PDA

View Full Version : Space Marines [2000 points]

ForlornAmour
15th September 2008, 19:10
I just reorganized my small space marine force and decided to snag a few more models and play a few games with the new dex to have some fun and give me an excuse to paint and use my assault marines.

HQ
Tigurius = 230
Cassius = 125

Elite
10x Sternguard Veterans = 250
Drop Pod w/ Locator Beacon = 45

Troop
10x Scouts with rifles and Hellfire H.Bolter = 150
10x Scouts with rifles = 140
10x Scouts with rifles = 140

Fast Attack
10 Vanguard Veterans = 225
Drop Pod with Locator Beacon = 45
10 Vanguard Veterans with Jump Packs = 325
10 Vanguard Veterans with Jump Packs = 325

Total Points: 2000
Total Model Count: 71

First turn scouts split into combat squads and take up positions on objectives and hunker in for the long run. Tigurius joins the Sternguard Vets in their drop pod and smacks into enemy lines first turn. Second turn I get a chance to get my other squads in (with rerolls from Tigurius!) and hopefully I'll get to heroic intervention some combat squads of Vanguard Veterans. Cassius lands in the drop pod with the big squad of Vanguard and runs amok. The whole army is playing distraction for the scouts in objective based games or is trying to wipe as many squads as possible for killpoints.

Does this sound viable? And a small wonder since no one at the LGS seems to be sure: can you Gate of Infinity the turn you arrive from a deepstrike? I doubt it, but someone suggested it when I was cackling about Tigurius.

And yes, I know there is almost ZERO anti-tank. I haven't found something that fits the personality of the force beyond chucking a missile launcher in each scout squad or something similiar...

Playtest coming soon!

LordProitzen
15th September 2008, 20:16
This sounds like an awesome army. :) Are there pics of these guys on here? If not you should upload some. :)

ForlornAmour
17th September 2008, 04:35
This sounds like an awesome army. :) Are there pics of these guys on here? If not you should upload some. :)
Psh. I'm too nervous about how my painting measures up. It's only tapletop quality and I've got nothing to show off really.

Anyone got more comments/thoughts/criticisms? I'd like a few thoughts before I try this out on Saturday.