Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Arch Co. Design Labs: Hunters III Character Signups

I have decided to split off from the main schedule thread to bring you to my game design workshop. Here I will present all my new ideas, or thoughts on older systems (such as the engine for my zeppelin or dragon game). I want to open these up to suggestions from other writers, designers and players. Please keep the critique/discussion to the constructive, even if it is negative. Feel free to throw in ideas, I'll toss them to the design team (the voices in my head make for a good board of directors), and get back to you with something. Also included with all game ideas are randomly chosen scales to show you guys where I feel the game is compared to my intention/hopes/wants. This will be anything from %, to a 5* system, to letter grades...

Existing Arch Co. Games

Zep:
    This probably wants a renaming as well as an overhaul. My current plan is to have the teams combined again soon (50th page if possible). This way I can run a smaller more efficient game of 6-7 people on one team. We can get back to the basics, and most importantly we can get back to the story.

Arch Co. Happiness Scale: 70%

Dragon Lords
    I actually really like where this is right now. I think the system works, and that the addition of new mechanics will only make the experience richer.

Arch Co. Happiness Scale: A

Drawing Table Ideas

Golem Wars
    We are really exited about this one because it will be the first time we might truly work with the team over at Drak Industries. Basically the player takes on the role of a controller who fights other controllers in an arena with massive golems. There will be three main classes, with loads of features available to give each player the cutting edge that we here at Arch Co. feel that they deserve.

Projected Arch Co. Happiness Scale: ****

War of the Sages
    This is a massive project that we are looking to undertake for our summer lineup. Players will assume the roles of force commanders in the Land of Terra (chronicled in both Zeppelin and Dragon Lords). Each player will begin to conquer more territories and oversee their protection with over 1000 combinations of units (Yes we were impressed too, but it's true). Command leaders to take control of elite cadres of spearmen, archers and even great war beasts. Special leaders known as heroes provide even more customization and fun combinations...as well as unrivaled power.

Projected Arch Co. Happiness Scale: 9.5/10

Hammer and Shield
    This is a brand new role playing game in which players interact freely within their world but receive bonuses for acting with their designated character. This game goes beyond the normal hack and slash of fantasy RPGs by challenging the player to become immersed within the character of their choice. Another game from the land of Terra.

Projected Arch Co. Happiness Scale: 75%

The Diaries of The Lost
    Something is different at New Bethlehem Hospital for the Criminally Insane. The hospital compound is the only structure on the small New England island. And one night in November, as a fierce storm threatens to bring the walls down around you, you discover memories of the past.

In this new game from the mind that brought you 'Rah and Arch go to Canada', you will take on the persona and path of a character on the island. This thriller takes place during a horrific November storm, and will take each player on a psychological thrill ride which they may not survive. Of course, surviving might not be enough.

Projected Arch Co. Happiness Scale: A

Title in the Works: Crusade is the working title
    This game so far exists in its most infant stages of thought and mechanical workings. The game will rely on an enhanced version of the Dark Heresy engine mixed with one or two other systems to make a unique experience. Characters will be powerful acolytes of the powers at be (think inquisitor). They will enhance their characters through traits rather than leveling up or having a class. This is the main game that we here in the design lab wish to hear about from you, the consumer.

Each character will have the following stats:

HP: same as every game, but with an extra 5 grace points that bleed out over time when reached

Strength: Added to a weapon's power to determine damage

Defense: Determines if you can resist the opponents rolls to hit

Melee: Your chance to hit, augmented by a weapon's clumsiness

Aim: Your accuracy with a ranged weapon, augmented by the weapon's clumsiness

Energy: Your ability to cast spells

Armor: Your last chance to stop damage

Basically the game works this way:

If you have a stat of 35 then you have a modifier of 3 and a bonus of 5 with a total of 35.

If you attempt to attack an enemy with Melee of 35, then you roll 3d10 (modifier makes 3) add in your bonus and compare that to the target's defense.

If you are attempting to defend with a Defense of 35 then you roll 3d10 and add the bonus to try to have a higher number than the Melee of your opponent.

