to spray everywhere. The blow threw him off balance as he fought to keep control, he gritted his teeth and slammed on the break hard and wrenched the silver handle bars to the right. His bike skidded leaving a long groove through the sand, his back wheel slid over to the left so that when he stopped he was facing the other way. He looked around for the farseer through the dust, and then he saw it hovering high above the arena floor. Again, the xeno used it's foul witchcraft to assault his mind, but this time he was ready, and he almost casually batted the xeno's mind assault aside.

The farseer then suddenly went into a dive, Lyrok managed to snap off another shot with his plasma pistol but the Eldar's infernal armour absorbed the plasma round without so much as a scortch. This time Lyrok would be ready for the blow. Again the Eldar's speer lanced forth but with his force sword, Lyrok batted it aside. He then caught hold of the Eldar's arm with his free hand, and dragged it off the bike as it zoomed past. The Eldar's heretical vehicle exploded against the collesium wall in an enormous fireball. The World Eaters occupying the stands cheered as the Eldar fell to the ground, and forward rolled back onto it's feet.

He stabbed at the xeno's chest but it's armour turned his blade aside. The xeno then spun and tried to whack him in the face with the shaft of it's spear, but Lyrok arched his spine as far down as his power armour allowed him and threw his head back, the weapon passed only milimetres over his nose. The xeno then stabbed at his head, Lyrok caught the spear and wrenched it from the Eldar's frail hands. With a laugh he casually chucked the spear aside, brought his leg over the bike's seat and stood up. He then seized the struggling Farseer by the throat and threw it back down onto the floor. He aimed his plasma pistol at the farseer's head smiling.

"For the Emporer, xeno scum"

The was a flash of light as the plasma round found it's mark. But still the Eldar's armour remained impenetrable. Lyrok's face contorted with rage as he kicked the kneeling Eldar onto it's back.

But Farseer Maureth wasnt done yet as he still had one more trick up his sleeve. One last mind war was all that could save him now. He reached deep into the warp, deeper than he ever had to before to try and overcome the Mon-Keigh's mind.

"Khaine, guide me through this challenge" Maureth whispered.

He gestured with his left hand and the Mon Keigh's expression of anger quickly turned to one of surprise, and then horror. Dropping it's pistol and sword, it fell to it's knees clutching it's head and shreiking with pain. The Mon-Keigh's pistol flew straight into Maureth's outstretched hand so now he was pointing the pistol at it's bare head. Without even pausing to savour his victory Maureth pulled the trigger.

(Round 1)
Shooting.
Warlock Chris - Plasma pistol hits and wounds, but is saved by the rune armour's 4+ inv. save.

Maureth - (Passes fortune before these rolls started). Successfully casts mind war but is nullified by pschic hood.

Assault.
(Strike at the same time because of equal initiative)
Warlock Chris - (Rolled 10 on psychic test for force weapon) 4 out of 5 attacks hit, 3 of them wound and 2 of them are saved.

Maureth - 1 hit from the singing spear, it wounds and the lirbrarian fails his armour save, leaving him on 1 wound.

(Round 2)
Shooting.
Warlock Chris - Plasma pistol hits and wounds, but is saved by the rune armour

Maureth - (Passes fortune) Succesfully casts mind war but is again thwarted by the psychic hood.

Assault.
Warlock Chris - 1 hit, wounds and save is failed. BUT - fortune was cast in the last round, so the save is re-rolled and I re-rolled a four.

Maureth - 1 hit but rolls a 1 to wound. Test for WC's psychic sheild un-neaded.

(Round 3)
Shooting.
Warlock Chris - Plasma pistol shot hits but fails to wound (rolled 1)

Maureth - Passes mind war. Psychic hood fails to stop it, but they both rolled 13.

Assault.
Warlock Chris - 2 cc attacks hit, 1 wounds but is saved.

Maureth - Rolls two snake eyes to hit in cc. Test for WC's psychic sheild unneaded.

(Round 4) Phew!
Shooting.

Warlock Chris - Hits, wounds but is again saved by the rune armour.

Maureth - Rolls two 1s and a 2 for the mind-war - have to take the 2 lowest dice rolls, but the ghosthelm saves the farseer from the perils of the warp. WC's Psychic hood fails to stop it and the farseer rolls a 5 for the mind war while the librarian rolls a 1.

Maureth emerges victorious after a long hard fight! Sorry WC, that is a lot of 4+ saves than I would have beleived possible made by the farseer

Soundwave
19th October 2007, 21:07
That was a pretty close fight. I was pretty sure the Libby was going to win it. Congrats to Maureth.

