• Battle Reports (Other)

by Published on 25th February 2011 14:38  Number of Views: 5375 
    1. Categories:
    2. Battle Reports (Other)
    Article Preview

Last night I played my second game of 8th Ed, 1000pts versus Red Devil's Skaven. I ran:
    LSGb: 14 Lothern Sea Guard (Full Command, Shields, Banner of Arcane Protection)
    LSGm: 14 Lothern Sea Guard (Full Command, Shields)
    BT: Bolt Thrower
    GEb: Great Eagle
    GEm: Great Eagle
    [BS]: Noble (Dragon Armour of Caledor, Guardian Phoenix, Battle Standard, Great Weapon)
    [P]: Prince (Halberd, Armour of Fortune)

Total: 998 (Core 43.9%, Special 0.0%, Rare 20.0%, Lord 19.1%, Hero 16.8%)

He ran:
    [W]: Warlord (Additional Hand Weapon, Tail Weapon, Talisman of Protection)
    [BS]: Chieftain (Battle Standard, Shield, Luckstone)
    [WE]: Warlock Engineer (Warplock Pistol, Level 1, Warp-Energy Condenser)
    SS: 30 Skaven Slaves (Shields)
    CRhws & PWMb: 24 Clanrats (Full Command, Hand Weapons & Shields) with Poisoned Wind Mortar
    CRss & PWMm: 24 Clanrats (Full Command, Spears & Shields), with Poisoned Wind Mortar
    WLC: Warp Lightning Cannon
    DW: Doomwheel

Total: 999 (Core 47.3%, Special 0.0%, Rare 24.0%, Lord 11.6%, Hero 17.0%)

Scenario: Battleline
    Scenery: 5 pieces, Skaven placing first. He placed the hill in the centre, I placed the house in the middle, he placed the hill at the side, I placed the wood next to the house, he placed the other wood.
    Deployment: Skaven won the roll and chose the side with the hills.
    Deployment order: Clanrats with Hand Weapons & Shields, Great Eagle (bottom), Clanrats with Spears & Shields, Great Eagle (middle), Skaven Slaves, Lothern Seaguard with Banner (bottom), Warp Lightning Cannon, Bolt Thrower, Doomwheel, Lothern Seaguard (middle), Skaven Characters (Warlord in Clanrats with Hand Weapons and Shields, Chieftain in Clanrats with Spears & Shields, Warlock Engineer on his own), High Elf Characters (Prince with Lothern Seaguard in middle, Noble with Lothern Seaguard at bottom).

HE (bottom to top): GEb, LSGb[BS], BT, LSGm[P], GEm
    Skaven (bottom to top): WLC, PWMb, CRhws[W], [WE], SS, CRss[BS], PWMm, DW
    Reverse shot:

Skaven Turn 1

Movement

Pipsqueek looked at the Elves deployed ahead of him and snickered that they had fallen so easily into his trap, set up by his previous "defeat". He urged his furry horde forwards, "encouraging" the Slaves to head out in ...
    by Published on 25th February 2011 14:35  Number of Views: 4453 
    1. Categories:
    2. Battle Reports (Other)
    Article Preview

Tonight I played my first game of 8th Ed, 750pts versus Red Devil's Skaven. I ran:
    15 Lothern Sea Guard (Full Command, Shields, Banner of Arcane Protection)
    Korhil
    Bolt Thrower
    Tironic Chariot
    5 Dragon Princes (Champion, Musician)

Total: 750 (Core 32.7%, Special 35.3%, Rare 13.3%, Lord 0%, Hero 18.7%)

He ran:
    Chieftain (Halberd, Warpstone Armour)
    Warlock Engineer (Warplock Pistol, Level 1, Warp-Energy Condenser)
    20 Clanrats (Full Command, Spears & Shields)
    20 Clanrats (Full Command, Hand Weapons & Shields) with Poisoned Wind Mortar
    50 Skaven Slaves (Shields)
    9 Giant Rats with 1 Packmaster
    9 Giant Rats with 1 Packmaster
    Warp Lightning Cannon

Total: 750 (Core 56.0%, Special 0.0, Rare 12.0%, Lord 0%, Hero 22.7%)

Scenario: Battleline (keeping it simple for the first game)
    I won the roll for deployment but lost the roll for first turn despite the +1 for deploying first.

HE (bottom to top): Dragon Princes (DP), Tironic Chariot (TC), Repeater Bolt Thrower (RBT), Lothern Sea Guard with Korhil (LSG[K])
    Skaven (bottom to top): Giant Rats (GR1), Giant Rats (GR2), Clanrats with hand weapons and Chieftain (CRhw[C]), Warlock Engineer (WE), Skaven Slaves (SS), Poisoned Wind Mortar (PWM), Clanrats with Spears (CRs), Warp Lightning Cannon (WLC)

Skaven Turn 1

Movement

Pipsqueek ordered his soldiers forward, positioning himself in the ideal position for his tactical mastermind could guide the ebb and flow of battle, behind half a century of Slaves and surrounded by his bodyguard.

Everything bar the WLC moves forward

Magic

Warlock Ikvolt sniffed the Winds of Magic, content for now to watch it swirl about the battlefield until the pesky Elves were close enough to zap.

Out of range

Shooting

After some intense chittering, the crew of the Poisoned Wind Mortar decide that the hill on the far side of the field is out of range. The crew of the Warp Lightning Cannon have a similar ...
Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Today’s Posts | Search Warvault Webring
An exclusive design by: ForumSkin