Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Upcoming Horus Heresy Novels

For all the fans of the HH that maybe dont have the time to look at the Black Library website, and to make you all suffer the pain when you see the release dates of the best looking ones :wink:

Nemesis - August 2010
    After the horrors of Istvaan V, Horus declares outright war against the Imperium. In the shadows of the Emperor's Palace, powerful figures convene.Their plan is to send a team of assassins to execute the arch-traitor Horus and end the war for the galaxy of mankind before it's even begun. But what they cannot know is that another assassin is abroad already, with his sights firmly set on killing the Emperor.

The First Heretic – November 2010
    Amidst the galaxy-wide war of the Great Crusade, the Emperor castigates the Word Bearers for their worship. Distraught at this judgement, Lorgar and his Legion seek another path while devastating world after world, venting their fury and fervour on the battlefield. Their search for a new purpose leads them to the edge of the material universe, where they meet ancient forces far more powerful than they could have imagined. Having set out to illuminate the Imperium, the corruption of Chaos takes hold and their path to damnation begins. Unbeknownst to the Word Bearers, their quest for truth contains the very roots of heresy…

Garro: Oath of Moment AUDIOBOOK - December 2010
    The legendary hero of Isstvan III and the Eisenstein, Nathaniel Garro, is famed for his loyalty and courage. He now leads a refugee fleet towards safety, but is pursued by the Warmaster’s forces. With so many lives at stake, Garro must use of all his ingenuity and bravery if the mission is to succeed.

Prospero Burns – January 2011
    The Emperor is enraged. Primarch Magnus the Red of the Thousand Sons Legion has made a terrible mistake that endangers the very safety of Terra. With no other choice, the Emperor charges Leman Russ, Primarch of the Space Wolves, with the apprehension of his brother from the Thousand Sons home world of Prospero. This planet of sorcerers will not be easy to overcome, but Russ and his Space Wolves are not easily deterred. With wrath in his heart, Russ is determined to bring Magnus to justice and bring about the fall of Prospero.

Garro: Legion of One – April 2011 AUDIOBOOK
    Nathaniel Garro, loyalist Death Guard, and hero of the Eisenstein, has found a new calling in his service to the Emperor. Surrounded by a cloak of secrecy, Garro travels the galaxy in pursuit of his new goal. His quest will lead him to heart of the most destructive warzones, and reveal a secret that will change the course of the Horus Heresy itself...

Age of Darkness – May 2011
    After the betrayal at Isstvan, Horus begins his campaign against the Emperor, a galaxy-wide war that can lead only to Terra. But the road to the final confrontation between father and son is a long one – seven years filled with secrecy and silence, plans and foundations being formed across distant stars. An unknown history is about to be unveiled as light is shed on the darkest years of the Horus Heresy, and revelations will surface that will shake the Imperium to its very foundation...

EDIT: 31/5/10

They shall be My Hammer, the sword in My hand, the gauntlet about My fist, the bane of My foes and woes of the treacherous. When no others may stand beside them, they shall fight. Only the greatest shall enter their ranks, for unto them do I entrust stewardship over the Gates of Hell

"Into the Fires of Battle, Unto the Anvil of War"
    Salamanders Legion XVIII

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Re: Upcoming Horus Heresy Novels

Originally Posted by Masshuu
    Nathaniel Garro, loyalist Death Guard, and hero of the Eisenstein, has found a new calling in his service to the Emperor. Surrounded by a cloak of secrecy, Garro travels the galaxy in pursuit of his new goal. His quest will lead him to heart of the most destructive warzones, and reveal a secret that will change the course of the Horus Heresy itself...
    This interests me....

I just bought the other two HH audiobooks so we'll see how this listening to stuff malarkey pans out....

If a topic is in the wrong place or has been Necro'd use the report button, don't spam the topic.
    Hobby Blog!
    Painting & Modelling Blog!
    Gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Originally Posted by Baragash
    Originally Posted by Masshuu
    This interests me....

I just bought the other two HH audiobooks so we'll see how this listening to stuff malarkey pans out....
    Let's hope it might be missing legion related.

Lemartes: you shouldn't have put the peanut butter on your balls then, tom.
    scythes: might not be a great idea to turn in a paper titled 'The Korean WAARRGGH!'
    Architech:Tom, No more crack (cocaine is a hell of a drug)
    ShadowSplicer: Tom is all knowing and wise, some cultures even accept him as their deity
    http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1288070818
    Maccaveli: even Tommunist, a guy who's normally the gamer equivalent of a care-bear with a weed habit, hates your guts. How did you even manage that?
    SiS: I'm sure if someone staged an assassination, that site could be just as big a tourist attraction with far less upkeep

Post Thanks / Like

Is Prospero Burns a continuation of thousand sons.If not already been done

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Same story from the other side basically.

