PDA

View Full Version : 1000 point chaos militia (first outing, fun)

Pox
22nd August 2008, 09:12
ok got a 2 vs 2 battle coming up next tuesday, and just cobbled together a list out of what i have, to help out the wifes nids against the most dreaded (and flame heavy) salamanders and sisters. Unfortuanatly due to lack of troops, not got as many guys as i would have liked, and have had to boost the points up with heavy weapon options - can't wait to pull out the apocalypse template though for the bombard barrage (7" blast :twisted: )

tactic - plenty of flank marching stealers/nids hopefully herding them into the middle of the board where they get hit by pie plates.

HQ:

Company Command Platoon: Exalted champion, plasma pistol,power weapon retinue, 1 plasma, chaos banner vet, vox. 106
Rogue Psyker (baragash) 15
Enforcer (kaede) with power weapon and bolter 46

TR1 - 10 armoured fist guardsmen +melta+ veteran with demo charge 86
Chimera +multilaser+Heavy flamer+smoke launchers 88

TR2-
Command platoon - champ+sniper rifle, heavy bolter and flamer 71
platoon 1 - 10 guardsmen + autocannon, + plasma+ vox 90
platoon 2 - 10 guardsmen + autocannon, + plasma+ vox 90

FA1 - Sentinal with Multilaser 45

HS1 - Basilisk 100
HS2- Leman Russ + lascannon + heavy bolters 165
HS3 - Bombard Strike 100

Total = 1002

Baragash
22nd August 2008, 17:05
I'd have thought with the option to Outflank, giving the Armoured Fist a Vox would be a must as they will have a unique view point for potentially targetting the Bombard Strike if they are available when it hits.

Was it an active choice not to take Indirect Fire for the Basilisk?

dal9ll
22nd August 2008, 17:48
This looks like an Imperial Guard army to me. Or is it just painted like Chaos? Chaos Imperial Guard seem cool.

I do like some of your tactical ideas though. Also, I dont know if it would be allowed in this match, but some Chaos Cultists/mutants would play into your strategy well, being they all Infiltrate and have access to Flamers, Marks of Chaos.

Baragash
22nd August 2008, 17:58
This looks like an Imperial Guard army to me. Or is it just painted like Chaos? Chaos Imperial Guard seem cool.

Militia list is in IA5: The Siege of Vraks Part I

It's basically an IG list with 4 IG doctrines and one unique doctrine.

It's designed so you can pick a dug in list (the Militia are defending a fortress and trench line in the book) or a list for sallying out, although you can obviously do a mixed list.

I believe Pox has some cultists (Workers Rabble) planned for the future (which I look forward to from his outline), but not made yet.

Pox
22nd August 2008, 21:08
I'd have thought with the option to Outflank, giving the Armoured Fist a Vox would be a must as they will have a unique view point for potentially targetting the Bombard Strike if they are available when it hits.

Was it an active choice not to take Indirect Fire for the Basilisk?

you see that would be amazing - but it dawned on me that armoured fists can't outflank - as they can't infiltrate and are not scouts (outflanking sentinals though :smt007 ) they must merely stay in reserve.

as for non-indirect on the basilisk - yup was an active choice - i know the enemy doesn't have that much anti-tank especially at range, and since it's minimun range is 36" indirect, it was only ever going to get 1 or 2 rounds off like that before needing to move out of cover anyways.

if the chimera could outflank then hell yeah it would have a vox.

Baragash
22nd August 2008, 21:15
you see that would be amazing - but it dawned on me that armoured fists can't outflank - as they can't infiltrate and are not scouts (outflanking sentinals though :smt007 ) they must merely stay in reserve.

if the chimera could outflank then hell yeah it would have a vox.

My bad, it's the Disciples that can outflank (damn you FW, give me some Disciple models).

jedihobbit
22nd August 2008, 21:21
Looks fun, i just want to know if i melt.

Pox
22nd August 2008, 21:22
yup half tempted to turn my enforcers into disciples of xaphan = or i might just have fun doing some serious converting.....hmmm.

also wondering who to use as arkos the unfaithfull (re-roll for first turn - thank you.)

Baragash
22nd August 2008, 21:57
yup half tempted to turn my enforcers into disciples of xaphan = or i might just have fun doing some serious converting.....hmmm.

also wondering who to use as arkos the unfaithfull (re-roll for first turn - thank you.)

I'm at a loss on Disciples for now, other than the 3x Special Weapons will make them stand out a bit.

For Arkos I haven't got any suggestions other than a kit bash from the CSM Champion bits (which I've done for an EC Chaos Lord, so it works fine).

6^
23rd August 2008, 23:56
Hey Pox think you could record which troopers get killed in graphic fashion and which ones aspire to glory?

Coldfire
24th August 2008, 00:20
*searches list*

No snipers? Noooooo!

Anywho, best of luck. Have fun working with nids against salamanders and sister....