If you're stat is higher or lower than the opposing stat by increments of 5, then the higher stat receives an extra bonus of 1 to the roll for each full increment of 5.

so an melee of 55 attacking a Defense of 20 would roll 5d10 + 5 bonus + 7 over versus the opponent's 2d10 to defend.

Damage is determined by adding Strength and weapon power and subtracting enemy armor.

Str 35 w/ Power 6 from a weapon will roll 3d10 + 5 + 6 for damage. Then armor is simply subtracted. Any carry over is taken from HP.

Magic works in a similar way to Dark Heresy. Each spell has a threshold that must be reached for the spell to succeed. Then once success has occurred any extra over the threshold is applied to an effect chart for the spell. For instance:

a caster with Energy 35 wishes to cast Firestorm which has a threshold of 20:

He rolls 3d10 + 5 + 3 (35-20=15/5=3): This is automatically at least an 11 if all 1's are rolled. Let's say the roll totals to 21, so our total is 29. We have gone 1 increment over 20 and thus we not only cast the spell but also get whatever incremental bonus is available.

Other bonuses can come from combos of dice. Pairs and straights on multiple dice yield ever more increasing amounts of energy which can lead to incredibly powerful magic. Of course such power also has penalties...

Hopeful Arch Co. Happiness Scale: *****

Well we here at Arch Co. hope you have enjoyed this delve into our summer line up. Please comment or ask questions, and our friendly staff will get back to you as soon as possible.

-Admin-

LastChancer: "Arch, you are my hero"
    Lemartes: "Arch is truth"

Bah! Tabletop Podcasts: Arch DMs some 5th Edition DnD and Other Gaming too!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Arch Co. Design Labs

Dragon wars is excellent atm. I also hope zepp gets powered up soon and more posting. It's a damn fun game.

Intrigued by golem wars and Hammer and Shield. I like the idea of getting more into our characters. That sounds pretty fun.

Crusades sounds very interesting. The system sounds intriguing and very nice. I'd defo be interested in giving that a go.

Lampguard of the mighty Spatulatula
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited, imagination encompasses the world" - Albert Einstein

DrakonTheNightLord: This fucking post... priceless

Rolling an 18 DrakonTheNightLord's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Drak Industries eh?

Looking forward to War of the Sages btw.

Bear Island knows no Kim but the Kim in the North, whose name is Jong Un.

Post Thanks / Like

We here at Arch Co, value your opinions highly.

We have spent the last few days in really grinding out stat mechanics and systems for basic character creation. There is still much more to do, but look for this game on your local forum shelf by the end of May.

Current Arch Co. Design Happiness Scale: A++

Projected Arch Co. Happiness Scale: 90%

-Admin-

Post Thanks / Like

Today we have a special treat for all our loyal fans. A look into the system behind the highly anticipated 'Crusader' by Arch co. Design Labs. Feel free to comment and ask about anything.

Crusader

Take on the role of a field commander of the Order of Redemption.

Stats are based on two digits. The tens place represents the modifier and typical amount of dice that will be used for an action. The ones place is the additive added to a particular roll. This additive cannot go above +5.

HP—determines how much damage a character can take. Each character has 10 bleed points. When all HP is depleted bleed points are activated to absorb the extra. Each turn one point is lost until healing is performed. The modifier on current HP is used for rolls against physical stamina needs such as swimming underwater or being poisoned.

Strength—Determines how much the character adds to the damage dealt by a weapon.

Defense—Determines the ability to turn aside an attack. Defense is used against melee or aim.

Melee—The ability of the character to hit with a melee attack, augmented by a weapon dexterity penalty.

Aim—The ability of the character to hit with a ranged attack, augmented by a weapon dexterity penalty.

Energy
    —The ability to cast spells. More on this below.

Example of round of combat.: Character Bob attacks Ghoul

Bob:
    S-32
    M-38

Ghoul:
    HP: 20
    D-25
    Armor-5

Bob rolls 3d10 to hit because he has a modifier of 3. He then adds 5 to this roll because he has a additive of 8, but the max added here is 5. In addition Bob attacks with overwhelming skill, meaning that he has at least 5 points higher Melee than his target’s defense. For every full 5 points over an additional 1 is added to the roll (there is no limit to this addition). In this case Bob has 10 more M than the ghoul has D, so this is two increments. So Bob’s attack roll looks like this:

3d10 + 5 + 2 Let’s say he rolls 4, 8, 7…His overall Melee attack to hit is a whopping 26. Now subtract 4 for the weapon dexterity penalty of his sword, and he is attacking with 22 to hit.

