PDA

View Full Version : [Chaos][1000][friendly]

Warmaster Lucos
16th September 2008, 17:07
Ok, i'd like to ask you kind people on here to point out any obvious flaws i have in my army list, as this is going to be taken to a grudge match between me and my useual gaming buddy.

He plays space marines (as seemingly does every person i play :/ ) and he likes to use a fair ammount of terminators, backed up with some heavy hitting tanks, now in a 1000pts game i'm guessing he won't use as much of his uber death units as normal, and the land raider may not be a problem ether (hurray!)

Heres my list:

Sorcerer 125pts - Terminator armour, Doom Bolt

5 Terminators 230pts - Chain fist, Reaper autocannon, combi-melta, combi- flamer, power fist, 2 champions.

10 CSM 265pts - Asp champ w/plasma pistol + power weapon, Heavy bolter, Meltagun, Mark of Nurgle

10 CSM 215pts - Asp champw/Powerfist, Plasma gun, Missile launcher

Preadator 165pts - Lascannons all round

I figure my tactics would be to have the preadator and the missile launcher armed CSM squead shoot the hell out of his tanks/heavy infantry, while my sorcerer and nurgle squad move in to capture objectives/kill stuff, then when the dust has cleard send in my 2nd CSM squad to finish off the survivors.

Any thoughts?

Ron
16th September 2008, 17:13
Ok, i'd like to ask you kind people on here to point out any obvious flaws i have in my army list, as this is going to be taken to a grudge match between me and my useual gaming buddy.

He plays space marines (as seemingly does every person i play :/ ) and he likes to use a fair ammount of terminators, backed up with some heavy hitting tanks, now in a 1000pts game i'm guessing he won't use as much of his uber death units as normal, and the land raider may not be a problem ether (hurray!)

Heres my list:

Termie Chaos lord with a Daemon weapon costs the same and is a much better choice.

5 Terminators 230pts - Chain fist, Reaper autocannon, combi-melta, combi- flamer, power fist, 2 champions.

The RAC is far too expensive, H.flamer is a much better choice. The champion upgrades are too expensive too.

10 CSM 265pts - Asp champ w/plasma pistol + power weapon, Heavy bolter, Meltagun, Mark of Nurgle

Plague marines are better than IoN. The champ needs a powerfist and not a plasma pistol

Needs IoCG

Obliterators are much better

The_Peacemaker
16th September 2008, 22:29

Heres my list:

Termie Chaos lord with a Daemon weapon costs the same and is a much better choice.

The RAC is far too expensive, H.flamer is a much better choice. The champion upgrades are too expensive too.

Plague marines are better than IoN. The champ needs a powerfist and not a plasma pistol

Needs IoCG

Obliterators are much better

what he said.

Also: if your gonna take champions in the terminator squad then look into giving them mark of khorne. Your taking 5terminators so its well worth it.

And the plasma pistols are not worth it. GW really missed the boat on this one. 1 shot, range 12, overheats.... plasmaguns are pretty balanced at 15pts but not the pistols.
Drop the pistols and add a powerfist OR just throw in another Marine. Drop the Icon of Nurgle.

Warmaster Lucos
16th September 2008, 22:42
Ok, thank you for your replys and advice!

I don't own any obliterators, but i understand there usefulness and will take this comment onboard.

The CSM with the mark of nurgle have done quite well in the games they have been used in, i have painted them in the deathguard colour scheme (as in my army background they are a nugle warband joined to the forces of my socerer) so would it be permissable to use them as plauge marines? (as they are CSM models with a few minor coversons to look more diseased/nurgle upgrades from sprue)

and yes, the plasma pistol sucks, i was thinking about binning that for the bog standard bolt pistol. He has a power weapon as against my useual foe (mentioned above) he has to contend with alot of teminators, and so striking before them means he's gotta make his 5+'s or there gonners!

Any advice for destroying termies thats relitivly cheep in points cost and effective?

Irakax
17th September 2008, 03:28
I was too going to say replace IoN marines with Plague Marines, and it's fine to use normal CSM with some Nurgle conversions to be Plague Marines. To kill terminators? Demolisher cannon? Battlecannon? I'd say the demolisher is the best bet, Str 10 AP1, wounds on 2's and they get a 5+ invul save. So- short of replacing the predator with a vindicator (which I would actually recommend, I have never had good luck with Obliterators) possibly meltas? But that would really screw your list up. Also, I think your Terminators should be more specialized, they have weapons to take on anything. You know you're up against Space Marines, so why not give them combi-plasma and leave them with Power weapons. Or you could give them pairs of lightning claws like me, but they would be too points-heavy in just a 1000pt game.

