Who are you looking at ? commandojimbob's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Inquisition Models - credible alternatives for Henchmen

So Postman Pat came today and handed over my recent purchase - Inquisitor Coteaz !

Thats right, the beginnings of an inquisition force - though it will be a slow build up, as this is the forbidden 3rd army, so until i start buying tanks, i need to keep it from the Mrs

Anyway I have a 1750pts list now that I like the look of and I have now started to consider what models could be used as Henchmen. As we know henchmen have little model variety and what exists is metal and expensive - perhaps 2nd waves may release some models but I hazard a guess that wont be the case.

Anyway so far this is what I have come up with - butl ultimately I am looking at you, the great 40kforum community, to give me real credible alternatives and also tell me if what I am thinking is good/bad/possibility.

Acolytes
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Empire free company.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	3064Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Empire Handgunners.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	3065
    Crusaders

Name:	Bretonnian Men at arms.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	3066
    Now for the Acolytes I would need Lasguns / Meltas and Plasma weapons and for Crusaders they look ready to go. Of course I would need round bases, but how credible would this all be ?

For Deathcult Assassins - I am unsure - I was thinking perhaps Dark Eldar Wyches or even Dark Elf units - but mate thinks not.

Banisher with Eviserator - I am thinking Sisters Repentia

Name:	Sisters repentia.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	3067

Anyway thoughts people

CJB does.........bugger all at the moment as he is too busy playing DOTA 2 !

Necrons : Updated 5th December 2012 - Tomb Stalker built ! MORE COMING
    Inquisition : Updated 15th Sep 2012 - Ordo Malleus Inquisitor Progressed - Project Frozen

THANK YOU GW ! Thank you for the great game that is 40k you have built over years of hard work (honestly, no sarcasm, I AM A GW FANBOY - KEEP IT UP!)

Spherically Challenging edmundblack's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    One Joke-ero:

Alternatively:

Empire Flaggelents could make useful Henchmen, particularly Mystics and such. IG Psyker for similar as well.

Check out Hasslefree for good Henchmen too:

http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.u...hp?range_id=33

Daemonhost?

Post Thanks / Like
    I was planning a sisters of battle inquisition list around much the same thing.

Flaggelants box and empire free companys box. plus a bretonnian men at arms box and your pretty much set aside from the guns. All 3 kits can be mixed and matched with ease as well.

Thought about Dark Elf witch elves for death cult assasions? or even the executioners or black guard? though all 3 are metal so dont really help with the pricing issues.

How about the mordheim sisters group? they had some funky blind chick with knives.

Originally Posted by Tarion'maseth
    But you know that when it's time to party, you want the keg, not the 6-pack :Wink:
    Originally Posted by SourImplant
    Last time someone said to me "we should go drinking together," a coworker ended up with his pants around his ankles and duct-taped to a palm tree on Universal Blvd in Orlando.

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting - cheers both ! The Dark Elf models could well work - yes expensive, but you get 5 models for £12.60 (GW price) which considering most metal models are £6-9 each - thats still good value !

Bidding on a Callidus and Vindicare Assassins on Ebay - so i probably wont get to mass infantry yet but I will certainly be looking to buy, paint then buy, paint !

Inquisition : Updated 15th Sep 2012 - Ordo Malleus Inquisitor Progressed - Project Frozen

THANK YOU GW ! Thank you for the great game that is 40k you have built over years of hard work (honestly, no sarcasm, I AM A GW FANBOY - KEEP IT UP!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Ooooo - looking at the Warmachine models , there is loads of potential here !
    Deathcult Assassins - Menoth Daughters of the Flame
    http://www.arcaneminiatures.co.uk/mi...l.asp?ID=32472

Menoth seem to be some religious faction - plenty of nice overtly religious themed models here - especially for psykers and mystics