Now the ghoul defends.

2d10 + 5 We see that he needs very high rolls to defend, but unfortunately he rolls a 3 and a 5. So his full defense attempt is 13. This means the attack is successful by 1 full increment, thus a bonus will be awarded to the damage roll.

Bob has strength 32 and a sword with power 12.

This means he will attack with 3d10 + 2 + d10 + 2 or more simply 4d10 + 4.
    The bonus for overwhelming force from the attack roll is now added as an extra d10.

Therefore Bob will be dealing 5d10 + 4 damage to the ghoul.

Bob rolls a 3, 7, 5, 9. Therefore he attacks with 28 damage, subtracting the Ghoul’s armor of 5, the actual damage is 23. This outweighs the Ghoul’s HP and thus depletes it to 0. Bob has won the encounter.

Now, we can see that Bob only just barely beat that ghoul with one attack (an impressive feat for any Order member to be sure…), but what if he is facing something far superior or multiple enemies…

Well Bob has Soul Power (beyond his groovy dance moves). This is a special ability available to disciples of the Temple of Redemption. Bob is able to add extra bonuses to any of his rolls to boost his results. This is determined by two things. Bob has a certain number of Soul Point earned through his deeds, and he also has his modifiers.

Because Bob has S-32, he has 3 available bonuses to his damage rolls per day. Each damage bonus is a single d10 added to the damage roll. Bonuses can be used at any time, and in any combination. Each use subtracts one from the total for the day (up to the max allowed by the modifier of the stat)

In this same way Bob will also have 3 available bonuses to hit due to his M-32. This adds a single d10 to the chance to hit. Bonuses can be used at any time, and in any combination. Each use subtracts one from the total for the day (up to the max allowed by the modifier of the stat). However, ALL of these bonuses must be declared prior to making any rolls and thus cannot be used to save an otherwise bad roll. But there is hop in Soul Points.

Each character has a certain number of unassigned bonuses to use per day. They may use them at any time for any roll. So an attack that misses by three may have a soul point used to add an extra d10 in order to try to salvage the attack. Or if you find yourself being hit by a an attack that will probably destroy you, then you may choose to use 2 points to roll 2d10 to add to your defense roll.

In this way the player gains a certain level of added tactical control over combat.

Lets See how Bob fairs against something a little heartier…

Bob: Lycanthropic Warrior:
    HP: 35 HP: 46
    S-32 S-46
    D-26 D-26
    M-38 M-28
    A-22 A-11
    E-29 E-14
    Armor 10 Armor 8

Bob gets the first attack (B-Att for short):

B-Att1: 3d10 + 5 + 1 - 4 [3,7,6] = 18
    L-Def: 2d10 + 5 [4, 8] = 17

B-Dmg: (3d10 + 2) + (d10 + 2) – ( [3, 9, 4, 4] = 16

After the first attack the Lycan is down 16 HP, but now he has a chance to return the pain. Keep in mind Bob’s sword with P-12 and W-4. The Lycan has no weapon but rather special claws and therefore no W penalty. But he does have high Strength to compensate.

L-Att1: 2d10 + 5 [8,4] = 17
    B-Def: 2d10 +5 [6,3] = 14
    L-Dmg: 4d10 + 5 -10 [3, 7, 4, 9] = 19

So now Bob only has 18 HP (and 10 bleed points). So he must be very careful. He has 4 Soul Points to use (perhaps he used some, or wants to save some for later today). He also has modifier bonuses (3 for dmg, 3 for chance to hit and 2 for defensive rolls). He will use 2 of his three modifiers for Melee in order to possibly do more dmg later

B-Att2: 3d10 + 5 +1 - 4(+2d10 modifier) [6, 3, 7, 5,6] = 29
    L-Def: 2d10 +5 [6,7] = 18

This is enough to gain 2 bonuses from overwhelming skill; therefore, another 2d10 will be added to the dmg roll. Bob does not want to take chances and will therefore add 2 of his 3 strength modifier bonuses to the dmg roll.

