PDA

View Full Version : 1500 ork warbiker

PUFNSTUF
12th September 2008, 15:00
Warboss – bike, PK, attack squig, cybork body, bosspole = 155
Wazdakka gutsmek = 180

15 Lootas = 225
10 Kommandos – 2 burna’s, boss sknikrot = 215

5 Nobs – bikers, cybork bodies, painboy, 2 big choppa’s, 2 PK’s, 1 grot, stikkbombs = 350
6 Warbikers – Nob, PK, Bosspole = 190
6 Warbikers – Nob, PK = 185

Total = 1500

won two games so far with it. last biker squad does not have a bosspole since that is the one Waz joins, and he has one anyways. So far I haven't used the Kommandos for what I planned for them (come in back lines, charge with 2 PW's) One game I just had them come on my corner table edge and sit there all game (KP denial, sure it was cheap, but hey, why throw away a KP) and the other game I infiltrated them on an objective so that they would contest it.

The Kommando's added flexability is nice, but not sure if I should drop them for another biker squad. Lootas have done amazing, I will have them in any list. Maybe drop the Kommandos for another loota squad? muhahaha

Mephaine
12th September 2008, 15:37
I cant say anything about the list but one thing. Where are all Da Boyz? SO use to seeing 60 plus model ork armies this would feck folk over. Anyway thos Warbike squads are scaring me senseless and I am a Nurgle player. Seems very sound and I pray it kills many oomies.

Freebo
12th September 2008, 15:38
Hmm if there's one thing I know about Ork's is the bikers seem to get slaughterd.. well mine have consecutively.

PUFNSTUF
12th September 2008, 16:27
Hmm if there's one thing I know about Ork's is the bikers seem to get slaughterd.. well mine have consecutively.

weird, first game only lost one warbike squad, last game lost a single nob biker, then 4 bikers from each other squad but both stayed alive to claim objectives, and wiped out the enemy by turn 4

dal9ll
12th September 2008, 17:21
If you insist on playing an Ork army with so few models, BEWARE OF PIE PLATES!! Orks arent that tough and an army with heavy firepower seem like it would spank you. You dont really have a way to deal with heavy armour/weapons other than Power Klaws, which you need to be up close to use. What armies have you played so far?

jedihobbit
12th September 2008, 17:24
If you insist on playing an Ork army with so few models, BEWARE OF PIE PLATES!! Orks arent that tough and an army with heavy firepower seem like it would spank you. You dont really have a way to deal with heavy armour/weapons other than Power Klaws, which you need to be up close to use. What armies have you played so far?

Models on Warbikes get a 4+ coversave, with some special rule.

EDIT: Or is that rule for actual Warbikers only?

dal9ll
12th September 2008, 17:31
My point is, if youre going to play Orks, why play an army with only 44 models instead of the friggin' horde you could have for that points limit? Yeah they have 4+ Cover Saves but when you have so few models you have to realize that you are going to be taking more firepower per model, and this will offset your Cover Save. The army looks like it might be fun to play, but just in no way optimal.

LanceWarrior
12th September 2008, 19:01
It's a nice army list, but if you think that the Kommando's aren't doing anything then i'd replace them with some more bikers. They're another troops choice, and you'd have 4 troops choices that can take objectives.

Wondering how you're dealing with tank killing, you played against any AV14's?

PUFNSTUF
12th September 2008, 21:13
My point is, if youre going to play Orks, why play an army with only 44 models instead of the friggin' horde you could have for that points limit?

perhaps it is exactly for the reason of your thinking. Prity much everyone else does teh horde, why should I? I'd rather use a different, much more challenging army than a horde. If i want ease, I'll use sm, or necs. I'm used to playing with a 20 model army, 44 is a huge jump for me lol.

So far played against 2 CSM players. No av14 as of yet, but only thing that would be that would be a LR or mono, in which case I ignore the mono, and an LR, turbo boost the warboss squad. 6 s10 attack should crack it.

