PDA

View Full Version : Ork 1500 Pure Evil :)

Phail
21st September 2008, 08:21
Made this just to see if i could ;)

HQ

Warboss - mega armour - 100
Warboss - mega armour - 100

TROOPS

9 Meganobz - kombi-rokkits all round - 405
Battlewagon - zap gun, 4 big shootas, deff rolla, red paint job, grot riggers, armour plates, boarding plank, wrecking ball - 180

9 Meganobz - kombi-rokkits all round - 405
Battlewagon - zap gun, 4 big shootas, deff rolla, red paint job, grot riggers, armour plates, boarding plank, wrecking ball - 180

HEAVY SUPPORT

Looted Wagon - boomgun, armour plates, grot riggers, Ard case - 130

TOTAl - 1500

Quite obviously, the warbosses go with each meganobz mob in the battlewagon and burst forward trampling all over absolutely everything. Looted Wagon hopefully doesn't press dat! and uses its boomgun to cleanse the area of enemy infantry units. Simple, yet brutal ;)

Woggie_666
21st September 2008, 08:24
:eek: *sh*ts his pants*

That really IS evil....

Do it please just do that list and just smell the victory farts

Proturbo
21st September 2008, 14:40
Its like EB's Grey Knight list all over again!

Woggie_666
21st September 2008, 17:21
But green!!!!!!

DCB
21st September 2008, 17:24
Don't do it!!!

You trample me enough already!!! :evil:

Phail
21st September 2008, 17:25
aha ur lucky DCB i cant really afford to do that army atm :P

will have to stick with what i have for now and convert my tanks ;)

rehdjac
22nd September 2008, 04:18
Wow 23 models in 1500 points. Good job dude!

Phail
22nd September 2008, 07:09
it may only be 23 models but i take it you've seen what the models are ;)

rehdjac
22nd September 2008, 14:55

That wasn't snark duder, that was honest congratulations.

Phail
22nd September 2008, 15:09

oh ok thanks then ;)

I'm sure i could make it less if i really wanted ;)

Sir Arbarac
22nd September 2008, 15:20
:eek: *goes into Microsoft excel and starts making a list with as many lascannons as possible*

rehdjac
22nd September 2008, 15:49
[quote="Lord of Tau":gak1841e]it may only be 23 models but i take it you've seen what the models are ;)

oh ok thanks then ;)

I'm sure i could make it less if i really wanted ;)[/quote:gak1841e]

I've got probably upwards of 6500 points of Eldar now, 3500 points of Tau. The tau easily outnumber the elves. :smt002 :lol:

Ryuorkboss
28th September 2008, 01:10
I don't see that as very evil. I would run my looted wagon 3 deffkoptas, 30 sluggas, 30 shootas, 30 ard boyz, warboss, zogwort and nob squad in a trukk with pk's, waaagh banna and pain boy adn 10 burnaz. When I play a CSM guy at my local game store I told him it would be a while because I had to put on over 100 orks, he turns to his friend and says he's screwed, which was the truth, my nob squad killed 10 marines, 3 bikers, 8 berzerkers and took an arm of a defiler and I only lost 2 nobz and my warboss.

jedihobbit
28th September 2008, 04:11
cool list! I would say Kombi-Skorchas might be a better option (no rolls to hit :good: ). But it's a big part of your armor killing abilities, so go for it!

Proturbo
28th September 2008, 04:29
I don't see that as very evil. I would run my looted wagon 3 deffkoptas, 30 sluggas, 30 shootas, 30 ard boyz, warboss, zogwort and nob squad in a trukk with pk's, waaagh banna and pain boy adn 10 burnaz. When I play a CSM guy at my local game store I told him it would be a while because I had to put on over 100 orks, he turns to his friend and says he's screwed, which was the truth, my nob squad killed 10 marines, 3 bikers, 8 berzerkers and took an arm of a defiler and I only lost 2 nobz and my warboss.

What's your point?

That would be a completely different army than what he is running. Doesn't mean that it is any less evil.

jedihobbit
28th September 2008, 04:33
That would be a completely different army than what he is running. Doesn't mean that it is any less evil.

Which is one of the many reasons orks are awesome, then can be effective in many, many, many different configurations. He runs 23 models is 1.5K, i run 131. Both list can be equally effective if used right.

Ryuorkboss
28th September 2008, 05:11
I see it as more evil because while he relies on his battle wagons to get to the lines, I don't. Normally I have found you ropponet will have at least 6 wepons that can get through 14 armour on a vehicle. while that only gets about a no fire wepons per turn on one, eventually someone will have too many strong wepons and will anihilate your wagons. My strategy is to give too many targets to shoot at, either spend atleast 2 turns trying to kill my nobz or kill the 100 boyz behind them.

Phail
28th September 2008, 08:16
your strategy is horde, nothing special

note that i have no intention of using this list (especially since metal models go up in on monday)

as Proturbo said, your list is completely different to this one, but no more evil. You have more targets, i have harder targets. I have 20 power klaws with 2+ armour saves, 2 battlewaggons and a great big boomgun. Quite frankly i think it would be quite fun to have this list vs. your list :mrgreen:

And btw - your Nob squad story may well have happened, but you can tell just from reading that that you got lucky

LanceWarrior
28th September 2008, 09:34
I see it as more evil because while he relies on his battle wagons to get to the lines, I don't. Normally I have found you ropponet will have at least 6 wepons that can get through 14 armour on a vehicle. while that only gets about a no fire wepons per turn on one, eventually someone will have too many strong wepons and will anihilate your wagons. My strategy is to give too many targets to shoot at, either spend atleast 2 turns trying to kill my nobz or kill the 100 boyz behind them.

Horde armies aren't evil. They are tactless. Using a small army of 20 or so models requires skill and tactics. And as this army is utterly indestructible (well until it meets Deathwing) it's pure evil

Phail
28th September 2008, 09:39
Deathwing! Lol :P

This list is pretty much deathwing except with even less but more powerful models :P

That would be an interesting match too lol, this vs Deathwing :D

Deadric Spartan
28th September 2008, 09:50
Is this list really that good? :? I don't think it'd do that well tbh

Phail
28th September 2008, 09:57
lol i only made it to see if i could :P

it's designed to look evil on the table, and tbh it would do a lot of damage

If both units charge, that gives me 82 Power Klaw attacks :P Then i have 18 Rokkits that can be fired, a huge boomgun, the weaponry and the steam roller on the battlewagons :P

LanceWarrior
28th September 2008, 11:19
Is this list really that good? :? I don't think it'd do that well tbh

Yeah, but as this army list is similar to Deathwing, think like this. Are Deathwing actually that good, or do they just make people shit their pants cause it's Terminators, Venerable Dreadnoughts and LR Crusaders?

Deadric Spartan
28th September 2008, 11:21
Ah right. Well the way I see it is you're gonna completely annihilate a squad in CC. And then get shot to hell by the rest of the army.

LanceWarrior
28th September 2008, 11:26
Ah right. Well the way I see it is you're gonna completely annihilate a squad in CC. And then get shot to hell by the rest of the army.

Sounds about right :twisted:. Just make it one hell of an expensive squad to mash in combat.

dal9ll
1st October 2008, 01:58
I believe the correct word to describe this army is STOMPY.

And I agree with Lancewarrior. Horde armies require less tactics than armies with very few models. Its just like in Fantasy where Ogre Kingdoms are the finesse army.

Just look out for Khornate Daemon armies. All those Hellblades...