B-Dmg: (3d10 + 2) + (d10 + 2) + (2d10 overwhelming skill) + (2d10) -8 = 7d10 -4 [3,6,2,8,4,7,3, 2] = 30

This is just enough to kill the Lycan who does not have bleed points. Bob walks away from the battle with roughly half his health and several of his bonuses still intact. Ready to fight again.

Of course if Bob encounters something more fearsome still, he is barely in shape to fight it off physically. But luckily the Order’s magic is powerful and can reap great damage upon their foes.

When Bob encounters his next enemy, he will need to use magic to ensure survival.

Bob: Lycanthropic Warrior Lord:
    HP: 18 HP: 60
    S-32 S-64
    D-26 D-36
    M-38 M-42
    A-22 A-16
    E-29 E-22
    Armor 10 Armor 10

Magic works by generating enough energy to surpass a threshold designated by each spell. If the threshold is beaten then the spell works, if not, it fails and the turn ends. Should the energy generated surpass the threshold by full increments more power is added in some fashion. All spells have a specific chart of what added increment do, some require more than 5 to achieve a incremental bonus.

Bob decides to begin battle with his trusty spell Holy Fire. This spell deals 6d10 and has a threshold of 20. For every five points over threshold another d10 is added to the damage. Bob knows that if the Lycan gets an attack, then he will be in very big trouble, so he decides to pour everything he can into this one attack. He uses his 2 energy modifier bonuses, and 3 of his 4 Soul Points to increase the roll. This means he will be rolling his normal 2d10 plus 5d10; he also has an additive of 5.

B-Energy: 7d10 + 5 [5,2,6,9,3,8,7] = 45

That’s a full 25 over threshold meaning 5 increments. So Bob will be dealing a total of 11d10 to the Lycan with holy fire. The Lycan’s armor will do nothing, but it does have a magical resistance of 12 and therefore will subtract d10 + 2 from the damage.

B-Dmg: [6,5,5,3,8,2,9,4,7,1, 6] = 56
    L-Def: [3] = 5

So the Lycan takes 51 dmg. Bob is not out of the clear, luckily he saved that 1 soul point for defense.

L-Att: 4d10 + 2 + 3 (M>D) [4,3,7,6] = 24
    B-Def: 2d10 + 5 + d10 [4,9,6] = 24

Bob successfully defends against the attack, and thus takes no dmg. He has 1 remaining modifier for both Strength and Melee.

B-Att: 3d10 + 5 – 4 + d10 [8,4,6,3] = 22
    L-Def: 3d10 + 5 [2,8,5] = 20

B-Dmg: (3d10 + 2) + (d10 + 2) + (d10) – (10) [6,5,9,6] = 20

The Lycan Warrior Lord falls to Bob the Knight of Redemption!

Let’s re-examine the magic phase of that for certain aspect that could have helped make that a more impressive aspect than it was!

B-Energy: 7d10 + 5 [5,3,5,9,3,8,7] = 45

I replaced a 2 with a 3 and a 6 with a 5. Now this results in the same sum, however doubles with magic cause explosive results.

When pairs/triples/etc. occur take the number of dice and multiply it by the number on those dice. In this case there are two 3’s and two 5’s. So we add 6 and 10 to the roll, making an amazing 61 roll for threshold. This in turn would add another 3d10 to the damage of the spell, because it creates three more increments.

Critical rolls are also a crucial way to exponentially improve rolls. Every roll of 10 o a d10 is a critical roll. This allows the lowest die rolled to be rerolled. This happens once for every 10 rolled. Even if the rerolled die becomes a 10 it issues another reroll. Therefore on the amazing chance that I roll 4d10 and get [1,3,10,10], I could reroll the 1 and the 3. Let’s say the new roll is [4,10,10,10], I have now gained yet another reroll from the new 10. Therefore we reroll the lowest die of 4. Now a fourth 10 would have no effect because there would be nothing to reroll; however, should it come to pass that EVERY die rolled lands on a 10 the roll is multiplied by the number of dice used. This is called an absolute or epic critical

If I roll a single 10 I will simply add 5 to the roll. If I roll a pair of 10’s then I will double the result to 40, triple 90, etc.

