PDA

View Full Version : [Ork][500pts][Friendly][HELP]

Dacanadian93
27th August 2008, 01:32
Need some help looking to start an ork army NO clue on how to do so wondering if this army is a basic core army from which i can expand to 1000pts and beyond:

HQ
Warboss- Eavy Armour, Power Klaw, Ammo Runt-93pts

Elite
5 Burna Boyz-75pts

Troops
10 boyz-Nob, Big shoota, Trukk- 110pts
20 boyz-2x Big shoota, Nob, Big choppa-145pts

Fast
3 ork bikers-75pts
Total: 498pts
Thanks again.

dal9ll
27th August 2008, 18:34
If I were making a 500 point Ork army it would proably just be a Warboss and then as many Boyz as I could fit in. Have you had a chance to test out this little army yet?

Dacanadian93
27th August 2008, 18:52
No literally have nothing, but this weekend i was going to proxy this army if possible, but before then i was looking for some feed back.

Ron
27th August 2008, 19:01
I don't have a codex so I don't know the point costs, but I can give u my experience from playing Pappasmury's orks.

Need some help looking to start an ork army NO clue on how to do so wondering if this army is a basic core army from which i can expand to 1000pts and beyond:

HQ
Warboss- Eavy Armour, Power Klaw, Ammo Runt-93pts

Doesn't an ammorunt on give a re-roll to hit in shooting? If so, points might be spent better elsewhere.

Elite
5 Burna Boyz-75pts

IMO mounted burnas are simply brutal. I would recommend getting another trukk to mount them. The warboss could ride with them too if not with the boyz. :wink:

Troops
10 boyz-Nob, Big shoota, Trukk- 110pts
20 boyz-2x Big shoota, Nob, Big choppa-145pts

What kind of boyz are these? I find shootaboys better then slugga. 1 less attack in CC, yes, but their shooting power makes up for it.

Fast
3 ork bikers-75pts

I would remove these for a Burnaboy trukk and something cheap to handle vehicles. Like a warbuggy w/TL rokkits. Again I don't know points cost.
Total: 498pts
Thanks again.

dal9ll
27th August 2008, 19:53
I completely agree regarding Ron's Burna Boyz suggestion. Mounted Burna Boyz TAKE FREAKIN' NAMES. However, Burna Boyz cannot ride in a regular Trukk. You can however, put them in a Looted Wagon or Battlewagon.

And Ammo Runts are worth it if you have a combi weapon. Hell, theyre only 3 points!

Ron
27th August 2008, 20:03
Do squads of boyz have to 10 or less models to take a trukk? Because if a squad size is not specified, then they can take a trukk(regardless if they all fit in it or not) and then use the trukk for the Burnas.

Dacanadian93
27th August 2008, 20:11
I think i am going to remove the bikes for more troops and trukks and looted vehicles. Absolutely no knowledge on orks, don't even have codex. But as mentioned earlier going to go to LGS and pick up codex and create a better list. this list was just really to get some input on best 500pts list.

Gnomesbane
30th August 2008, 07:11
I couldn't agree with what Ron said more. I play Orks and have been using "Da Firetrukk" method since the rewrite. Bikers are cool, but as many burnas as you can afford in some vehicle is even better. Best part is most people I go against horribly underestimate it, and ignore the little trukk as it cruises up the table. Then when it reaches their unit taking cover somehwere and 13 flame templates hit them they suddenly think twice. Plus power weapons if the trukk gets shot down.

With the ammo runt, I wouldn't worry about it. Ork shooting is different from normal shooting. The Ork accuracy comes from filling the air literally with bullets. When you fire 60 shots at something, you WILL hit. Re-rolling a failed miss from the warbosses slugga isn't all that worth it.