Drazhar2
19th October 2007, 21:10
Same, but as i said, I have never passed so many 4+ saves in my entire life... in fact I dont think i have even passed that many 3+ saves.

Imperial Dragon
19th October 2007, 21:16
OoooK, two more fights to go then i'll try and prove that Tzi'yan battlesuits CAN beat carnifexes...

Drazhar2
19th October 2007, 21:18
Ah damn. I think i fukked up on the spelling and missed out a couple of words.

scythes
19th October 2007, 21:34
Yeah!!!! go Maureth! No more force weapons! I feel a lot safer. And ID, I'd actually pay to see a Battlesuit beat a Fex, good luck, it could happen, you do get to shoot at me without return shots and attack first in cc at least. I have to survive all of that, course I'm guessing you don't have a T value higher than 5 so 1 hit out of the 6 I get and it's over, so ust kill me first. :)

Ron
19th October 2007, 21:37
Yeah!!!! go Maureth! No more force weapons! I feel a lot safer.

:stupid:

I must admit that I was pretty certain the Libby would beat the farseer into dust, but I am glad to be proven wrong. Kudos to Maureth for a very hard fought win.

Rifleman Lizard
19th October 2007, 21:41
Damn! I burst out laughing at that turn of events.
My smile twisted when I read how close I was! :lol:
Bloody re-rolls. I'd have put cold cash on a victory there, but alas, the gods are fickle and unforgiving. I knew a mind war was coming, and I was hoping for either a well aimed plasma bolt to the face or a melted brain from a force attack. Third time a charm right? I had the bugger by the throat with a gun to his face! How close can it get? ;) Nice match up, Maureth.
That was a badass write up, Draz. I loved it.

Just remember, folks. Chris loves his libbies and he'll be back sooner or later. :twisted:

I'm rooting for you, Maureth. :wink:

Maureth
20th October 2007, 01:04
That couldn't have gotten anymore epic!!!!

Two dueling bikers!

Fortune is saving me left and right.

I'm just about dead, but miraculously Mind War prevails!

That is the best write up I have ever read.

Yeah!!!! go Maureth! No more force weapons! I feel a lot safer.

As I said before, you're next :)

Damn! I burst out laughing at that turn of events.
My smile twisted when I read how close I was! :lol:
Bloody re-rolls. I'd have put cold cash on a victory there, but alas, the gods are fickle and unforgiving. I knew a mind war was coming, and I was hoping for either a well aimed plasma bolt to the face or a melted brain from a force attack. Third time a charm right? I had the bugger by the throat with a gun to his face! How close can it get? ;) Nice match up, Maureth.
That was a badass write up, Draz. I loved it.

Just remember, folks. Chris loves his libbies and he'll be back sooner or later. :twisted:

I'm rooting for you, Maureth. :wink:

I know, this whole fight was just amazing!

And thanks for the root :)

NazarlEldar
20th October 2007, 04:29
best fight so far great write up

nice im up next, hopefully Khaine is with me on this one

Drazhar2
20th October 2007, 09:56
Ah great, so I didnt mess up too much then?

Drazhar2
20th October 2007, 11:47
Hope this is ok.

Psychedelic Lictor (Canoness "Fontaine") vs Wareagle (Broodlord "Chuddly the Slicer")

"May the Emporer find me worthy of this challenge and aid me in leaving this cursed place" Fontaine whispered as her eyes darted around the arena. At the other end of the battleground was a powerfully muscled Tyranid with four arms bound by heavy iron chains. She had heard of these broodlords', creatures of terrible power, thier speed so in-humanly quick thier movements only a blur. It uttered a horrible ear-ringing shreak and it tore at the chains holding it in place with it's talons. But the chains were infused with the dark power of the blood god, and not even the broodlord's huge strength could could break it.

"Well then, slave of the corpse god" Boomed the voice from the viewing box. Fontaine looked up at the winged silohoutte.

"Emporer protects" She whispered. The silohoutte seemed to have heard her, for it's cruel echoed across the collesium, the other on-lookers followed suit.

"We will see how much your Emporer protects, girl. Begin!"

