PDA

View Full Version : [T'au Combat Patrol] [2000 pts] [Both]

Shadow Hunter
30th August 2008, 20:44
This is my attempt on a high mobile T'au force.
My army list should be good against TEQ's, MEQ's, GEQ's, REQ's (rhinos) and LEQ's (lemans)

HQ
Shas'el Crisis - Plasma Rifle, Fusion Blaster, Drone Controller, HW-Multi Tracker, Shield Drone - 102

Elites
2x Shas'ui Crisis - Missile Pod, Burst Cannon, Multi Tracker - 100
Shas'ui Crisis - Plasma Rifle, Fusion Blaster, Multi Tracker, Team Leader, HW-Drone Controller, Shield Drone - 82
Shas'ui Crisis - TL-Fusion Blaster, Drone Controller, Shield Drone - 58

Troops
12x Shas'la Fire, Devilfish - Disruption Pod - 205
12x Shas'la Fire - 120
12x Shas'la Fire - 120
20x Kroot - 140
20x Kroot - 140

Fast Attack
5x Shas'la Path, Devilfish - Disruption Pod - 145

Heavy Support
Hammerhead - Ion Cannon, Disruption Pod, Burst Cannon - 120
Hammerhead - Rail Gun, Disruption Pod, Burst Cannon - 155

The tactics with this army list will follow soon

Edit at: Sun 31 Aug

My tactics with the HQ is to go fore the G/T/MEQ's so it can go fore multiple jobs
With the Shas'ui MP/BC I will go fore the G/REQ's
The Shas'ui TL-FB will go deepstrike ad L/REQ's hunting
My other Shas'ui that is pretty similair to my HQ will go deep strike and kill any plasma guns etc
My firewarriors will fish of fury jay ^^ and my other firewarriors will get the devilfish of the scouts or if it are objectives the sit near mine objectives
The kroot will outflank to capture objectives or to elimante any threat fore the firewarriors (heavy bolters)
The Pathfinders will sit down somwhere where they can see the most of the battlefield and then use their markerlights to up the FW's
Ionhead will go M/REQ's Hunting
Railheads will go R/L/GEQ's hunting

I was thinking about dropping 1 kroot squad to up the mobility of my FW but that will drop my static fire power which I need to sit on objectives.
I also am thinking to give the Shas'uis indeed a TL-MP because I allready got enough anti GEQ weapons
This one got me really brainstorming but I decided to just let them be the same because I want them to support others while they can work independently also

Extra edit at 7:31 pm:
I changed the Plasma/Burst battlesuits to Plasma/Fusion battlesuit to give them a little more anti TEQ weapons

Phail
30th August 2008, 20:50
wait, what? 2000pts combat patrol?!?!?!?!

list is good, very competitive

Cap Was Right
31st August 2008, 03:45
wait, what? 2000pts combat patrol?!?!?!?!

This caused a very small short circuit in my brain as well.

This list looks absolutely disgusting, I would really hate to play against you!

The answer with Tau is almost always more Hammerheads, but since that's impossible, you're in good shape. The only thing I'd change is drop the Kroot, and I love Kroot. I don't think they do much good in a list like this though since their points could be spent on buying two more Devilfish for those last two squads of Fire Warriors. You have the potential to push this list completely over the top and field nine vehicles, most lists would be hard pressed to handle that and you could get a huge psychological advantage when you put all those skimmers out on the field.

That in mind, I think this list would do well in almost any scenario with no changes whatsoever, nicely done.

obliter8or
31st August 2008, 08:27
I don't think they do much good in a list like this though since their points could be spent on buying two more Devilfish for those last two squads of Fire Warriors. .

he's usingthe pathfinder fishes for his other fire warriors.

and I would drop the burst cannon on the commander, as it tends to be quite bad. I would give him a missile pod or cyclic ion blaster.

on your second squad I would TL your missile pods and drop the burst cannon. (now you free up points with dropping the burst cannons and multi trackers) now that the only thing you have on your suits are TL misssile pods, you can buy some support systems.

Oh, and as last thing you need shas'uis in your fire warriors.

Shadow Hunter
31st August 2008, 10:23
Thank you all very mutch. Is this really such a worse army list to field?

Deadric Spartan
31st August 2008, 10:24
This is my attempt on a high mobile T'au force.
My army list should be good against TEQ's, MEQ's, GEQ's, REQ's (rhinos) and LEQ's (lemans)

HQ
Shas'el Crisis - Plasma Rifle, Burst Cannon, Drone Controller, HW-Multi Tracker, 2x Shield Drones - 113

If this combination works for you go for it. I suggest bonding it though. As once the drones are gone you really don't want the Commander legging it

Elites
2x Shas'ui Crisis - Missile Pod, Burst Cannon, Multi Tracker, 1x Team Leader, 1x HW-Drone Controller, 1x Shield Drone - 120
I would drop the drone and add another suit with the same weapon systems. With 15 shots between them that would annihalate horde armies. I'd also drop the team leader to a standard suit for points.

Shas'ui Crisis - TL-Fusion Blaster, Drone Controller, Shield Drone - 58
I assume this is deepstriking? If so, it's good.

Shas'ui Crisis - Plasma Rifle, Burst Cannon, Multi Tracker - 58
Odd weapon load out I feel. I might drop it for the points to make the above suggestions. But if it works, go for it.

Troops
12x Shas'la Fire - 120
12x Shas'la Fire - 120
20x Kroot - 140
20x Kroot - 140
Very nice troop choices. Can't really have too many firewarriors and the kroot are useful for holding objectives in terrain.

Fast Attack
Good

Heavy Support
Hammerhead - Ion Cannon, Disruption Pod, Burst Cannon - 120
Very good.

The tactics with this army list will follow soon