PDA

View Full Version : Eldar, 1500, Both

Novasry
19th August 2008, 16:42
so i got some warp spiders the other day and want to use them in a list, so heres a new one for you lot

HQ

Autarch w/ Warp jump generator, Fusion gun, Scorpian chainsword, mandiblasters = 120 he goes with the warp spiders

Elites

Howling banshees x 5 + exarch w/ mirror swords and warshout = 123 taken if enemy is maily MEQ, they go in falcon and decimate the infantry

OR

Striking scorpians x 5 + exarch w/ scorpians claw = 123 taken if enemy is maily horde, again they go in falcon and decimate infantry

Troops

Storm guardians x 15 w/ 2x flamers + warlock w/ enhance = 172

Storm guardians x 15 w/ fusion gun + warlock w/ enhance = 166

Pathfinders x 5 = 120

Guardian jetbikes x 3 w/ shruiken catapult = 76

Fast attack

Warp Spiders x4 + exarch w/ dual death spinners, power blades, withdraw = 152

Vyper w/ Eldar missile launcher, spirit stones = 75

Heavy support

Falcon w/ Holo fields, scatter laser, spirit stones = 175

Fire prism w/ holo fields, spirit stones = 160

total = 1499

Dietzen
19th August 2008, 22:03
so i got some warp spiders the other day and want to use them in a list, so heres a new one for you lot

HQ

Autarch w/ Warp jump generator, Fusion gun, Scorpian chainsword, mandiblasters = 120 he goes with the warp spiders

Elites

Howling banshees x 5 + exarch w/ mirror swords and warshout = 123 taken if enemy is maily MEQ, they go in falcon and decimate the infantry

OR

Striking scorpians x 5 + exarch w/ scorpians claw = 123 taken if enemy is maily horde, again they go in falcon and decimate infantry

Troops

Storm guardians x 15 w/ 2x flamers + warlock w/ enhance = 172

Storm guardians x 15 w/ fusion gun + warlock w/ enhance = 166

Pathfinders x 5 = 120

Guardian jetbikes x 3 w/ shruiken catapult = 76

Fast attack

Warp Spiders x4 + exarch w/ dual death spinners, power blades, withdraw = 152

Vyper w/ Eldar missile launcher, spirit stones = 75

Heavy support

Falcon w/ Holo fields, scatter laser, spirit stones = 175

total = 1499

I always like having at least 7 in my Warp Spider Group, but that's a matter of opinion... just like I think it's a waste of points spending 75 on a very very fragile Vyper with a BS of only 3.

Btw it's Scorpion, not scorpian.

Phail
20th August 2008, 08:23
The autarch needs a power weapon

I don't like how you intend to change your list depending on your foe, and if the enemy is mainly horde you don't want a scorpions claw, you want chainsabres. Also if the enemy is mainly meq you want an executioner rather than mirrorswords

Your troop selection is far too fragile. You either need to give the warlcoks conceal so you actually stand a chance of getting to the enemy/objective, or replace one or both of the squads with a dire avenger unit with bladestorm

You can have one shuriken cannon in that bike squad, and i would also like to see a larger unit of the bikes - possibly 2 3-man units sitting back to swoop in on the objective

I agree that you should use more warp spiders, and to get the points for more drop the vyper - the vyper will serve you no favours, especially not when it has a missile launcher

Your heavy support is rock solid, congrats on that bit :)

Novasry
20th August 2008, 09:14
conclusions after a battle last night, its a bad idea to deepstrike warp spiders next to 2 predators, storm guardians suck ass, vyper was just a point filler but did take out a rhino and 10 chaos marines with the first shot, but all in al it worked out, will be swapping the storm uardians out for my usual guardians squads and maybe dropping the falcon for a squad of shining spears