If a topic is in the wrong place or has been Necro'd use the report button, don't spam the topic.
    Hobby Blog!
    Gallery

Post Thanks / Like

A story that was supposed to be release right after A Thousand Sons, not in the next year. Idiots.

Age of Darkness sounds good. There is this thing where, Istvaan 5 happens, then suddenly the Siege. There's never really an indication of what happens in between then.

Can't wait for the First Heretic. Hopefully they present Lorgar in a good (and by that I mean awesome, not good as in nice) light. He was spurned by his short sighted father so looked to other sources to worship. He has every reason to turn against the Emperor.

MINE!!!
    Children of the Emperor, death to His foes!
    Check out Blaze's Youtube!!! - http://www.youtube.com/user/Vigadeath
    Till All Are One

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The reason it's behind schedule is because Abnett was diagnosed with epilepsy in that time.

But of course... idiots

Hobby Blog!
    Gallery

Post Thanks / Like

Originally Posted by Baragash
    The reason it's behind schedule is because Abnett was diagnosed with epilepsy in that time.

But of course... idiots
    I know right. Taking time off for health issues is so unfair

Looking forward to these. I've been meaning to buy more of the Horus Heresy books. By the time most of these are released, I should be ready for them

The poster formally known as Tarion'Maseth

Post Thanks / Like

Really? Oh....shit, okay then, fair play.

MINE!!!
    Children of the Emperor, death to His foes!
    Check out Blaze's Youtube!!! - http://www.youtube.com/user/Vigadeath
    Till All Are One

Banned
    The darkest and most corrupt section of your psyche.
    Post Thanks / Like

Prospero Burns probably will be another disappointment...not really a heresey story but an ever-going battle and quest to kill brothers that were already disliked. Nemesis, a novel on the assasorium interests me. Hopefully it will be as good as Mechanicum(should have aftermath). The First Heretic should be a masterpiece.

p.s It took some months for Fallen Angels to come out, maybe it will be better because of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Originally Posted by DEATHorGLORY189
    Prospero Burns probably will be another disappointment...not really a heresey story but an ever-going battle and quest to kill brothers that were already disliked.
    Whah? The siege of Prospero was one of the most important events in the Heresy.

Boltrig-So Durandal, I understand youre a Demi-god? Thats fantastic!
    edmundblack-Durandal is the Crown Prince of Cleavage.
    My Painting Thread (you should definitely check it out!)
    Oh, fuck, it's the Eldar!!!

Rolling an 18 DrakonTheNightLord's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I do wonder if we need it told twice though..

Architech: Attempt to use the orb's power to increase your own through osmosis or something
    My Mod voice is bold. Feel free to PM me if you feel you can help the Forums in any way!
    Forum Story - The Horus Heresy Article Series

Post Thanks / Like

I was speaking to some GW staff yesterday, and one of them mentioned that Prospero Burns had been put back again from January. The other staff member hadn't heard that news though, so I have no idea how reliable that information may be.

Post Thanks / Like

Just updated my list, theres another Garro: audiobook comin out before the one I had put on the list first, either I missed it or it was added afterwards but it seems that Garro: is going to be an audiobook mini series.

They shall be My Hammer, the sword in My hand, the gauntlet about My fist, the bane of My foes and woes of the treacherous. When no others may stand beside them, they shall fight. Only the greatest shall enter their ranks, for unto them do I entrust stewardship over the Gates of Hell

Salamanders Legion XVIII

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Looks like a short extract from Nemesis was added to its Black Library page, for those who want to get their Custodes lovin' a little early.

The Black Library - Nemesis

Post Thanks / Like

If the whole book is as good as that extract its going to be a really good read. Thanks Sour

Salamanders Legion XVIII

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Don't think I've even seen any mention of the Custodes in any of the M41 books I've read so far, but they're quickly becoming my favorite group of the Horus Heresy timeline.

Post Thanks / Like

Blood Games? Short story about them.

The enemies of the Emperor fear many things.
    They fear discovery, defeat, despair and death.
    Yet there is one thing they fear above all others.
    They fear the wrath of the Space Marines!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Originally Posted by Interex
    Blood Games? Short story about them.
    That was one of the short stories in the Tales of Heresy book, right? Loved that one. I just haven't seen any sort of mention of the Adeptus Custodes in the modern timeline. Then again, I'm only slowly working my way through omnibus collections of the Horus Heresy authors, so my reading thus far has been restricted to Abnett's Inquisitor Trilogies and the Gaunst's Ghosts series, and McNiell's first Ultramarines Trilogy.

Post Thanks / Like

Probably wont read of them in the mordern timeline books, as they dont do anything anymore apart from staying in the palace.

The enemies of the Emperor fear many things.
    They fear discovery, defeat, despair and death.
    Yet there is one thing they fear above all others.
    They fear the wrath of the Space Marines!