So in this example if my last reroll yields a 10, then I will have four 10’s. This means I have rolled a 40, but with the multiplied bonus I have rolled 160. Imagine what effect that would have on something like Holy Fire (14d10 without other bonuses or additive, and another 6d10 for the spell). When you add in the fact that the 10's count for doubles, then you reach 28d10 plus whatever additive or other bonuses exist. This means your spell is doing at least 28 dmg, and can do up to 280...enough to drop even the heartiest of enemies.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________

Current rating amongst Arch Co. Design Lab technicians: A+, 92%, *****, 9.4/10

-Admin-

Post Thanks / Like

Good news everyone! We here at Arch Co. Have come up with most of what we need to get Crusader really going design wise! All that's left is the extensive lists of abilities equipment and enemies to fight, as well as more minor story arcs.

So for now we'll keep you entertained with a bit about character creation. Since Bob is a seasoned warrior now, let's look at young Galf the Apprentice! (For the sake of true fun these are actual rolls performed by a designer during a meeting this morning). This method is not set in stone. Such considerations as 4d10, or beginning bonuses based on certain criteria or tests could increase stats even further.

Each stat rolls 3d10

Galf:
    HP:19
    S:21
    M:19
    D:21
    A:22
    E:15

Ok, now we are allowed to do a few things. We can switch any two stats for any other two. We may not switch a stat twice. We can also add 2 points to any two stats and 6 points to a single stat. We also are allowed to reroll the lowest stat, but this cannot be followed by switching said stat. So we decide to switch the S and M stats as well as the A and E stats.

Galf:
    HP:19
    S:19
    M:21
    A:15
    E:22

Now we will add 2 to both the HP and S to get over 20 and thus reach a new modifier. Galf wishes to be better a melee than other forms of combat, so he will give his 6 points to M. The A stat will be rerolled as the lowest stat (if the stat becomes lower, it does not have to be accepted, but that uses the reroll)

Galf:
    HP:21
    S:21
    M:27
    A:22
    E:22

Now Galf has a modifier of 2 for every check and an additive of 5 for melee strikes. He is ready to pick Traits. There are three main kinds of traits.
    -Regular traits can do anything from allowing certain bonuses or giving certain knowledge to removing weapon penalties.
    -Packages are purchased as a whole and often offer a discount over individual traits, they also have a special that can only be gained via the package. These tend to be expensive, and may not be the exact traits you want.
    -Stats can be improved up to four times each. Each rank of a stat trait increase the stat by 5.

Players start with 750 points to spend on traits.

Example traits:
    Called Shot I- Reduce the penalty for a called shot by 5: 200
    Called Shot II-Reduce the penalty for a called shot by 5: 1000

Fitness I, II, III, IV- +5 Strength each rank: 200, 400, 1000, 2500
    Dexterity I, II, III, IV- +5 Melee each rank: 100, 250, 750, 2000
    Parry I, II, III, IV- +5 Defense each rank: 200, 400, 1000, 2500
    Perception I, II, III, IV- +5 Aim each rank: 100, 250, 750, 2000
    Focus I, II, III, IV- +5 Energy each rank: 200, 400, 1000, 2500
    Stamina I, II, III, IV- +5 HP each rank: 350, 750, 1500, 3000

*Soldier-Once per day you may choose to auto-hit a single Melee or Aim roll: 200

*Veteran Package [Soldier Required]: 500
    -Special- Skill: Reroll first A/M of a battle if fails to hit.
    -Dexterity I: +5 Melee
    -Parry I: +5 Defense
    -Perception I: +5 Aim

Sharpshooter: 400
    -Special-Bead: Reroll all ranged attacks against the same target of a successful ranged attack.
    -Perception I: +5 Aim
    -Called Shot I: Reduce the penalty for a called shot by 5.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________

With that news settling into you, we would also like to take this opportunity to tease you with news of our newest project.

Battle Academy!

Take on the role of the Headmaster of a prestigious school for young officers and students of battle. Raise them through the years of the academy and help them find themselves and bring honor to your school.