Fontaine levelled her inferno pistol in both hands and aimed at the creature's heart as the chains binding the tyranid snapped. She let of a shot which found it's mark, blasting a chunk of the tyranids armour away from it's well muscled body. It gave another shriek and then bounded toward's her. Fontaine made the sign of the aquila across her breast, holstered her pistol then drew her blessed sword. She rolled, out of the way just in time as the tyranid leapt and landed just where she would have been if she hadnt moved. At once she saw that the stories where true as all but one of the tyranid's attacks found thier way past her sword. But her armour heald. The runes and wards inscribed on her armour glowed bright, lending strength to the adamantite for without it, the armour would have been cleaved apart easily. In return she manged to cut off one of the tyranids arms. The tyranid screamed, plucked her from the ground and hurled her across the arena.

She landed hard and choked on the dust that was kicked up. Shaken, she un-holstered her pistol once again and took aim, this time at one of the creature's legs. She squeezed the trigger and her aim remained true. The tyranid which had started loping after her, crashed to the ground as a great chunk of one of it's thigh muscles was melted by the inferno shot. It came to a halt right beside Fontaine who, seizing the moment, leapt up and drove her sword right through it's chest. Pinned to the floor, for the blade had also bitten into the ground, the tyranid tried to grab for her with one of it's arms, but Fontaine stepped back out of reach. She walked round to it's head. It opened it's maw and screamed at her again. The canoness smiled as she took a meltabomb from her belt, activated it, and dropped it into the beast's open mouth. For a moment the beast bit into it, but it's head then exploded, spraying it's fowl blood all over Fontaine, but she didnt care. She wrenched the sword from the beast's carcass and looked up at the viewing box, smiling.

"The emporer does protect, heretic!"

Wareagle - No shooting

Assault.
Wareagle - (PL's test for spirit of the matyr is passed). 4 out of 5 attacks hit. All 4 wound, but all are saved.

Psychedelic Lictor - 2 hits in cc and 1 wounds leaving chuddly the slicer with 1 wound left.

ROUND 2.
Shooting.
Psychedelic Lictor - Hits and wounds, killing.

Psychedelic Lictor wins!

NazarlEldar
20th October 2007, 11:52
indeed the emperor does protect, once again nice write up

Drazhar2
20th October 2007, 11:54
thanks.

But im not entirly happy with it. I think I let the setances drag on a bit too much.

Cordova
20th October 2007, 12:13
No, it's a very well executed piece of work. The sentences are good, and there is good use of sub clauses to break them up, don't worry it works well.

NazarlEldar
20th October 2007, 12:20
i agree with Cordova, but i guess every author thinks they could have done something better/different

Drazhar2
20th October 2007, 12:26
Oh ok thanks. I can be very self critical somtimes. (Just try working with me in my GCSE art class as school :wink: )

NazarlEldar
20th October 2007, 13:32
no probs

yay only 2 more fights left wish cordova would hurry (just kidding man)

Drazhar2
20th October 2007, 13:34
He said he will have it posted by this evening. (Its already early afternoon)

NazarlEldar
20th October 2007, 13:39
lol, being on forums is damn confusing with time differences

doesnt really bother me when he gets em up as i know ppl have a lot on and they take priority over being on a forum

WarEagle
20th October 2007, 15:27
wow 4 ivn saves against my attacks now thats luck

what is her Ivn save 4+?

Drazhar2
20th October 2007, 15:51
2+. (Spirit of the matyr). - Acts of faith.

WarEagle
20th October 2007, 15:57
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! why emperor why!

can she do that every CC? because if she could than I was SOL to begin with

Drazhar2
20th October 2007, 16:09
She has 3 faith points. Each turn she does that she uses 1 up. (She also has litanies of faith rule which means she can do an act of faith without spending any faith points). After they're all gone she cant do it anymore.

NazarlEldar
20th October 2007, 16:11
damn so she pretty much always has a inv2+ as i doubt any match will go for more than 4 turns

Drazhar2
20th October 2007, 16:13
It could win her the whole Aod, but still a failed save here and there...

NazarlEldar
20th October 2007, 16:14
what toughness is she? coz one failed save could result in instant death couldnt it?

WarEagle
20th October 2007, 16:16
thats it! I have have submitted squishy people to much lately....I now will hunt through all my codexes for the most BA person and rain death next arena

also shakes Psychedelic Lictor's hand

Drazhar2
20th October 2007, 16:18
T3. but she also has this item of wargear (The Mantle of Ophelia) which means she can ignore the rules of insta death for the 1st hit inflicted on her with a strength double her toughness. Pretty good huh? 8)

NazarlEldar
20th October 2007, 16:20
dammit thats good, she does have a good chance of winning this thing

Drazhar2
20th October 2007, 16:28
But ive rolled for the next Round and she could still go down to a monstrous creature with a str value double her toughness.

