Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cheaphammer 40p: Jagannathan 8th - Command Squad & Finished! Page21.

Right then, next (major) project ... aweigh! So why "Cheaphammer 40p"? Well, this is a mission I've set myself which I reckon will be challenging to meet, but doable if I stick to it. Fact is, I've always had a thing for Marine bike lists, so when I made this one;-

HQ

Captain "Khan" on bike. DONE!

Command Squad, Champion, 3 Lightning Claws, 3 Melta Guns, 3 Storm Shields, Bikes: DONE!

Librarian, Epistolary, Bike: 185. DONE!

Troops

Bikes * 6, Attack Bike, Heavy Bolter, 2 * Flamers, Power Fist: 240 Power Fist, Flamers, Attack Bike & Heavy Bolter sourced. DONE!
    Bikes * 6, Attack Bike, Heavy Bolter, 2 * Flamers, Power Fist: 240 Power Fist, Flamers, Attack Bike & Heavy Bolter sourced. DONE!
    Bikes * 6, Attack Bike, Multi Melta, 2 * Meltas, Power Fist: 260 Power Fist, Melta Guns, Attack Bike & Multi Melta sourced. DONE!
    Bikes * 6, Attack Bike, Multi Melta, 2 * Meltas, Power Fist: 260 Power Fist, Melta Guns, Attack Bike & Multi Melta sourced. DONE!
    Bikes * 6, Attack Bike, Multi Melta, 2 * Plasma Guns, Power Fist: 270 Power Fist, Plasma Guns, Attack Bike & Multi Melta sourced. DONE!

Total = 2000

42 of 42 bikes sourced.

6 of 6 Attack Bikes sourced.

Current Spend: £-classified
    -

... I was rather pleased with it and thought "lets have a go!". So I added up the list-price of all of that lot, and excluding the sourcing of additional parts such as Plasma Guns, Power Fists etc, it came to a rather staggering £416. Which got me thinking, how inexpensive could it be to build this army? So I set myself a budget of £100 to get this list on the table. Ambitious? Yes. Possible? I think so, but it won't be easy!

This is the kind of source material I'm dealing with;-

I got this, along with another Attack Bike, Biker, Company Champion, Flamer Marine and Apothecary from a local trade-in shop for £8 the lot. If I average maximum £5 per Attack Bike and no more than £2 per Biker, I should be able to hit my target. As it is, I'm currently under it, which is a good start!

First of all, I put all the minis in a bag and put them in the freezer for a couple of hours. I then took them out and took them apart (the freezing make the glue more brittle) to get something like this;-

Then I soaked all the pieces in a mug of Dot4 Brake Fluid overnight and scrubbed them off with an old tooth brush and some soap and water. Afterwards, I was left with this;-

First biker to make was the Apothecary, for no other reason than I felt like it and had the proper arm and backpack! Had to get more paint out with a scalpel and remove all the mould lines and flash, and there's still one or two areas which might need some GS attention, but here is the first one of 48!

Not bad for £2 and a bit of elbow grease I think! Thoughts?

Incidentally, if anyone has any parts which they think might be useful to me (see List above), I'd be willing to buy or exchange some bitz for a reasonable amount, so please PM me if you would like to contribute to this project. Any and all help appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cheaphammer 40p

Hrm, is there anything EB doesn't dot hat's awesome? :O
    *wholeheartedly supports EB and his endeavours*

Let's just live!
    Day by day,
    and not be conquered by our sorrows.
    The past can't hold us down.
    We must break free!

Post Thanks / Like

So all you're missing are powerfists and multimeltas?

There is no peace among the stars, only an eternity of slaughter and the laughter of thirsting gods.
    Cast down the idols! Destroy the temples! slay the priests! Show these fools that they worship nothing more than a rotting corpse!
    Sanity is for the Weak! Your slavery to the false emperor ends today!
    Chaos daemon

Post Thanks / Like

That seems correct, after looking at his list...

