Post Thanks / Like

Inquisitor Lord Hector Rex

Hey All,

Well, I've been reading through the Siege of Vraks and looking at this Hector Rex character. On top of things he seems good, they give him +1 strength, but my quarrel is that he's still only toughness 3, leaving him open to simple Insta-gib again.

On the outside he seems good, but he's probably only truly useful against Chaos armies, which is where I'm stuck. I considered purchasing the model and really decking out a Land Raider to be his personal transport, you know, heraldry, special detailing, the whole nine yards but then again, that toughness three keeps standing out to me.

What does anyone else think? (Obviously he'd only be useful for friendly games, since tournaments are too shaky as to whether you play against Chaos or not)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Re: Inquisitor Lord Hector Rex

He does have a retinue (acolytes are useful here), TA and a SS (3+ version IIRC), so he's not the easiest to kill.

Not sure you'll find him good value in a standard game, but if opponents are using equally costly characters, he'll be fine.

If a topic is in the wrong place or has been Necro'd use the report button, don't spam the topic.
    Hobby Blog!
    Painting & Modelling Blog!
    Gallery

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, his points are a bit much but he does have the 3+ Storm Shield. As you said, standard games, like against Orks or Eldar or something he probably wouldn't be so great, although with Strength 4 he does well. It's just the concern of only having to in mostinstances roll 3's to hurt him. But yeah, he'll at least have the retinue with him.

Post Thanks / Like

Why does everyone worry so much when it comes to T3 characters in T3 armies?

Boltrig-So Durandal, I understand youre a Demi-god? Thats fantastic!
    edmundblack-Durandal is the Crown Prince of Cleavage.
    My Painting Thread (you should definitely check it out!)
    Oh, fuck, it's the Eldar!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Haha, because I'm wanting to put him with my Grey Knight army... not a Guard army.

Post Thanks / Like

Why don't you use his model as a proxy for a Grand Master in normal games? It is indeed a beautiful figure, but if you're worried about his lack of toughness in an army of GKs, run him as a GM. Just use him as a his regular character in friendly, pre-arranged games.

Out of the blackness and the stench of the engulfing swamp emerged a shimmering figure. Only the splattered armor and ichor-stained sword hinted at the unfathomable evil the knight had just laid waste.

Post Thanks / Like

Hrm, a good suggestion, and one that I suppose I will go with. Although I do like my Grand Master now, he was one of my first models, and does need an update as I find him to be painted poorly. Alright, I'll just bid furiously for him on eBay.

Post Thanks / Like

and if he was t-4 it wouldn't matter because his retinue is t-3 and that going to be the majority that your going to roll against so for the most part it would only be an issue some of the time

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Originally Posted by bigrob281
    and if he was t-4 it wouldn't matter because his retinue is t-3 and that going to be the majority that your going to roll against so for the most part it would only be an issue some of the time
    He would still be T4 for considering insta-gib, which is the OP's main concern with being T3.

If a topic is in the wrong place or has been Necro'd use the report button, don't spam the topic.
    Hobby Blog!
    Painting & Modelling Blog!
    Gallery

Spherically Challenging edmundblack's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

How about a more relevant question? With a model that looks that badass, can you afford to not have him in your army?!?

Post Thanks / Like

Irrelevant Data.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

*Ponders how to convert Rex into a nurgling* Oh Hai EB!

http://40kforums.com/vb/entry.php/10...ures-25-8-2010 Death Korps of Krieg Log
    "Your foe is well equipped, well trailed, battle-hardened. He believes his gods are on his side. Let him believe what he will. We have the tanks on ours." -Colonel Joachim Pfeiff, Krieg 14th Armoured Regiment.

Spherically Challenging edmundblack's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Originally Posted by Lucian
    *Ponders how to convert Rex into a nurgling* Oh Hai EB!

Heretic! Non believer!!!

I know you're only joking, but I suppose he could be converted into a Chaos Lord or something. He looks the business!