I dont really mind who wins, but im routing for either the cannoness (Because im an Imerium fan) or Maureth's Farseer (Because he was very lucky and I like that)

NazarlEldar
20th October 2007, 16:32
nice, im still waiting for cordova its 1:30am and im tired

maureth's farseer was extremly lucky and has a good chance of winning too

Ron
20th October 2007, 16:34
T3. but she also has this item of wargear (The Mantle of Ophelia) which means she can ignore the rules of insta death for the 1st hit inflicted on her with a strength double her toughness. Pretty good huh? 8)

That means I have a good chance at making a chaos spawn out of her. Of course I said the same thing about my last opponent.

Drazhar2
20th October 2007, 16:35
I think Cordova and I live in the same timezones. And it's only about 4:30pm over here.

NazarlEldar
20th October 2007, 16:38
its sunday 1:40 where i am
shit ive got homework to do tomoz i will suk majorly at it

maybe i should go to sleep

Drazhar2
20th October 2007, 16:40
I hope it wasnt this thread that has kept you up. :?

NazarlEldar
20th October 2007, 16:42
nope im insomniac i think

who do you think has the most chance of winning?

Drazhar2
20th October 2007, 16:44
Probably psychedelic's Canoness.

I cant wait to see the avatar in the duel Cordova's going to post up.

NazarlEldar
20th October 2007, 16:46
:) daemon v daemon, eldar v chaos, mortal enemies should be close and fun

scythes
20th October 2007, 17:40
Too bad WarEagle, it seems its the Broodlords place in the universe to lose to models with a 2+ invuln save. :) Nice write ups all, can't wait to see that last 2 fights this round.

Imperial Dragon
20th October 2007, 18:29
Fight 8 - Imperial Dragon vs. Scythes

Warp space swam around the tau battlesuit, its limbs sprawling around it and its head spinning as its internet computers attempted to make sense of where it was. It swung its bladed arms at passing spectres and smoke started to drift from its central core as it's advanced targeting systems desperately tried to lock onto thousands of what it saw as enemies. As its span through Van Grothe's Rapidity, its sensors locked onto an approaching object moving at high speed. Curling into a spiked ball as it realised it couldn't dodge the object, the prototype battlesuit hammered into the blood-soaked sand of the chaos arena. Internal systems clicked and whirred as its tried to regenerate its damaged parts, and with all systems fully functional the suit stood up. Its head sensors scanned its new surroundings and eventually locked onto the shadowy figure at the head of the arena, who it turned to face. "New adversary" the robot intoned lifelessly, "unknown location. Unknown alleigance. State allegiance, or will open fire." The crowd just laughed.

"A droid? Not as much fun, but I'd like to see you fight. Seems we'll just have some more scrap metal lying around at the end of this, but at least if you survive this your masters will get some valued information." The silhouette laughed again.

"Repeat. State allegiance, or will open fire." The crowd started to boo the black battlesuit.

"Enough of this. Begin!" At the end of the arena the black gates ground open and the TY8X turned to focus on the new arrival. Stomping and screaming, a collossal tyranid bio-construct charged into the arena. Its hardened skeleton and massive claws dripping with venom, the tusked beast hissed and spat acid as it saw its mechanical adversary.

"New target identified. Designate: Y'Eldi Mont'yr, threat level Omega. Engage and exterminate" intoned the droid battlesuit as it strode toward the beast on clawed legs, which split down into six taloned feet allowing the TY8X to advance scuttling with incredible speed. Roaring again and bearing its massive talons the carnifex charged at its foe, the crowd starting to cheer again. "Target in range, open fire." A panel on the suit's chest retracted to reveal a dual-barrelled fusion blaster which hummed and fired, a bolt of blue plasma punching into the ramaging tyranid's face and melting one of its shining eyes away. Screeching in pain, the carnifex quickened its pace. In response, the TY8X suit curled up into a ball again, slamming its blade-covered hull into the enhanced exoskeleton of the enemy creature and knocking it to the ground under by a combination of speed, bulk and pain on the part of the carnifex. Unfurling its limbs, the spiderey machine stabbed again and again at the exposed fleshy parts of the tyranid, rending deep, bloody wounds in its throat and torso. Roaring with frustration the beast slashed at the enemy machine's hull, its attacks bouncing off if a crackle of electrical static and eflected by the shield generators. Firing again at point-blank range with its plasma weapon, the droid blew a huge crater in its opponent's external ribcage prompting the tyranid to deliver a bone-shattering kick to dislodge the irritating stinger. Curling up again as it flew threw the air, the TY8X rolled across the sand to prevent impact damage and stood in defiance of its enemy as the khornate crowd reached fever pitch. Steaming wounds covering it's slimy hide, the tyranid clambered to its feet one more time, blocking out the agony of its chattered body, lowering its tusks and charging at the tau prototype once again. kicking off with its jetpack as the carnifex approached, the TY8X delivered a rending kick to what remained of the creature's head with one of its clawed feet, reverting in mid-air as its sensors targetted the weakest armour patches for the killing blow. With lightning speed the robot delivered a final fusion blast from its chest into the carnifex's split chest cavity, incinerating its internal organs and sending it crashing to the floor ablaze. As the sensor suite registered the tyrani'ds death, the TY8X turned back to the black shape on its throne in the upper levels. "Prosper, as Tau shall", it intoned, reverted to two legs and left the arena.