Let's just live!
    Day by day,
    and not be conquered by our sorrows.
    The past can't hold us down.
    We must break free!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Originally Posted by vikinboere
    So all you're missing are powerfists and multimeltas?
    I currently have need of meltas and powerfists mainly, weapons for the Attack Bikes will normally come with them, but can be hit and miss. As such, some multi meltas wouldn't go amiss either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My bitsbox may just have several power fists. Do you have a deadline for this army?

Post Thanks / Like

I checked my bitbox, i only have chaos terminator powerfists left, i think those are to big to fit on a regular model.

There is no peace among the stars, only an eternity of slaughter and the laughter of thirsting gods.
    Cast down the idols! Destroy the temples! slay the priests! Show these fools that they worship nothing more than a rotting corpse!
    Chaos daemon

Post Thanks / Like

They have a couple of multimeltas on Bitzboz http://www.bitzbox.co.uk/index.php?cPath=21_27_169

Indeed do you have a dead line or preffered time frame for all this? I might have a spare fist or so in my new sprue, got a melta gun hanging around, and I hope to get some speeders and bikes soon so you can have them spares.

When I say soon I mean after moving from Yorkshire to Wales, getting a job, my birthday, best mates stag do, best mates wedding, missus birthday blah blah blah

Boltrig- Leonartes, IhateyouIhateyouIhateyouIhateyou!!!!
    my job here is done
    Originally Posted by Locke Carnelia
    ...balls to the wall awesome...
    My current projects http://www.40kforums.com/vb/showthre...-painting-dump

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

SoS - no deadline for this lot, it's very much a case of "as it turns up". If you've got some power fists spare, I'll gladly take 'em off your hands.

Vikin - propbably. If they're the same size as normal Terminators, far too big.

Leo - if you've a fist or a melta gun spare, that'd be sweet.

Chaps - thanks for any and all help, PM me so we can discuss details.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Da wurkshop neva furgets a donayshun, EB.
    I've sourced two power fists. One left handed, one right handed, both are pointy fingered 'go over there!' Type ones. I think one's from the devastators and the other's from an assault squad.
    That's all I've got, I'm afraid. If they're of any help, PM me an address to send these gubbins to and you'll be krumpin' in no time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cheers SoS.

If you're going to the meetup, you could just bring them with you and I'll get them from you then?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sure thing, I'll baggy them for then.
    I raided my secret cache. I have 11 RTB-01 right-handed power fist arms. They look okay, but in all honesty you'd want to cut them at the elbow and convert them onto new upper arms.
    You can have as many as you need. How many do you want?

Post Thanks / Like

I've checked the termie fists they really are to big, i only have plasmaguns and pistols i could part with sorry.

Chaos daemon

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sure thing. Two rtb-01's into your bag, total of 4 fists.
    I may just bring my box along, see what I can do for folks..

Post Thanks / Like

I've two land speeder multi-meltas laying around that I don't need; as well as a metal heavy bolter that looks like it came from the attack bike kit, as well as a couple of melta guns I'll be willing to part with. If you want any of them let me know, and I'll drop them in the mail.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That'd be sweet, thanks! I currently have two Multi Meltas for the Attack Bikes, so I need two more and two Heavy Bolters. I'm also in need of two more Melta Guns, so if you've them spare, that'd be awesome.

I think that's the weapons about taken care of now chaps, thank you all so very very much!

I'm also seeking at least one ornate power sword for the Captain, and perhaps a plainer one for the Champion. Does anyone have any for trade/buy? *hopeful*

Post Thanks / Like

ive got the swords that come in the ravenwing set 2 spare and also a multimelta i think its from the attack bike set, 2 melta guns 1 is painted red and about 4 power fists (2 space wolf) pm me if theres anything you want and ill get them sent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I might have an SM axe power weapon from... assault squads? plus two plastic meltaguns and an old metal one.
    You know, i'll just bring my box to the meet and you can have a rummage for what you want :/