PDA

View Full Version : *NEW* Ultramarines - 2000pts - Friendly

ManusMarines
17th September 2008, 05:56
Seems like everyone is getting sneak peaks of the new codex. :) Thought I'd throw together a list and test play it before the codex actually debuts.

Let me know what you think.

----------------------------
Ultramarine Strike Force

[HQ] Epistolary Librarian - 180
- Terminator Armor, Epistolary, Null Field, Gate of Infinity

[ELITES] Terminator Squad - 235
- Cyclone Missile Launcher, Chainfist

[ELITES] Dreadnought - 130
- DCCW w/ Storm Bolter, Multi-Melta
- Drop Pod

[ELITES] Dreadnought - 140
- DCCW w/ Heavy Flamer, Multi-Melta
- Drop Pod

[TROOPS] Tactical Squad Alpha (10) - 230
- Flamer, Heavy Bolter | Power Fist
- Rhino

[TROOPS] Tactical Squad Bravo (10) - 230
- Flamer, Heavy Bolter | Power Fist
- Rhino

[TROOPS] Tactical Squad Charlie - 240
- Flamer, LasCannon | Power Fist
- Rhino

[TROOPS] Scout Squad (5) - 85
- 4x Shotguns, 1x Heavy Bolter

[TROOPS] Scout Squad (5) - 90
- Sniper Rifles, Camo Cloaks

[HEAVY] Devastator Squad (10) - 270
- 2x Missile Launchers, 2x LasCannons

[HEAVY] Predator - 85
- Autocannon, Heavy Bolter Sponsors

[HEAVY] Predator - 85
- Autocannon, Heavy Bolter Sponsons

Models: 56
Vehicles: 7
Scoring Units: 5

Strategy:
- Librarian goes w/ Terminators and ports around the table, placing the Null Field bubble where needed.
- Dreadnoughts pod in and take out armored targets. If they survive, they fire/assault next turn.
- Tactical Squads split into combat squads: Flamer, Sarge, 3x Bolter in the rhino, other set up as a heavy fire team.
- Shotty Scouts outflank, Sniper scouts infiltrate into cover and take out whatever
- Devastators split into two squads: 2x Missile, 3x Bolter and 2x Las, 3x Bolter. Take out tanks/infantry/MC's as needed.
- Predators roam about/stay still and mow down troops.

I pretty much have all the models, except the two drop pods (obviously), one pred (can proxy a rhino), and the shotty scouts. All easily proxied in the mean time.

Questions? Comments? Suggestions?

NOTE: To switch this to a 1750 list I would most likely drop the Terminators and the Librarian, and replace him with either a Captain w/ Relic Blade and digital weapons, or a Chapter Master w/ Power Sword and Digital Weapons. He would then be attached to one of the Combat Squading Tactical Squads and ride in the rhino w/ the assault portion of the squad.

Wildonion
17th September 2008, 17:42
My understanding is that, unless the Shotguns are S4, you are better off with CCWs & Bolt Pistols; have you considered the Combat Blade option for your Shotty scouts? (Not sure if you plan to sit and shoot with them after they outflank or if you will charge.)

Also, what about dropping the P. Fists down to P. Weapons and using the points for a Meltagun or two in a few of your units?

Be careful with your Combat Squad tactics, it could prove to be our downfall in an Annihilation mission.

ManusMarines
17th September 2008, 20:42
My understanding is that, unless the Shotguns are S4, you are better off with CCWs & Bolt Pistols; have you considered the Combat Blade option for your Shotty scouts? (Not sure if you plan to sit and shoot with them after they outflank or if you will charge.)

- Shotguns are S4, Assault 2 in the new codex. Never used them before at their previous S3 cause...ew. Figure they flank in, contest an objective and generally tie up a unit/break a unit...hopefully.

Also, what about dropping the P. Fists down to P. Weapons and using the points for a Meltagun or two in a few of your units?

- Maybe with the new PF point cost I'll finally be broken, but I've tried on several occasions to just use Power Weapons in my squads and I just didn't like them at all. Yes, they've lost an attack, but I still enjoy the PF for its sheer versatility.

Be careful with your Combat Squad tactics, it could prove to be our downfall in an Annihilation mission.

- That's the good thing about knowing what mission it will be BEFORE you deploy. If it's annihilation, squads stay together. If not, then I've got 3 more scoring units :)

Thanks for the advice. Will consider and playtest the squads w/ just PW instead of fists.

Anything else?

Wildonion
17th September 2008, 22:40
Even if you do stay together you have mismatched weapons which forces you to choose what they are doing, could be tough for you sometimes. Oh and I agree, Power Fists are awesome--even with one less attack--they are just so damn costly!