ROUND 1
shooting.
Imperial Dragon - Fusion blaster hits and wounds. leaving the carnifex with 4 wounds.

Sythes - No shooting

Assault..
Imperial Dragon - 3 out of 5 attacks hit. Of these 2 wound (Wow, 2 6s rolled) and both saves are failed leaving the carnifex with 2 wounds.

Sythes - 2 of 4 attacks hit, 1 wounds but is saved by the sheild generator.

ROUND 2
Shooting.
Imperial Dragon - Fusion blaster Hits and wounds, leaving the fex with 1 wound.

Sythes - No shooting.

Assault.
Imperial Dragon - 4 out of 5 attacks hit this time but none wound.

Sythes - 1 hits, wounds but is again saved by the sheild generator.

ROUND 3.
Shooting.
Imperial Dragon - Fusion blaster hits and wounds. Killing the fex.

Imperial Dragon is the winner.

COME ON!!!!

Drazhar2
20th October 2007, 18:37
Wow, very nice write up. Glad I let you do this one ID

Very unfortunate Sythes. I cant beleive how different the dice rolls where for each character.

scythes
20th October 2007, 18:38
WTF! How did that happen? Nice write up ID. Just a quick question, you know the fex gets 6 attacks on the charge and reroll hits? 2 base attacks, +2 for 2 scything talons, +2 on the charge for tusked, reroll for acid maw. Anyway, I don't know how a Tau beat a fex in cc, but nice job.

Imperial Dragon
20th October 2007, 18:40
Well, hard luck scythes but if a broadside can lose at shooting and soundwave can win in CC, im not letting my new CC-designed TY8X lose.

Drazhar2
Sorry, I had written them down wrong. (My god i keep doing that. Typing errors will kill me some day) I did roll all 6 each turn (and re-roll them).

(This happens because, when i roll the dice and three hit, for example I put down " 3.." then i look at your fex's statline and it says 4. so i put down "3 of 4". Sorry for the mistake

Soundwave
Wow, good job ID, congrats :D .

Now you must avenge my death against that accursed wraithlord :D .

Imperial Dragon
20th October 2007, 18:44
Theres no small measure of luck there though. 2 6s to wound in CC for a S5 suit. No matter how cool the TY8X looks, its still a tau machine. Damn, I need to get that robot back to Tzi'yan...

Drazhar2
20th October 2007, 18:46
I must say sythes, that is some of the worst luck I have ever seen. I humbly apologise for rolling so badly, still, better luck next time yes?

Imperial Dragon
20th October 2007, 18:49
Bring on Tic Tac then!

scythes
20th October 2007, 18:50
I'm truely amazed, I think I'm gonna go off in a corner and cry. I guess it could be worse, I could've been beaten by...um...yeah, that's the bottom of the barrel. Nice job ID!

Imperial Dragon
20th October 2007, 18:50
Bottom of the barrel?!?!

Ah, a wraithlord...

scythes
20th October 2007, 18:54
Meant I don't think I could've lost to anyone more unlikely, yours was a bit of an underdog there, I guess I'll have to come up with something bigger and meaner next time. :)

Drazhar2
20th October 2007, 19:05
you would be surprised. It's cc stats actually were very goodd. If it had access to power weapons it could cause a lot of damage to the enemy on tabletops.

scythes
20th October 2007, 19:19
Eh, no biggie, and I apologize for the little outburst when I first saw the outcome, nice fight, go kill something else for me.

Drazhar2
20th October 2007, 19:21
I didnt even think it was an outburst :wink:

Cordova
20th October 2007, 20:11
Here's another. Sorry for the wait Nazarl.

