Post Thanks / Like

Purple Sun of Xereus

Right, I've got a question: when the purple sun moves do models that are beneath the template when it finishes moving have to take the initiative test or do all models that lie beneath its movement path have to take the test?
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Purple Sun of Xereus

All models touched by the template as it moves. For some reason my last Lizardman opponent did not really like me continually trying to throw 6 power dice at it. :wink:

GW does not hate non-Space Marine armies. They just don't give a FAQ.

This song is totally the Battle of Prospero:
    LanceWarrior: "1st rule of 40k forums rule-lawyering: Don't argue with Baragash"
    Yahtzee: "It's like owning a giant swiss-army knife with 500 different little blades and one folds out into a mini-gun. There is no reason to use anything else."
    Clicky in case of emergency

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Also note, it also makes the caster take the test as well!

Poor 'ickle Slanns.

Vivi,

http://40kforums.com/imageupload/ima...bc9a32795e.jpg

Follow me on Twitter @ LiamCJordan

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

*le sigh*

In the event that question makes it into the FAQ you an bet your bottom dollar it won't affect the caster.

If a topic is in the wrong place or has been Necro'd use the report button, don't spam the topic.
    Hobby Blog!
    Painting & Modelling Blog!
    Gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I agree that if it does then they'll say it doesn't, however at the moment the way it reads it has too.

Vivi,

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I can see now why everyone loves it (or hates it) so much! Not something my High Elves will be using though, lore of death's a no-go area for them.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it also says under spell type that vortex spells . if they finish there movement ontop of a unit , " place it 1" beyond the unit it the direction it was moving".
    So does that mean all of other models in that unit are effected by this extra move?????

Post Thanks / Like

Originally Posted by victor
    I think it also says under spell type that vortex spells . if they finish there movement ontop of a unit , " place it 1" beyond the unit it the direction it was moving".
    So does that mean all of other models in that unit are effected by this extra move?????
    I'd assume so, since the vortex keeps moving.

GW does not hate non-Space Marine armies. They just don't give a FAQ.

This song is totally the Battle of Prospero:
    LanceWarrior: "1st rule of 40k forums rule-lawyering: Don't argue with Baragash"
    Yahtzee: "It's like owning a giant swiss-army knife with 500 different little blades and one folds out into a mini-gun. There is no reason to use anything else."
    Clicky in case of emergency

Post Thanks / Like

Its the purple sun of pure pwnage. I played my first few 8th games tonight, and we were testing out different magic schools. I had 3 tzentch heralds running the 25 point pick a lore power. I ran a shadow, death, and metal lore then had a 39 man horror squad doing dispelling on other bad things in horde formation.

I took my death herald and marched him 8 up the side then case steed of shadows on him with the shadow guy, he flew his happy ass 20 inches down to the side of my opponents army then proceeded to cast the big sun irresistibly and roll it down my opponents entire army 24 inches. It killed 41 models (empire lolz). Gave my 9 casting dice back, then my miscast was an 7 so since no one was in base to base I lost 3 casting dice to the roll and ended up with 7 dice left to cause more trouble. I then decide to just go for the gold and used the shadow guy to cast big pit, he hit it without an irresistible and swallowed up 14 more models. With the last die I dispelled his priests unbreakable bound spell on a unit he was with. Was a good day for demons, bad day for the empire.

For those that say demons I dead in 8th, I say harrumph!

Post Thanks / Like

well can't say I've seen anyone say daemons are going to be weak in 8th, but slightly more on topic, what peoples opinion on the purples sun functionality when combined with the dark elf item focus familiar, which allows the caster to place a marker and cast from that points line of sight & range - whereas the sun starts at the caster and moves out artillery x 3, I'm leaning towards it being invalid to cast the sun from the familiar but it does say to measure the range from the familiar so I'm a bit uncertain about it, any thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

I think BoLS, tossed Demons into the bottom rung of armies with Tomb Kings, which really do fall apart in 8th.

Not sure on the familiar but what makes the sun so nasty is it can't stop over a unit, so if you use the big template like i did, and they guy has just set up, that 24 inch sun ended up going almost 60 inches across his entire army because it had to get to an open spot to stop. I would say the purple sun is about the grossest spell ever made in Fantasy, its like virus grenades in 40k in terms of power.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Tomb kings are awesome in 8th, BOLS clearly doesn't know what it's on about, with even minium magic they'll get 2/3 incantations around, meaning you'll lose.

Vivi,