Post Thanks / Like

1500 point ork army list

Hi, I'm looking for some feedback for my brother army's. He wants to start collecting orks using the ork army in the Assault on black reach as a basis for his army - probably just going to buy the 2x ork part of the army off ebay as it fits quite nicely! Anyway I'm not an ork player, but I've whipped up this list with him and we're looking for some feedback on obvious stuff we've missed!

Ork Warboss - Power claw, cybork body, 'eavy armour, slugga - 125 points

Big Mek - Kustom Force field, 'eavy armour, slugga, mek's tools - 100 points

9 Nobz all with 'eavy armour - 2 power claws, Waaagh Banner, boss pole, painboy - 325 points

with battlewagon - grot rigga, stikkbomb chucka, red paint job, 4 big shoota's - 125

5 Loota's with deffguns - 75

20 ork boyz - 2 big shoota's, slugga's and choppa's, nob with power claw and bosspole - 170

19 ork boyz - 1 big shoota, slugga's and choppa's, nob with power claw and bosspole - 159 points

2 x 2 Deffkopta's with Kustom Mega blasta - 160 points

2 x battlewagons - grot rigga, red paint job, 4 big shoota's - 120 points each

1479 points (any idea's for the 20 extra points?) 59 infantry. 3 Vehicles.

Basic idea is too rush the battlewagons towards the enemy and try to do as much damage as possible with the initial charge. Deffkopta's get close and deal with any heavier vehicles and TEQ's, whilst the loota's sit at the back of the table (preferably in cover) and deal with the lighter stuff, ie transports. There's not many models on the table is my biggest concern. What do you think?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I would use the leftover points to give a couple of the nobz a big choppa. Furthermore, I would perhaps shave the size down to 7 models and try and squeeze in more lootas. A unit of five won't do very much. I suggest at least 10.

In addition, I suggest swapping the KMB on your deffkoptas to TL rokkit launchas. That reroll is very useful. Also, you might want to consider swapping the big shootas in your ork mobs with rokkit launchas for more armour popping goodness.

Follow me on twitter: @CALelicious
    Raven Guard 890

Originally Posted by daddy4count View Post
    Nothing warms my heart like a mob of 30 boyz tearing up space marines. Except maybe a mob of Nobz tearing up marines.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Originally Posted by incubus View Post
    Also, you might want to consider swapping the big shootas in your ork mobs with rokkit launchas for more armour popping goodness.
    I agree that rokkit launchas are better than big shootas, but not for that reason. If you have a mob of 20 Orks and two have rokkit launchas, you're wasting 18 shots to try and score a hit on those two. Should be running instead to get that power klaw in range.

When you look at rokkit launchas in a Boyz mob, don't even think about the fact that they can hurt vehicles. Don't be distracted by that idea at all. Instead think about how those two shots -- as a bonus to the other 18 models in the unit firing -- can ignore power armour, ignore Feel No Pain on T4 models, and insta-kill T4 or lower multi-wound models like Tyranid Warriors, Nob Bikers and Space Marine Librarians.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Originally Posted by SourImplant View Post
    Should be running instead to get that power klaw in range.
    But I expect that the mobs will be rolling in the battlewagons? So no running..?

Raven Guard 890

Nothing warms my heart like a mob of 30 boyz tearing up space marines. Except maybe a mob of Nobz tearing up marines.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Originally Posted by incubus View Post
    But I expect that the mobs will be rolling in the battlewagons? So no running..?
    But I expect the Battlewagons will be moving more than 7" each turn to get the Boyz stuck in? So no shooting?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Originally Posted by SourImplant View Post
    But I expect the Battlewagons will be moving more than 7" each turn to get the Boyz stuck in? So no shooting?
    Touché!

Raven Guard 890