Cankerus roared against the shackles that bound him to the floor. Straining his muscles he beseeched Tzeentch for help, trying desperately to call upon the Warp to tear himself free.
“Your master cannot help you here,” spoke a rumbling voice from the shadows that ringed the arena. “This is the temple of Khorne, only blood and skill matter here.”
Cankerus stopped his struggle and turned to glare at the source of the voice.
“I spit on the throne of your god,” replied Cankerus contemptuously, “Tzeentch reaches further than your dullard senses can comprehed, cretin.”
The voice merely laughed, replying,
“We shall see soon enough, we shall see…”

Cankerus let his arms drop, rage seething through his veins. The insolence of that whelp. He would see him destroyed in the name of Tzeentch…

The shackles at his wrists shuddered as though alive, then fell to the floor, clanging resoundingly as they did so. Startled, Cankerus dropped to one knee already plying apart the fabric of space to summon forth the Warp if needed.

The ground in front of him began to shimmer, as if a mirage. Cankerus stepped backwards, ready to strike should it prove to be a foe. The ground began to boil and burn, the sand crackling and becoming glass. The heat was intense, pushing Cankerus back almost forcibly. A flash of light tore at his eyes, searing his eyes, leaving purple images dancing across his sight. Stunned, he shook himself, desperately trying to regain his composure. Slowly his sight returned, and he was able to take in the sight before.

Glowing and steaming, there stood before him an Avatar of Khaine, the fury of the Eldar made manifest. Cankerus looked on with something approaching awe as the creature swung his burning axe in slow circles, leaving dancing plays of light in its wake. The ground at the beasts feet was burned and scorched, a testament to its. Cankerus flinched visibly as it let its head back to utter a blood chilling roar. Instantly, Cankerus knew what he needed to do.

Reaching into the Warp he dragged its power around himself, a faint purple haze outlining his body as he stood somewhere between reality and the Immateriu. The Avatar roared, loosing a bolt of red fire from its axe, but the bolt passed Cankerus by, smashing into the wall behind him, leaving a smouldering crater. In retaliation, Cankerus raisind his hand, loosing a dazzling bolt of blue fire, only for it to bounce harmlessly from the monsters fiery visage

With another bone chilling cry, the Avatar leapt forwards, daemon fire spilling from its mouth as it swung its blade at Cankerus. Barely avoiding the blows, he parried the first but then cried in pain as the red hot blade left a gash running the length of his arm. He retaliated swiftly, the Warp around him lending extra potency to his blows. He struck the creature repeatedly, but only once did he penetrate its armoured hide, spilling fiery blood from its chest. The two combatants broke apart, each wounded.

For a while they circled each other, looking for an opening to exploit. Once again, Cankerus let the Immaterium flow into his body, invigorating him with its power. He hurled another bolt of Warp fire towards the beast, who merely shrugged it off. Raising its weapon, the Avatar again let loose a bolt of fire, this time striking Cankerus square in the chest. Blue and purple sparks crackled as Cankerus’ unnatural shield turned the blow aside. Sprinting forwards the two monstrous beings launched into combat once again, trading devastating blows with each other. Cankerus felt the Warp guide his blows as he twice evaded the Avatar’s defences to tear holes in its chest, but for all the damage he inflicted the creature was equal, tearing open his side and legs with two mighty swings of its fiery weapon.

Cankerus darted backwards from his foe, and once again called upon the Warp to aide him. He saw the Avatar raise his weapon and loose another fireball towards him. Once again Tzeentch watched over him, deflecting the blow. Determined to end it once and for all, Cankerus let the Warp guide his arm, his eyes glazing over as the raw energy crackled over him. A stream of blue fire jetted from his hands, smashing into the Avatar, drilling a hole in its chest. With a cry of fury it fell, its molten form coming apart as it fell, until all that remained was a burnt out husk.

Cankerus dropped to the floor, exhausted by his efforts. He looked up into the gloom above him,
“Tzeentch is always present to guide me.”
“This time maybe, but when will you cease being his plaything?” Replied the rasping figure, “Your time shall come...”