SO, in short I would recommend replacing the predator/ obliterators with a Vindicator and specializing the terminators. All that rambling just to say that one sentence. My posts are too long.

Warmaster Lucos
17th September 2008, 11:09
ok, that makes sence, i'm going to have to go away and re-write this, the battle is on saturday so i have time :)

Stratilator
17th September 2008, 11:54
have to clarify:
termi sorcerer doombolt : 125
termi lord deamon weapon : 145

connor the cleaved
18th September 2008, 23:55
Give the sorceror a familiar and winds of chaos.

The_Peacemaker
19th September 2008, 00:07
ya, give the sorcerer something different. Doombolt is somthing you give if your going for fluff or if you have some extra points you don't know what to do with.

Warmaster Lucos
19th September 2008, 11:09
as its only 1000pts and i'm going to be playing against marines i don't see the usefulnes of it.
In bigger point games i take:

Sorcerer - term, M.o.S, Lash of submittion, Familliar, Wind of Chaos.

but the likelyhood of me being able to fry more than one of his units with wind of chaos is unlikly as the range you need to be to cover a squead means you etehr charge or get charged in the following turn, and doombolt is AP3, nice for burning up some tactical/veteran/anything in powerarmour :)

[EDIT] Added 1500pts list to here to not clog up anymore space.

this is what i will be using on saturday against my friends space marines

Lord 150pts - M.o.S, Term armour, Daemon weapon

Sorcerer 155pts - M.o.S, Termarmour, Lash of Submition, Familiar, Doombolt

5 Terminators 195pts - Heavy flamer, combi-flamer, combi-melta, 2 powerfists, champion

7 csm 180 - missile launcher, plasma gun, asp champw/powerfist

6 csm 165pts - autocannon, plasma gun, asp champw/power fist, icon of chaos glory

10 plauge marines 300pts - asp champw/power weapon + plasma pistol, melta gun, plasma gun

spawn 40pts

Defiler 150pts

Preadator 165pts - Lascannon all round

The changes have been made so that i can easilly face a space marine army with alot of terminators and heavy tanks.
The idea is that the terms with lord and sorcerer will go out with the plaugemarines and attempt to slaughter his tougher units, while the csm and defiler and preadator shoot the hell out of everything they can.
hopefully his vindicator will be out of the picture before it can murder my termies (happened too many times before) so this along with his land raider will be high priority for the lascannons/battlecannon
anythoughts?

Ron
19th September 2008, 13:21
have to clarify:
termi sorcerer doombolt : 125
termi lord deamon weapon : 145

Isn't a daemon weapon on a termie lord like 20 points? I know that it is not 40.

Warmaster Lucos
19th September 2008, 13:59
its 25, but term armour is 15pts more expencive for the lord than the sorcerer

[Edit] I will be playing the above list tonight against my friend, and see how it goes, was toying with the idea of some inflitrating chosen armed with meltaguns to kill off some tanks/fry some termies early on but i'll see how it goes...

Irakax
19th September 2008, 23:20
I use infiltarting chosen wiht meltas as well. They're definetly a one hit wonder. They kill a tank, then die. And if your opponent has brains most don't make it through to the tank-killing anyway. But last game I played against IG he didn't think those 5 guys were too menacing, but they took out his basilisk then a normal squad of Guardsmen. He should of shot them...

Warmaster Lucos
22nd September 2008, 00:43
I use infiltarting chosen wiht meltas as well. They're definetly a one hit wonder. They kill a tank, then die. And if your opponent has brains most don't make it through to the tank-killing anyway. But last game I played against IG he didn't think those 5 guys were too menacing, but they took out his basilisk then a normal squad of Guardsmen. He should of shot them...

yea dude, i took 10 chosen, M.O.T and melta bombs, they pwnd a dread and walked through some serious fire, then blew up a rhino with 10 marines in killing 3! stupidly expencive unit, but well worth the look on my opponents face when he realised the unit survived his dread assult...and blew the walking mummy up :) probs won't bother with M.O.T next time, but it was worth it!

[Edit] - crappy spelling

DURENDIN
22nd September 2008, 00:53
One thing worthy in the Chaos Codex are the Terminators. You can get a squad with five Combi-Meltas for what, 175 points? With that in mind I'd be tempted to take at least two squads of them and forsake the Predator.

connor the cleaved
16th October 2008, 00:51
In my opinion, Predators are overrated. Grab the termis or even a unit of Raptor or Bikers to add mobility.