Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Chaos Space Marine Army List

Im still kind of new to Warhammer 40k this is the list that I have come up with so far can anyone give me any advice and or tactics.

Daemon Prince - 155
    -Wings
    -Warptime
    10 Zerkers - 245
    -Rhino
    10 Zerkers - 245
    -Rhino
    10 Zerkers - 245
    -Rhino
    3 Oblits - 225
    3 Oblits - 225
    Defiler - 150 Points
    -Close Combat Arms x2
    1490 Points Total

Post Thanks / Like
    I am in no way an expert, but I must say this is a very hard list to play with. It has very minimal firepower. Close combat oriented is fun, but hard to compete with. In my opinion, take out at least one squad of KB's, and replace them with some plague marines. I have tried a list like this, and lost quite a few times before getting the hang of it. Other than that, I have had nothing but great success with my daemon prince and obliterators. I have no doubt more knowledgeable members could go more in depth, but I would like to add my thoughts.

If all else fails, duck. It may not be a great defense, but is incredibly reassuring for a moment.

A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt.

CSM W/D/L: 5/1/2

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the pointer what do you think of this list then.

Daemon Prince - 155
    -Wings
    -Warptime

10 Zerkers - 245
    -Rhino

10 Zerkers - 210

Land Raider - 240
    -Daemonic Possession

10 Plague Marines - 315
    -Champion
    -Melta Bombs
    -Plasma Guns x2
    -Rhino

Defiler - 150 Points
    -Close Combat Arms x2
    1490 Points Total

Defiler - 150 Points
    -Close Combat Arms x2
    1500 Points Total

Last edited by Bret Hamilton; 13th April 2011 at 14:32. Reason: mistake

Post Thanks / Like
    I would drop 2 Berserkers from each squad and 1 plague marine. This frees up 107 points. With those points, add a champion to each of the zerker squads (30 points), give 1 a power weapon (15) and one a power fist (25), then give your PM champion a PF (25). Finally with the last 12 points plus the 10 you had left over, add a combi melta/plasma to both rhinos (20). This should put you at 1498.

This gives you a sneaky combi attack from your rhinos that players sometimes overlook, power fists to bust open tanks/walkers if you get into combat with them, or to help wound MC, and 5 power weapon shots from your PW champion on the charge (at str 5) which should kill you 2-3 guys in cc, denying their save.

Cheers.

Accept certain inalienable truths: Necrons will rise, invulnerable saves will fail, you too will deep strike off of the table, and when you do you'll fantasize that when you were young Necrons didn't come back, Terminators were gods and the scatter die always read "Hit".

Post Thanks / Like
    Alright I have refined my list a little more and took out the Land Raider as I have a game this weekend and don't own one yet but could you please tell me what you think of this list.

Daemon Prince - 155
    -Wings
    -Warptime

8 Zerkers - 248
    -Champion w Power Fist
    -Personal Icon
    -Rhino
    -CombiMelta

8 Zerkers - 248
    -Champion w Power Fist
    -Personal Icon
    -Rhino
    -CombiMelta

9 Plague Marines - 322
    -Champion w Power Fist
    -Personal Icon
    -Plasma Gun
    -Melta Gun
    -Rhino
    -CombiMelta

3 Oblits - 225

Defiler - 150 Points
    -Close Combat Arms x2
    1490 Points Total

Defiler - 150 Points
    -Close Combat Arms x2

1498 Points Total

Post Thanks / Like
    looks good to me

Accept certain inalienable truths: Necrons will rise, invulnerable saves will fail, you too will deep strike off of the table, and when you do you'll fantasize that when you were young Necrons didn't come back, Terminators were gods and the scatter die always read "Hit".

Post Thanks / Like
    im not a fan of khorne but fingers narrowed this list down very well. as a general rule if your new is to always have your champion and a fist. it dramaticaly increases your wounds dealt total which = happy chaos gods.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by commanderchaos View Post
    im not a fan of khorne but fingers narrowed this list down very well. as a general rule if your new is to always have your champion and a fist. it dramaticaly increases your wounds dealt total which = happy chaos gods.
    I am going to have to disagree, I have ran the numbers over and over I cant seem to justify the extra points for a power fist on a Skull Champion. Poer Fist is 25 points and power weapon plus melta bomb is 20 points. with the power fist yes I have Str 9 (on charge) and as great as that is vs. tanks to me its not worth the loss of my extra attack and In of 5 (on charge) vs. troops. Str 5 is a decent Str against almost anything with a toughness IMO. I run my zerkers in 10 man squads, so on charge I am throwing 41 attacks at WS5 Str5 and IN5 and of the 41 5 are power weapons thats alot of hit/wounds, most tanks are armor 10 in the rear with exceptions out there but few IMO so my Str5 is enough to burn them as well. if I seem to be missing something here please tell me. My World Eaters have been doing very well so far granted I dont do objectives like most I just play for the wipe of my enemy seeing how I have almost no good lone range weapons to bring to bear on them.