Summary:

Nazarl (Avatar) vs, Ckilleen (Cankerus, Daemon Prince)

1)
Ckill: Warptime passed
Naz: Wailing Doom misses
Ckill: Doombolt hits, wounds on reroll, Saved

CC:
Naz: 2 hits, 1 wound, save failed Ckill on 3W
Ckill: 2hits 1 reroll, 2 wounds, 1 saved, Naz on 3W

2)
Naz: Wailing Doom hits, wounds but saved
Ckill: Doombolt hits, no wound

CC:
Naz: 4 hits, 2 Wounds, both failed, Ckill on 1W
Ckill: 1 hit 3 rerolls (4 hit) 3 wounds, 1 save made, Naz on 1w

3)
Naz: Wailing Doom hits, saved
Ckill: Doombolt hits, reroll wounds, failed save Naz on 0W

Ckilleen wins!

Drazhar2
20th October 2007, 20:25
Very well done, almost like 'the clash of the titans'... no... it was the clash of the titans more like. I also liked the way you portrayed the figure, he will be important in the last match as I will reveal who he is then, although some of you may have already guessed his identity.

Soundwave
20th October 2007, 20:37
I must say that was a pretty exciting match. I wasn't sure who was going to win it up until the end.

Imperial Dragon
20th October 2007, 20:59
This middleweight round has been incredible.

Ron
20th October 2007, 21:09
Oh boy, I get the Cannoness! Good Luck psychedelic Lictor

EDIT: Acid maw only lets you re-roll the 'to-wound' rolls for the 1st round of combat.

Drazhar2
20th October 2007, 21:28
Psychedelic Lictor vs Ron

"My next challenge for you will surely test how much your Corpse God protects" The figure spoke with anticipation.

Fontaine, looked up into the viewing box with a smirk, her scarlet cloak flailing in the wind.

"Oh yes, your little challenges always work like a charm" she sneered.

"Be silent whelp" the figure snapped "As distastfull as I find him, I preseant Yar'gula, daemon prince of Tzneetch"

There was a flash of red light and the cannoness was faced with a massive hulking monster in cursed power armour, horribly disfigured by the changer of the ways to the point where she could only just see it as humanoid. Cheers from the stands drowned out the confused grown it made as it looked around. Quickly it realised where it was and it's eyes where drawn to the Cannones, recognising her as it's oponent.

"Begin"

The cannones smiled as the blue lightning arching from the daemon prince's huge paws stopped just short of her body. Quickly she un-holstered her inferno pistol and another devestating heat-ray leapt from it's charred muzzle straight into the daemon prince's right shoulder, blasting a chunk of it's armour away. The daemon prince didnt voice a cry of pain or anything, just looked at the wound for a second, then started loping towards her, a mad expression on it's face.

Fontaine drew her blessed sword and kissed it, how far it had brought her through her career as a soldier of the Emporer, she had lost count of how many foes it had slain. She leapt into the air to meet the daemon prince's charge, it's first punch missed her by inches as she angled her blade for the kill in mid air. With speed seemingly impossible for it's size, it dodeged out of the way. Fontaine hit the ground and rolled. She turned just in time to see the daemon princes huge foot connecting with her chest with the force of a thunderbolt. She sailed through the air and hit the ground and slid a further 10 metres through the sand. Her torso aching dully. She looked down at her armour and saw it had cracked under the daemon prince's mighty kick. She un-holstered her inferno pistol and again blasted another chunk from the Daemon prince's armour away from it's body. Slowly, clutching her chest she rose to her feet and spat blood. The figure in the viewing box clapped, laughing at her pain.

Once again the daemon prince used it's fowl powers to try and destroy her, but once again, the wards inscribed on her armour heald. This time she charged, he cloak flowing out behind her. In a few short seconds she had covered the distance to the daemon prince. Dodeging and ducking under all it's punches and kicks Fontaine unleashed a flurry of cuts and stabs, one finding it mark, scoring a deep gash that sprayed blood in the daemon prince's left leg. This time the daemon prince fell to one knee growning in pain. Sheathing her sword, Fontaine quickly leapt onto it's back, and in less than a second, pulled herself up onto it's massive shoulders.

"So much for a challenge" She said, barely able to draw in enough breath to keep her conscious. She drew her pistol and before the daemon prince could react, she pulled the trigger. The figure in the viewing box gave a roar of frustration that made the hairs on the back of Fontaine's neck stand up. She leapt from the daemon prince's body as it crashed to the floor. She hit the ground and fell to her knees, gasping for breath, utterly exhausted.

ROUND 1.
Shooting.
Psychedelic Lictor - shoots with inferno pistol, hits, wounds and inv. save is failed by Ron, leaving his daemon prince with 3 wounds left.

Ron - (Passes both tests for Gift of Chaos, but I rolled a 2 and a 3 for it's effects - meaning it causes nothing).

