PDA

View Full Version : 2000 points CSM EMporer's Children Friendly and Competitive

just2fierce
24th August 2008, 07:32
I did have some points left but I've ordered some other stuff and now it will look something like this......

HQ- Lucius the Eternal

HQ- Daemon Prince with MOS/Wings/Lash
315 points

Elites- 8 Possessed and Aspiring Champion with MOS
264 points

Troops- 7 Noise Marines and Aspiring Champion
7 Sonic Blasters/Doom Siren/Power Weapon
Rhino Transport
Troops- 7 Noise Marines and Aspiring Champion
7 Sonic Blasters/Doom Siren/Power Weapon
Rhino Transport
Troops- 9 CSM and Aspiring Champion
Heavy Bolter/Icon of Slaanesh/Flamer/Power Weapon
775points

Fast Attack- 9 Raptors and Aspiring Champion
2x Meltagun/ Icon of Slaanesh/Power Weapon
270 points

Heavy Support- Chaos Defiler Extra CC Weapon
Heavy Support- Possessed Chaos Land Raider(Lucius and Possessed Marines)
290 points

That's 1913 total...I notice I have again managed to protect from horde style armies very well but I'm kinda lacking on anti-tank. 87 points that's alot of room really....I could possibly drop the Daemonic Possession from the Land Raider and get an obliterator and like 2 personal icons for the noise marine squads or a predator with Autocannon/Heavy Bolters.....Looking at everything open I think Mechanized heavily armoured forces and lots of termies to be the only real problem....considering EVERY army....any ideas other than drop the possessed...I am gonna get some termies with Lightning claws and a sorcerer in termie armour soon and a Lord on a bike to run with 4xbikes and AC with pfist and 2x meltaguns.......but for now it's the possessed to run with Lucius as I have already ordered them!

Anyway how should I finish it out to 2000....?

Thanks,

Phillip

Baragash
24th August 2008, 08:11
Just take an Obliterator, which makes it 1988 anyway.

Other things:

Upgrade the Raptor Power Weapon to a pair of Lightning Claws (which would make 1998)

The normal CSM have a Flamer and a Heavy Bolter, which don't complement each other. Assuming they're a stand and shoot unit, change the Flamer to a Plasma Gun, and possibly drop the Power Weapon.

BTW: you should put "friendly", "competitive" or "both" in the title.

just2fierce
24th August 2008, 19:07
Like the idea about changing to LC on Raptor AC but......where can I find LC bitz at? I searched ebay and lke 3 other websites but all I can come up with is Space Marines Termie LC and the Chaos Termie Lord LC bitz....

Baragash
24th August 2008, 22:38
The standard Raptor Champion has twin lightning claws.

If you're not using the current Raptor models, then you need the Raptor Champion to hacksaw his arms off (they're conveniently positioned for this as I've done it twice).

just2fierce
25th August 2008, 00:54
I have the OOP old style Raptors with actual wings........like the detail work on them much better than the new ones...they're kinda lacking...in comparison! Thanks for the tip on the LCs Looks like I need to buy a saw! lol!

Phillip

Dietzen
25th August 2008, 01:26
Daemon Prince with MoS, wings and lash doesn't cost 300 some points... it should be 155 pts, unless there's been something I don't know about.

Werty
25th August 2008, 02:16
Daemon Prince with MoS, wings and lash doesn't cost 300 some points... it should be 155 pts, unless there's been something I don't know about.

That is the points for both HQs.

dal9ll
25th August 2008, 17:47
First thing I noticed was that your Chosen do not have a special weapon upgrades. I would give them wither 5 Meltaguns or 5 Flamers, depending on what role you want them to play. Chosen w/ 5 special weapons are all the more deadly with the new Outlfank rule.

Also, I agree about the weapon upgrades on the CSM squad. If you plan on moving them, lose the heavy weapon. If you plan to stand and shoot, use a Plasmagun.

Adding an Obliterator is also a fine, fine idea. You should Deep Strike it behind enemy lines and use personal icons in the units in transports.

Other than that, Im really liking it!

just2fierce
25th August 2008, 18:12
I changed the CSM squad to have heavy bolter/icon/plasmagun/AC......They're not chosen they are possessed that's why no upgrades....other than Icon for the Iniative bonus.....

Thanks,
Phillip