Post Thanks / Like
    The ability to kill an independent character is nice, honestly, I view the two as about even.

John / JT / Revenge
    Up for games and trades in CNY

Post Thanks / Like
    strength 5 is not going to take down armor 10.....peroid. if you dont play by tournament standards and are going to have unlimited turns or somthin like that thats fine.....but the ability to crush tanks and intant kill most characters seems pretty good to me for 25 points. wouldnt you agree? going from a six to penetrate to a 3 on most vehicles seems pretty good to me. and if you run weapon skill 5 vs 4 and tough 4 hitting on 3s with s5 you wound 1.8 times mathematicly. strength eight hits at one less attack of course gets you 1.99 wounds. not bad plus you get added versatility against monstrous creatures tanks and tougher troops.

and that was a general statement. i myself do not usezerks so i never thought of the strength 5 41 attacks. good point by the way. so i guess what i wanna say is any squad that isnt zerks should have a powerfist. and there are always exceptions to that rule.

as far as that list goes you may be better off taking the meltabobs since they are not a one off type thing.

Last edited by commanderchaos; 21st April 2011 at 20:42.

Post Thanks / Like
    the power fist is mainly for dreadnoughts and high toughness MCs. meltabombs wont help against a Nightbringer, and needing 6s to hit a dreadnought with 1 meltabomb isnt all that great either. Id gladly pay 5pts for 4 str 8 shots on the charge. Of course, if you dont fight armies with high toughness and dreadnoughts, go for the PW

Post Thanks / Like
    im with com chaos and fingers 5 points is nothing for the ability to one hit k.o their hq and wreck their armour, and btw isn't a power fist skull champ strength 10 on the charge??

Post Thanks / Like
    you have to do the double first then add the bonus makeing it nine, mabe I have to fight new people becasue I never have a charater problem that I need to insta kill it,to tell the truth my termies useing pick out any characters and squads they are with, I dont know about the dread thing as most people here dont use them.

Post Thanks / Like
    str 9 on charge.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by Prophet Talos View Post
    ... btw isn't a power fist skull champ strength 10 on the charge??
    BRB pg7 "Multiple Modifiers"
    is where everyone gets only S9 with a powerfisting skull champ.
    though IIRC grey knights are the only ones to break this as there codex has a specific power that happens before doubling

Armies:
    Chaos Space Marines (Primary)
    Eldar (Secondary)
    & Tyranids (but basically they're collecting dust )
    Grey Knights & Blood Angels (Dabbling with some conversions for smaller army lists / Allied Detachments)

Post Thanks / Like
    I would take as many Oblits as you can and run with Abaddon instead of the Daemon Prince. The Defiler is ok, but I have yet to use one and been glad I did so.

"I saw your Emperor. A handful of times, back in the age before he betrayed us all. And, he was no god. Perhaps not a man, but never a god." -Talos, 10th Legion, First Claw Night Lord

Current Record
    [27 NOV 2011 CSM] 11-14-8 [30 DEC 2011 SW] 2-5-1

Post Thanks / Like
    Abbadon
    3x Oblits
    3x Oblits
    3x Oblits
    10x Zerkers + personal icon
    10x Zerkers + personal icon
    4x Terminators

1500 points. You seem married to the Berserkers, I personally prefer Thousand Sons. The 3 Oblits squads gives you 9 plasma cannons a round or 9 las cannons, effectively handling any need for wiping mass units off the table, or countering vehicles. Abaddon is nasty and the terminators were thrown in basically as a filler, you could sub in a rhino or two, or maybe a vanilla daemon prince if you wanted instead.

Last edited by Haeslich; 1st May 2011 at 02:15.
    "I saw your Emperor. A handful of times, back in the age before he betrayed us all. And, he was no god. Perhaps not a man, but never a god." -Talos, 10th Legion, First Claw Night Lord

Current Record
    [27 NOV 2011 CSM] 11-14-8 [30 DEC 2011 SW] 2-5-1

Post Thanks / Like
    I have done some more research and came up with this list out of the stuff i have. i like the daemon prince to much to give him up. Plus my Imp guard friend i battle against hates him to much lol. I am gonna try this list out this weekend tell me what you think

Daemon Prince - 140
    -Wings
    -Mark of Khorne

8 Zerkers - 253
    -Champion w Power Fist
    -Rhino
    -Combi Melta

8 Zerkers - 253
    -Champion w Power Fist
    -Rhino
    -Combi Melta

8 Zerkers - 253