Assault.
Ron - (Ld test for spirit of the matyr is passed) 3 attacks hit, of which 2 wound and 1 is saved. (Cannoness does NOT die of insta death because of the item Mantle of ophelia) This leavs the Canoness with 2 wounds.

Psychedelic Lictor - All attacks miss.

ROUND 2.
Shooting.
Psychedelic lictor - Inferno shot hits, wounds and the inv. save is failed leaving the daemonprince with 2 wounds.

Ron - Gift of chaos, both psychic tests passed, but again a 1 and a 3 were rolled to see it's effects. No damage is inflicted.

Assault.
Ron - (Ld test for spirit of the matyr is passed) 2 attacks hit, they both wound but are both saved.

Psychedelic Lictor - All attacks hit, of which 1 wounds and the DP's inv. save is failed leaving it with only 1 wound left.

ROUND 3.
Shooting.

Psychedelic lictor - Shot hits, wounds but the DP passes his inv. save (For once ;) ).

Ron - psychic test passed and rolls 5, but the rolling for "Sheild of faith" the power nulifies it. The next one is passed, but rolls another 3 for it's effects.

Assault.
Ron - (PL Passes ld test for spirit of the matyr) 2 attacks hit, both wound but both are saved.

Psychedelic Lictor - 1 attack hit in cc, it wounded and the DP failed his save, reducing it down to 0 wounds.

The winner is Psychedelic Lictor.

Imperial Dragon
20th October 2007, 21:31
What's with this chick?

Drazhar2
20th October 2007, 21:32
She was a little rude to the figure in the viewing box in the last round. Naturally he wants her dead, so they have a little conversation first.

Imperial Dragon
20th October 2007, 21:34
It's not that, its just the ass-kickery!

Drazhar2
20th October 2007, 21:34
ahh yes. I like that in a girl. :)

Soundwave
20th October 2007, 21:37
That's it, I'm putting money on her :wink: .

Imperial Dragon
20th October 2007, 21:38
Meh, the TY8X doesnt give a damn, its emotionless but extremely intelligent.

scythes
20th October 2007, 21:44
My money is on ID, from past performance he can kill anything! For the greater good!

Rifleman Lizard
20th October 2007, 22:14
3 2+ Inv. :eek:
Come on, Maureth! Destroy her puny mon-keigh mind. Two plus saves won't help her when her brain is fried to a husk.

Imperial Dragon
20th October 2007, 22:18
Round two results have been submitted, writeups are starting.

Ron
20th October 2007, 22:23
Dang it, I wish GoC would work for once.

Drazhar2
20th October 2007, 22:26
Lol, im sorry about that. It made me laugh quite hard. :P

Cordova
20th October 2007, 22:43
So then heres Doohicky vs p3

Quite an interesting set of rolls...

The Hive Tyrant threw himself at the high walls, desperately scrabbling for purchase, desperate to kill those it could smell before it.
“Behind you beasty…” A voice snarled.
Registering the threat, the beast spun, its massive talons grooving the sandy floor in its haste. Before it towered a humanoid figure, wreathed in purple fire, casually striding towards it. Deep within, an unknown emotion triggered, causing the Tyrant to slow. The apparition before it used this hesitation, throwing up its arms and hurling fire towards him. Roaring in pain as the fire struck its face, the Hive Tyrant reared up onto its legs, its eyes burning with the aftereffects of the light.

Reverting to pure, furious instinct, the Tyrant leapt forward with speed belying its great size, crashing into the monstrous apparition before it. Bearing it down , the Tyrant spat globules of acidic saliva onto the black armour of its foe, thrusting its maw forwards where the figures flesh became exposed. Tearing its head back, the Tyrant swallowed greedily as it hungrily devoured its foes flesh.

Its triumph was short lived however, as the figure heaved itself from beneath the Tyranids bulk. Wreathed in the terrible balefire, it moved quicker than the Tyrant could register, sparks of pain igniting within its mind. Trying to stand, it stumbled, its knees having been torn away. Spitting fury at its assailant, the Tyrant could only flail around as the apparitions great gauntlet came smashing down.

Summary:

Doohicky vs p3

1)
Doohicky passes Warptime

Shooting:
Doombolt 3 hits 2 wounds 1 failed save
P3 on 3W

CC:
P3 4 hits (0 wounds!!!) 3 wounds with Acid Maw, 2 saves made 2 wounds suffered (Implant)
Doohicky: 4 hits (with rerolls) (1 wound) 3 wounds with rerolls – no saves allowed

Doohicky wins!!