Coming to a Forum near you in late Summer 2010

Arch Co. Expected Happiness Rating: A

-Admin-

Post Thanks / Like
    The smoke stacks of the factory have been clear for months, but now they come to life in a blaze and plume of billowing smoke. We here at Arch Co. have placed 5 golden tickets in 5 randomly selected forum games. These golden tickets are redeemable for an all expenses paid tour of our production facility. There will even be a special prize for one lucky gamer at the end of the tour.

Of course now that we have reopened our doors, that means we can once more provide the invaluable service of bringing you fun and entertainment.

Now we understand that in our time away, you have had to choose only from games by Fatguy Corporations and Drak Industries. We look forward to once again bringing you the quality games that you have come to know and love from us.

We wish to work most on the games that interest you above others. So we offer this chance to our customers to actually choose what game gets developed.

The choices are as follows:

Battle Academy
    Take on the role of the Headmaster of a prestigious school for young officers and students of battle. Raise them through the years of the academy and help them find themselves and bring honor to your school. Nearly 40 job paths to train your students. 30 unique building upgrades to customize your grounds and define the scholarly pursuits of your students. Design curricula, competitions, and ceremonies to make your academy the best in all the land.

Golem Wars
    Children play with small, cute animals. Men play with raging machines and constructs of indescribable magical might. You are a controller--a mage, engineer, or psychic of enough skill to control massive beasts of wood and steel. Customize your constructs with engines, runes, weapons and other equipment. Take your golem companion into the wilds of a world torn by war and strife, or simply unleash him into the Arena to decimate other constructs for glory and coin.

Mercs
    Running a successful business always has it's up and downs. Running a successful company of trigger-happy Mercs in giant mechanized suits is a thrill ride from hell. You're a former merc with eyes for a greater prize than a simple salvage salary. Build your force: Recruit pilots, Buy Mechs, Take contracts, and spend the sweet, sweet rewards. This is a management and customization game in which the pilots handle their own missions under general commands from you based on your ability to lead. The system will be contract/quest style. With full story/reports listed at the end of each mission.

War of the Sages
    Terra is at war. The beasts of the wild, the evils of the legion and the corruption of the empire are closing in on the kingdom. You are newly promoted commander in the king's army. It is your task to build your army, train your men, free your people and rise through the ranks of the military and society. Over 1000 combinations of units exist in this game. While players will not have second by second control of battles they will have complete control of their force make-up, their tactics and certain in battle strategies. This is another management game, but one with a definite RP element needed to maneuver through the hierarchy of the kingdom. Befriend nobles, earn land, betray friends, aid the people or rule them with an iron fist. These choices and more are yours to make.

Junkers
    Your small group of friends are the junkers of 118, a small settlement on the rim. Water and oil are the lifeblood of your people. In an apocalyptic world torn apart by poverty and war, your gang is looking to strike it big. Take the vast technical knowledge and nano-tech that you can find along your travels and build your new life. Design and build your equipment from scratch using the tools of your Junker trade. This game mixes elements of linear RPGs with a free flow character customization system.

Hammer and Shield
    In this RPG players interact freely within their world but receive bonuses for acting within their designated character tracts. This game goes beyond the normal hack and slash of fantasy RPGs by challenging the player to become immersed within the character of their choice. Another game from the land of Terra. Battle for your identity and your soul against beasts, demons, and your own morality.

Diaries of the Lost
    Something is different at New Bethlehem Hospital for the Criminally Insane. The hospital compound is the only structure on the small New England island. And one night in November, as a fierce storm threatens to bring the walls down around you, you discover memories of the past. You will take on the persona and path of a character on the island. This game will take each player on a psychological thrill ride which they may not survive. Of course, surviving might not be enough.

I hope each of these sounds great, and that you find something of true interest in it. Any feedback or questions are welcome! This is of course my xmas gift to all of you.

-Admin-

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    *Slow claps*

Battle Academy, Golem Wars, Hammer and Shield and Diary of the Lost all seem like very good/original ideas for games to run. But in truth I'd rather play Mercs or Junkers, for simplicity's sake. Battle Academy is quite attractive too though.

40k Forums' Epic Perv t0k0l0v3r's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    junkers honestly sounds like fun. Mercs, not so much...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Diaries of the Lost sounds very interesting!