Keep in mind first turn I basically turbo boost all the squads for a 3+ inv save. Really, any av13 or less gets slaughtered by the lootas. So its not like I need alot of AT in the biker squads, and there is a fist in each at the minimum. total of 6 fists total actually

Magnus777z
13th September 2008, 01:41
Not one of your better offerings Pufn, if you are winning with this list your getting wins vs players that are not very good. The list lacks dimensions and the ability to cope with some hefty threats.

The kommando's should go, they don't work cohesively with the rest of the list.
The lootas....Why all that stationary str 7 when you could have mobile str 5 with gaurenteed 3 shots? Replace them with something more mobile Light antitank.

PUFNSTUF
13th September 2008, 04:47
stationary is good since they are too busy shooting the charging bikes. There isnt much for reliable ranged mobile ork weaponry. Wartracks with missles are too hit or miss. Might drop kommandos for some zapp guns for kicks. And keep in mind mag this is for fun. I got bored of doing my typic necron rape all list, or cheap SM infiltrating list. My game winning ones will continue to be My deathwing and probably the new sm.

I'm just wanting a new army for fun, and I'm considering orks.
are you saying I should drop the lootas, kommandos, and go pure bike?

yWizePapaSmurfy
13th September 2008, 05:10
Small bike units, getting lucky?

Snikrot & Lootas don't fit the theme, why not Zagstruk?

For "reliable" mobile shooting, Warbuggies or Killa Kans are good, maybe some Deffkoptas?

PUFNSTUF
13th September 2008, 05:12
hows this

Wazdakka gutsmek = 180
4 Nobs – bikers, cybork bodies, painboy, 1 big choppa’s, 1 kombi-skorcha, 2 PK’s, 1 grot, stikkbombs = 299
4 Nobs – bikers, cybork bodies, painboy, 1 big choppa’s, 1 kombi-skorcha, 2 PK’s, 1 grot, stikkbombs = 299

Total = 1498

or could make the nob squad 6 strong and add some warbuggies if I needed.

LanceWarrior
13th September 2008, 07:09
hows this

Wazdakka gutsmek = 180

Total = 1498

Yeah this list looks pretty awesome, but why have you disbanded the Lootas if they were doing that good? I would say that the list is quite nice, but with the Orks Leadership wouldn't it be better to have the Nobz in a 1 squad of 8?
or could make the nob squad 6 strong and add some warbuggies if I needed.

meatbyproducts
13th September 2008, 07:25
I have seen similar armies out my way and I like them. I think a deffcoppta or 12 would fit the theme of the army also.

PUFNSTUF
13th September 2008, 16:51
@ lance

2 squads of nobs so that I have another unit to charge at tanks. want more targets and more options on the board. might see if I can throw a bosspole in there then.

@ meaty - might consider some koptas, with TL rockit launchas. 10 points more than a buggy. either that or give them a saw and charge a tank and hit rear armor in CC. ill drop up a list with them in it after my breakfast :P

LanceWarrior
13th September 2008, 16:54
@ lance

2 squads of nobs so that I have another unit to charge at tanks. want more targets and more options on the board. might see if I can throw a bosspole in there then.

@ meaty - might consider some koptas, with TL rockit launchas. 10 points more than a buggy. either that or give them a saw and charge a tank and hit rear armor in CC. ill drop up a list with them in it after my breakfast :P

Breakfast what country you live in?

PUFNSTUF
13th September 2008, 17:05
@ lance

Breakfast what country you live in?

Canada, and yes, I'm aware its noon here, but hey, I just got up, so its breakfast to me

PUFNSTUF
13th September 2008, 20:50
heres one with loptas

Wazdakka gutsmek = 180
6 Nobs – bikers, cybork bodies, painboy, 2 big choppa’s, 2 kombi-skorcha, 3 PK’s, 1 grot, stikkbombs = 436
7 Warbikers – Nob, PK = 210

Deffkopta – TL Rokkit Launcha = 45

Total = 1496