Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3272808182
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 1635
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by Paladin327 View Post
    i have a question about this, if i was playing valhalla ice warriors and showed up with a few of these http://maxmini.eu/gothic-kv2-tank-heavy-weapon as leman russ tanks, still managing wysiwyg, if they fit my army theme, aka ww2 era russian guardsmen?
    I'd probably recommend you find someway to combine one of those with a Leeman Russ, at least... and use parts from both.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Sooo got a new one. People who try to apply their house rules to actual games outside of those rules.

So the wargaming club has a few 40k groups. The tournament players who are rarely seen bar for tournaments which they usually run, my lot who are the old buggers who've been playing for years and gone back to older editions as we can't be arsed with the new stuff and the kids usually around 12-15 who are playing the current stuff. Now the kids don't play completely by the rules and have their own things they go by but we let them do it as not playing us.

The grind comes from when one of the kids decided to join a combat patrol thing we did mainly because one of the guys wanted to try out the new genestealer cult rules just to see what they were like and we were one short of an even number. So said kid proceeds to play and tries to apply some of the rules his group uses to our games... safe to say that shit didn't fly. Kid complains about this is the rules he uses but we explain that we are using the actual rules and the force he builds gets destroyed.

Yeah safe to say the kid was not happy but yeah shouldn't play in a game if your not going to use the actual rules.

Oh and according to one of the guys me bringing 6 killa kans in combat patrol game is mean.

Dark Lord, owner and creator of the Arena of Death.
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.
    Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them.
    Don't take life too seriously; no one gets out alive.
    Orks, Tyranids, Skinks, Skaven, Cryx, Cygnar

3. Like Cap'n Crunch liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mean? What would be mean would be to bring 6 Morkonaughts.

Bacon Fondler Psychedelic Lictor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by Paladin327 View Post
    i have a question about this, if i was playing valhalla ice warriors and showed up with a few of these http://maxmini.eu/gothic-kv2-tank-heavy-weapon as leman russ tanks, still managing wysiwyg, if they fit my army theme, aka ww2 era russian guardsmen?
    Ask your gaming group before you buy seems to best option. A GW store won't let it fly. But a LGS or local group seems way more likely and so long as you're clear before the game starts I'd be happy to play against it. Similar dimensions for the tank would likely smooth things along too.

Ham and eggs: a day's work for a chicken; a lifetime's commitment for a pig.

Post Thanks / Like
    When your trying to write up your armylist, and it always comes up just short of the total points cost of what you want it to be.

I've recently being going over my current armylists for the armies I already have, and upgrading the armylists (but not the models themselves) by adding this wargear to that model, taking that away, etc.

Like nearly everyone else I like to plan my armies around blocks of 100's and 1000's of points (2000, 2500, 3000 etc.).

But does anyone find it irritating when you set a limit to the points that you want to use, and the final points cost comes up way below it?
    E.g. if your planning a 2500 point army, and after all the number crunching it comes up as 2483 points.
    Which means you then spend ages looking through the codex from cover to cover trying to find just some piece of Wargear and/or upgrade for a Character/Unit that cost about 15 points just to round it up to about 2500(ish).

And if your like me you'd spend ages looking all through the rules trying to find a piece of wargear or upgrade that costs about 15 points-and then realizes that there's nothing that you particularly like/need.

Take my Chaos Space Marines for example. The other day I started typing out a new armylist for them (same models, mind you, just with a new layout), and after some recalculating this army now stands at something like 2634 points (or something like that).
    If I want to use blocks of hundred points this means that I've either (a) got to find someway to knock 34 points of the current army configuration (which probably means removing a model or two from the Squads) or (b) finding an extra 66 points of Wargear and/or upgrades from the Codex (and after careful searching I've realized that there's nothing I want to add anyway).

So at the moment it's stuck at about 2634 points until I can figure what to do.

Last edited by Captain Jedathul; 23rd May 2016 at 13:55.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by Psychedelic Lictor View Post
    Ask your gaming group before you buy seems to best option. A GW store won't let it fly. But a LGS or local group seems way more likely and so long as you're clear before the game starts I'd be happy to play against it. Similar dimensions for the tank would likely smooth things along too.
    those are MADE for 40k, they just can't come out and say it...so they should be close when used for the right things.

-Admin-

LastChancer: "Arch, you are my hero"
    Lemartes: "Arch is truth"

Bah! Tabletop Podcasts: Arch DMs some 5th Edition DnD and Other Gaming too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Most places don't seem to care as long as you're incorporating GW parts or using the kits just because you like the design better. I can see them getting upset if you buy off-brand just to save money, but just as an example I bought a bunch of Anvil Industries bits so I could replace the stupid-looking legs on the Wulfen kits, and nobody seems to mind.

Post Thanks / Like
    orn into the existing universe with disastrous results (see: Tyranids, Tau).
    3) The entire focus of Games Workshop went into selling as many over-priced miniatures as they could by coming up with versions of their game that FORCES players to buy more miniatures. The game went from squad-on-squad to army-on-army, all - if you're of a sufficiently economically paranoid mind - to separate the average chump from his or her hard-earned monies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Winning a contest and not being able to figure out how to redeem the damn prize voucher.

11. Like Ann liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Pulling out an old resin kit to build it, that I've had sitting in my model pile for a few years, and being reminded of why they called it "Fail Cast" what with all of the holes, warped parts and so on.

Ann's Imperium: My gaming blog on Wordpress.

Post Thanks / Like
    Being ignored after contributing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Freakin' power outages. First my city's sub-standard power grid destroyed our washing machine now the GFCI on the back of our house blew and can't be reset. Now I've had to sacrifice my surge protector to run the washer and have to use my crappy laptop tonight. I also can't do any painting or converting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by nonamewight View Post
    ROFL welcome to forum life.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by nonamewight View Post
    Been there done that. I had a topic on Warseer that got its first response a year after it was posted.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've converted a Tesseract Ark out of the Ghost/Doomsday Ark kit and not had any problem running it yet.

Let's be honest here, the argument that it's seen less often so less well known? Most players won't be familiar with every unit in every enemy codex anyhow.