Post Thanks / Like
    Golem Wars sounds almost exactly like Iron Kingdoms by Privateer Press

>.>
    <.<

My vote goes for Junkers or Shutter Isla - I mean Diaries of the Lost.

If the above post comes off with a negative tone, you're reading it wrong.

Post Thanks / Like
    i'm looking forward to golem wars and hammer and shield.
    oh and yay! Arch Co. is back!

"I might repeat to myself slowly and soothingly, a list of quotations beautiful from minds profound - if I can remember any of the damn things." -Dorothy Parker

Solus: "Lex has almost single handedly destroyed two of my games"
    DnD podcast with forum members below! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHW...n9QwascLv8gusg

In darkest Nightmare, and brightest Dream
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm liking the Ideas of 'Merc', 'Hammer and Shield', and 'Diaries of the Lost' myself.
    But no large, burly men in the nude slowly walking towards the player with arms out while singing Lada Gaga songs without moving their mouths in 'Diaries of the Lost' please.

And that concludes SGS' sugar induced crazy thought of the day.

The day will not save them. And we own the night.

Arch:
    If hope were short buses we could drive straight to the special olympics.

Power Corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.

Post Thanks / Like
    After consulting with the boards of directors of Arch Co, Fatguy Corporations and Drak Industries; we have decided that the best experience for everyone involved is Mercs.

I invite everyone who had input on another game to please inquire as to this endeavor, as I feel it best combines the aspects that I personally look for in a game. For those of you interested in diaries...I had not anticipated so much attention for it. I will consider running it as a short game in the near future.

Please look here for more information on Mercs! http://40kforums.com/vb/showthread.p...387#post522387

-Admin-

Post Thanks / Like
    This post has been replaced by a very special link!

Crystal Sage Chronicles

We at Arch Co. know you have a choice in game design companies, and we thank you for your support. Now we request that you help us make our new blog the #1 rated blog on the forum!

-Admin-

Post Thanks / Like
    So I haven't been doing my duty of continuing to update this thread with all the ideas that cross my desk. As you guys should know, since the last post here I have run 4 games. 2 on the forum, 1 in chat and 1 in real life.

Right now Hunters of Nyrr is going as I'd like. I believe it's picking up pace with people starting to get money and specialty hunts. I expect the game to last quite a while, so long as interest keeps up.

After its completion I will be faced with the difficult decision of: what next?

So here's what I'm toying with

Dragon Lords: Rebirth
    The apparently much anticipated sequel to Dragon Lords. Players take on the role of a young dragon, woken from its slumber centuries after they were thought extinct.

Diaries of the Lost
    The classic highly rated choice in horror driven forum games. Always on the backburner

Gob Stoppers 2
    The tribe successfully raided town and wizard tower in the first chapter....but now the wizard has sent adventurers to seek vengeance! The cave is under seige!

Kingpin Boogie
    An interstellar rock&roll romp through the underworld of the 23rd century. Space crime your way.

Heroes of Slumber
    The world's greatest adventures are held in dreams. Broomsticks become swords of truth. Pots and pans are armor fit for kings. And wooden soldiers are legions of faithful warriors. A colorful game that recalls the fantasies of Little Nemo and Alice.

-Admin-

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Kingpin.

LET THE GALAXY BURN!

Post Thanks / Like
    1. Kingpin

2. Dragons (For Lexi)

- Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. -

Me: "Moon of my Life."
    Sneggy: "Say it in Dothraki or don't bother at all."

Architech: "You ARE more prone to kill fictional characters than me. On the spectrum you're George RR Martin and I'm Seuss"

BAH! Gaming Tabletop Podcasts
    Formerly Silas

In darkest Nightmare, and brightest Dream
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tie between Dragons and Kingpin for me. Both sound good, and both would involve looting (creating it or taking it). So both ideas get the SGS seal of approval. Now if only I got to work on the SGS seal of approval....right now it would burn the eyes and soul.

The day will not save them. And we own the night.

Arch:
    If hope were short buses we could drive straight to the special olympics.

Power Corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kingpin sounds good to me as well. Lets kill everyone and steal everything, but in a futuristic way.

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem."
    -Ronald Reagan

<Sneggy> - ....
    what did you do? rape the dice gods daughter?