Who are you looking at ? commandojimbob's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Inquisition Models - credible alternatives for Henchmen

So Postman Pat came today and handed over my recent purchase - Inquisitor Coteaz !

Thats right, the beginnings of an inquisition force - though it will be a slow build up, as this is the forbidden 3rd army, so until i start buying tanks, i need to keep it from the Mrs

Anyway I have a 1750pts list now that I like the look of and I have now started to consider what models could be used as Henchmen. As we know henchmen have little model variety and what exists is metal and expensive - perhaps 2nd waves may release some models but I hazard a guess that wont be the case.

Anyway so far this is what I have come up with - butl ultimately I am looking at you, the great 40kforum community, to give me real credible alternatives and also tell me if what I am thinking is good/bad/possibility.

Acolytes
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Empire free company.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	3064Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Empire Handgunners.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	3065
    Crusaders

Name:	Bretonnian Men at arms.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	3066
    Now for the Acolytes I would need Lasguns / Meltas and Plasma weapons and for Crusaders they look ready to go. Of course I would need round bases, but how credible would this all be ?

For Deathcult Assassins - I am unsure - I was thinking perhaps Dark Eldar Wyches or even Dark Elf units - but mate thinks not.

Banisher with Eviserator - I am thinking Sisters Repentia

Name:	Sisters repentia.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	3067

Anyway thoughts people

CJB does.........bugger all at the moment as he is too busy playing DOTA 2 !

Necrons : Updated 5th December 2012 - Tomb Stalker built ! MORE COMING
    Inquisition : Updated 15th Sep 2012 - Ordo Malleus Inquisitor Progressed - Project Frozen

THANK YOU GW ! Thank you for the great game that is 40k you have built over years of hard work (honestly, no sarcasm, I AM A GW FANBOY - KEEP IT UP!)

Spherically Challenging edmundblack's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    One Joke-ero:

Alternatively:

Empire Flaggelents could make useful Henchmen, particularly Mystics and such. IG Psyker for similar as well.

Check out Hasslefree for good Henchmen too:

http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.u...hp?range_id=33

Daemonhost?

Post Thanks / Like
    I was planning a sisters of battle inquisition list around much the same thing.

Flaggelants box and empire free companys box. plus a bretonnian men at arms box and your pretty much set aside from the guns. All 3 kits can be mixed and matched with ease as well.

Thought about Dark Elf witch elves for death cult assasions? or even the executioners or black guard? though all 3 are metal so dont really help with the pricing issues.

How about the mordheim sisters group? they had some funky blind chick with knives.

I mean, I like shouting insults and gesticulating with a sword at a bunch of guys as much as the next guy....but this is ridiculous

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting - cheers both ! The Dark Elf models could well work - yes expensive, but you get 5 models for £12.60 (GW price) which considering most metal models are £6-9 each - thats still good value !

Bidding on a Callidus and Vindicare Assassins on Ebay - so i probably wont get to mass infantry yet but I will certainly be looking to buy, paint then buy, paint !

Inquisition : Updated 15th Sep 2012 - Ordo Malleus Inquisitor Progressed - Project Frozen

THANK YOU GW ! Thank you for the great game that is 40k you have built over years of hard work (honestly, no sarcasm, I AM A GW FANBOY - KEEP IT UP!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Ooooo - looking at the Warmachine models , there is loads of potential here !
    Deathcult Assassins - Menoth Daughters of the Flame
    http://www.arcaneminiatures.co.uk/mi...l.asp?ID=32472

Menoth seem to be some religious faction - plenty of nice overtly religious themed models here - especially for psykers and mystics