PDA

View Full Version : Emperors Children 1100pts Friendly

Noise Champion
20th September 2008, 02:55
Hey everyone, ive recently gotten into Warhammer 40k and after ages of trying to decide ive chosen to go with the Emperors children of chaos. Anyway im not really sure on what i was doing so i was hoping i could get some adice on how i could improve my list . The only thing i want the keep is my army being purely Slaanesh, im also not a fan of daemons. Thanks in advance.

HQ:
Chaos Lord[155] MoS - Daemon Weapon - Wings

Elites:
5 Terminators[225] IoS - Terminator Champion - 2 Power fist's - 3 Pairs of lightning claws

Chaos Dreadnought[105] Plasma Cannon

Troops:
8 Noise Marines[305] 7 Sonic Blasters - Noise champion with Doom Siren and Power Fist - Chaos Rhino with Daemonic Possesion

8 Noise Marines[305] 7 Sonic Blasters - Noise champion with Doom Siren and Power Fist - Chaos Rhino with Daemonic Possesion

Total =1095 points

Proturbo
20th September 2008, 03:25
1100 is a very weird point value

Try to cut it down to 1000 exactly.....you will get more opponents

Noise Champion
20th September 2008, 04:49
1100 is a very weird point value

Try to cut it down to 1000 exactly.....you will get more opponents

I plan to just play around with a few of my mate's, nothing official. He was happy to go 1100 points but thanks for your imput :) I was just wondering if this was a good army and if theres anything i could do to improve it. Try to find any weakness's and such.

just2fierce
20th September 2008, 05:20
HQ:
MOS is really good but he's kinda by hisself with the wings....I'd Give him Terminator armor and twin lightning claws!! Very NASTY!!

Elites:
5 Terminators[225] IoS - Terminator Champion - 2 Power fist's - 3 Pairs of lightning claws
Everything here OK but on the guys with powerfist maybe comi-meltas

not a big fan at all of dreads........but if you like them just give him 2 CCW arms and rip stuff up!!

Troops:
Drop the powerfist and go for powerweapon, you need to make the most out of your heightened I score and that would also cut you 10 points and the DP isn't really worth it at all!!!

Same as above!

That is my .02

Phillip

Noise Champion
20th September 2008, 06:43
HQ:
MOS is really good but he's kinda by hisself with the wings....I'd Give him Terminator armor and twin lightning claws!! Very NASTY!!

Elites:
Everything here OK but on the guys with powerfist maybe comi-meltas

not a big fan at all of dreads........but if you like them just give him 2 CCW arms and rip stuff up!!

Troops:
Drop the powerfist and go for powerweapon, you need to make the most out of your heightened I score and that would also cut you 10 points and the DP isn't really worth it at all!!!

Same as above!

That is my .02

Phillip

Thanks alot for your imput, really helpful and i really appreciate it. Taking out the dread wouldnt really bother me too much, what would you suggest i put in his place were i to take him out? I also recalculated my list with the advice given and got:

HQ:
Chaos Lord[135] MoS - Lightning Claws - Terminator Armour

Elites:
5 Terminators[225] IoS - Terminator Champion - 2 Combi Melters - 3 Pairs of lightning claws

Troops:
8 Noise Marines[270] 7 Sonic Blasters - Noise champion with Doom Siren and Power Weapon - Chaos Rhino

8 Noise Marines[270] 7 Sonic Blasters - Noise champion with Doom Siren and Power Weapon - Chaos Rhino

Total =995 points

Look better? This list also fits into 1000pts which is a bonus :)

Deadric Spartan
20th September 2008, 09:51
Hey everyone, ive recently gotten into Warhammer 40k and after ages of trying to decide ive chosen to go with the Emperors children of chaos. Anyway im not really sure on what i was doing so i was hoping i could get some adice on how i could improve my list . The only thing i want the keep is my army being purely Slaanesh, im also not a fan of daemons. Thanks in advance.

HQ:
For a EC army you can't go wrong with Lucius. And with the points this guy is I don't see why you shouldn't take Lucius instead. The wings don't really benefit this guy, unless you run him alone and then he'll get shot up.

Elites:
Good

Just be aware of the crazed rule when using this guy.

Troops:
Drop Daemonic Possession on the rhino and depending on your opponents I'd drop the fist for a Power Weapon

As above

Total =1095 points

HQ:
Good

Elites:
5 Terminators[225] IoS - Terminator Champion - 2 Combi Melters - 3 Pairs of lightning claws
Good

As above

Troops:
Good but you may regret not having the powerfist.

Total =995 points

just2fierce
20th September 2008, 11:12
chaos predator with autocannon and heay bolter sponsons is 100 on the nose! That's what I would take over the dread!!

List looks really solid now! with the 10 points left give the noise marine squads an icon each for the termies to DS onto!!

Phillip

Noise Champion
20th September 2008, 11:13
[quote="Noise Champion":3lhiammg]Hey everyone, ive recently gotten into Warhammer 40k and after ages of trying to decide ive chosen to go with the Emperors children of chaos. Anyway im not really sure on what i was doing so i was hoping i could get some adice on how i could improve my list . The only thing i want the keep is my army being purely Slaanesh, im also not a fan of daemons. Thanks in advance.

HQ:
For a EC army you can't go wrong with Lucius. And with the points this guy is I don't see why you shouldn't take Lucius instead. The wings don't really benefit this guy, unless you run him alone and then he'll get shot up.

Elites:
Good

Just be aware of the crazed rule when using this guy.

Troops:
Drop Daemonic Possession on the rhino and depending on your opponents I'd drop the fist for a Power Weapon

As above

Total =1095 points

HQ:
Good

Elites:
Good

As above

Troops:
Good but you may regret not having the powerfist.

Total =995 points [/quote:3lhiammg]

Awesum, thanks everyone for your advice, now my only issue is the dang sonic blasters that i dont get with my marines in their box, those sonic's are really pricey for 14 guys. :/

just2fierce
20th September 2008, 21:37
yup 45.00 is quite a bit for 15 sonic blasters.......I paid the price for 30........yeah so I totally feel you on that one!

Phillip

Mephaine
21st September 2008, 00:08
Well simply put is in combat you will be dancing around most of your opponents however my only point to be made is how long these rather expensive squads can last. Ok yes your fire base is more mobile than most.....I wont finish that cause I will prob get banned but your guys are as frail as a bod standard Chaos Marine. Only reason I know is I have a mate who ran a similar list. Ok your Lord and Termies will laugh at most things but your troops....are a risk. Unless they find some nice cover to hunker down in its just waiting till the dice gods forsake you.

Anyway I am just pointing this out cause it does have the potential to crash and burn badly. Personally I can't give any advice on upgrades but I figure I would spread some wisdom I have gained from other Chaos players. Hope it helped.