Post Thanks / Like

Post 1500 Points Blood Angels Tournament List

I've made alot of sacrifices and compromises compared to previous lists. This is what I've come up with that will cover all the bases I like to play in an army within the points limit.

HQ

Reclusiarch
    Bolt Pistol, Crozius, Rosarius
    130 pts

TROOPS

5 Man Death Company
    Bolt Pistols, Chainswords, Power Fist
    125 pts

Land Raider
    2 Twin-Linked Lascannons, Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter, Extra Armour
    265 pts

10 Man Tactical Squad
    Meltagun, Missile Launcher
    175 pts

Razorback
    Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter, Storm Bolter, Extra Armour
    80 pts

5 Man Assault Squad
    Remove Jump Packs, Meltagun
    110 pts

Razorback
    Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter, Storm Bolter, Extra Armour
    45 pts

5 Man Assault Squad
    Meltagun
    110 pts

ELITES

Sanguinary Priest
    Bolt Pistol, Chainsword, Blood Chalice
    50 pts

Sanguinary Priest
    50 pts

Sanguinary Priest
    50 pts

FAST ATTACK

5 Man Vanguard Squad
    Jump Packs, Power Fist
    175 pts

HEAVY SUPPORT

Predator
    Autocannon, Lascannon Sponsons
    135 pts

Reclusiarch and death company go in the land raider with a sanguinary priest. Priest adds an extra man to the sqaud and gives furious charge and feel no pain to the chaplain. They are going straight at the enemy.

The razorbacks go in behind the land raider and capture objectives and/or support the land raider. Sanguinary priests in both to add survivabilty and capability.

The half of the tactical squad with the missile launcher can sit back on an objective and/or support. The assault squad on jump packs can play the mid field and intercept anything trying to get through to my objective.

The Vanguard have taken the terminators place and are no longer a suicide squad (big step for me) . Somebody pointed out how heroic intervention can make or break a game so their job is to arrive and attack a high value target and then support and/or contest after their main job is done.

Again the predator is there for long range support and in an objective game it will deploy away from the objectives, but in sight of as many as possible or at least my own so it forces desicions on the opponent whether to engage the predator or ignore it and get shot to pieces.

On the tabletop I'm hoping this list will prove greater than the sum of its parts as everything works together. There's nothing in the list that hasn't got a specific function. I've tried to include as much speed and resilience into the list and capturing ability while having enough supporting units to get the job done.

Last edited by Mr Sanguine; 23rd April 2011 at 15:11.
    '' I am right, ergo you are wrong ''

The only Forum Zombie Angelofblades's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    You have 12 KP's at 1500 pts... I have 12 KP's in my 2k list...

You need more Death Co, and honestly, honestly, add an Inferno Pistol the the reclusiarch, I promise you, you will find it rewarding. Bump your DC to 7 man, add 2 PW's.

Switch the LR to an LRC or LRR to save point and for the love of all that is holy add a Multi-melta to it.

Drop one of the priests, and all that Extra armor, it's not worth it on AV 11. Give the Sg'ts of your assault squads Power weapons, and add another Vangaurd, add in 2 power weapons and a Melta bomb as well. Heroic Intervention can make or break a game, but you have to ensure that the VV are properly equipped. It doesn't do well for your VV to come in, charge and have all their attacks bounce off power armor, because that's exactly what will happen when you don't have power weapons. A lone power fist isn't going to cut it, also by adding a Melta bomb marine, you back up the power fist in regards to taking out tanks. Drop in, charge a tank, hit it with a melta bomb, if you don't blow it, hopefully you immobilize it, then the PF which strikes at I1, auto hits.

Honestly, I don't believe in BA tacticals anymore. They're simply not worth it, when I could just have 10 assault marines w/ 2 Melta guns and a PW/ Infernus pistol Sgt, so I have options on whether I deploy them or Deep Strike them in and pop armor.

Good judgement comes from experience, alot of that comes from bad judgement
    [quote="Tahaal"]And AoB, git ova' 'ere. I want to make love to you.
    [quote="The_Peacemaker"] Everytime he uses it I look away.
    [quote="LT Claws"]EDIT: Dude Angelofblades you said it all. You=Awesome
    [quote="spruecutter"]may whatever diety you worship bless you AoB.