- Join Date
- 1st August 2005
- Current Activity
- Viewing Thread What armor is this?
- Last Activity
- Today 19:29
- Blog Entries
6 Visitor Messages
- Date of Birth
- August 19, 1987 (29)
- Staffordshire, UK
- Big Mek
Showing Friends 1 to 10 of 11
View SonsOfStalingrad's Blog
While the Orks have already had a codex in 7th edition, let's point out that the Eldar really didn't need an update and that the Imperial Knights, if they're getting another update this soon, probably didn't need a book back when they got one.
So, looking back, the Ork codex does appear to be underwhelming to some degree and so I decided to make a list of things that I would personally like to see change.
I want to keep this short, so I'm forming it into a top 10, instead of getting
Every new book seems to have this section - a handful of items that you can only take one of each of in your army.
These are the current ones I'm thinking of putting into the playtest version of the Rebel Grot codex for 7th.
TREASURES OF THE KOMMITTEE COFFERS
Locked up tight in a highly secret mobile vault, the whereabouts of which is only fully known to those aboard, are the treasures of the Kommittee coffers.
These items, each an outstanding and unique
Given that I'm working on this project well into 7th now, anf Formations are apparantly a thing you get one of in your codex (at least, the Ork one only has one...), I have decided to include a Rebel Grot formation in the form of the Raiding Party.
It's small, light, fragile, but it should be able to maneuver around and give enemies a real fight
The formation is simply 1 Head Honcho, 8 units of Gretchin, 2 units of Old Gard Vetz and 2 units of Big Luggas.
Well, the Ork codex I was waiting for has finally arrived. Now we know exactly how a 7th edition codex should be laid out - and you know what? It's easier than before now.
I can probably begin organising and editing the entries over the coming week. The style lends itself well to copycat nature.
It also means I can balance against the Ork codex, as the Rebel Grots are, after all, designed to fight against that one more than any other.
This does mean that some of what
You know, Warlord Traits are weird. It's a random dice roll on a bunch of abilities that may or may not be useful depending on how you play.
Anyway, here's what I came up with for the Rebel Grots - Two tables, one representing Mork and one representing Gork. Names for the two trees and their abilities are pending, but the abilities are as follows:
1. Night Fighting.
2. Warlord and his unit have Outflank.
3. One unit within 12 inches of the
26th February 2017
23rd February 2017
9th January 2017
20th November 2016
15th April 2016
- 17:57 - Mikmaxs mentioned SonsOfStalingrad in post 1000 pts orks will be facing demonkin...ion, what is YMMV? SonsOfStalingrad not sure I could go ...
- 16:05 - Gary M mentioned SonsOfStalingrad in post 1000 pts orks will be facing demonkin...ion, what is YMMV? SonsOfStalingrad not sure I could go ...
4th April 2016
21st October 2015
8th September 2015
10th July 2015
3rd May 2015
28th February 2015
15th February 2015
- 02:09 - Thatfatguy mentioned SonsOfStalingrad in post Making a Chaos Warband, have some fluff questions and looking for suggestions....t remember the clan SonsOfStalingrad might know, but ther...
9th February 2015
23rd January 2015
25th December 2014
7th December 2014
- 22:12 - Sneggy mentioned SonsOfStalingrad in post Meta and why the Internet shouldn't dictate what you use... for poor players. SonsOfStalingrad I'm actually agreei...
- 12:32 - edmundblack mentioned SonsOfStalingrad in post Forum Secret Santa 2014 - pressie time!...cythes , @Leonix , @SonsOfStalingrad , @Phail , @daddy4co...
19th November 2014
1st November 2014
- 17:24 - Sybrite mentioned SonsOfStalingrad in post Buildings in 7th edition,what can we do with them?SonsOfStalingrad, yep, because 'every...
28th March 2017
26th March 2017
24th March 2017
23rd March 2017
- 23:49 - nonamewight quoted SonsOfStalingrad in post 8th edition news from... GW?Only it isn't. Space Marines, Leade...
- 22:06 - SonsOfStalingrad quoted Leonix in post 8th edition news from... GW?From what I hear this is ac...
- 20:30 - Leonix quoted SonsOfStalingrad in post 8th edition news from... GW?Do not want the AoS Morale system. It...