Post Thanks / Like

Tau Empire or Imperial Guard?

Hi guys I used to be a space marine player back when i was 5. Yes I know i was a bit young. When i turned 6 I started to dislike warhammer and inevitably quit. I am now 13 years old and was looking for a new army to play. I haven't really visited that many games-workshop 'shops' because i don't like their prices >.> so i was wondering what army should i play.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I've checked both races out exclusively (by that i mean sitting on my computer 5 hours a day doing research) and out off all the races they appealed the most to me. I don't know why but i have quite a taste in WWII Imperial Japan and i like the concept of mass warriors screaming Banzai! (For the Emperor or something) and that's where i got the likeingness (my own word for imperial guard.

Story Line: The imperial guardsman outnumbered the Heretics 10 to 1 but the Heretics kept pushing the imperial line back. As a desperate last resort, Commissar Sebastion Yerrick stood in front of what was left of his force and said

"Men! Today We will fight what the Emperor has declared the Heretics! We outnumber them 10 to 1 but that does not tell the whole story! They have driven us into a corner. If they prevail they will use this planet as an orbital command center to direct attacks straight on Holy Terra. We cannot let this happen! We are the last line of defense. Our space marine brothers are busy protecting our flank. We must prevail! You have all served under me well and have served greatly as the Emperor's Hammer! So i ask you all to come with me and make one last charge against the heretics. Fix Bayonets! Charge! For the Emperor!"

Imperial Guardsman Army: BAAANZAAIII!!!!

The entire imperial guard line charged out of they're trench straight into heretic lines.
    There we're billions of guardsman on the charge all screaming "For the Emperor" and later being torn apart by heretic Bolt-guns. What few guardsman (A couple million) got to the Heretic line was torn apart by chain-swords. Wave after wave. Thousands dying in mere seconds. After an estimate of 29 million casualties, the guardsman finally broke through the Heretic line. The heretics were overwhelmed and led to an Imperium Victory!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now why i like the Tau Empire: I am Asian (not to be racist) but i'm your typical Asian minus the small eyes i like rice and stuff but most importantly i like ANIME and MANGA and i love the way crisis suits look! and i also like the Fire Warriors Plus any thoughts on giving them katanas? They would look really cool (--im gonna add some stuff that doesn't follow they're actual fluff so bear with me ) well anyways here's theyre story line/fluff:
    The Tau forces were fighting vigorously all over the city trying desperately to buy time for the civilians to escape the Ork Horde. Being outnumbered 10 to 1 the remaining Tau forces which consisted of a Cadre of Crisis Suits and 73 Fire Warriors regrouped to the Center of the city making a circular wall of Tau forces around the fleeing civilian transport trips. A Scouting Gun Drone spotted the Horde and the Tau forces readied themselves. A Pulse rifle went off. A Fire warrior yelled out "For the Greater Good!" And the fighting started. Crisis suits racing out towards the enemy to buy some time. Fire warriors firing and firing at what seemed like an endless horde of orks. The transport ships were finally heading out but the tau forces were dwindling. Each crisis suit taking down 20 orks in hand to hand combat and violent fire fights before falling and for every 5 orks a fire warrior was killed. They just kept coming. But then just then a squad of some of the Empire's finest crisis suits appeared. The Gundams! (Yes i had to ) One of the few crisis cadres that were all human. Colored white with red and blue they charged with larger scaled power swords. "They're speed was incredible" said a lone fire warrior "You would see one suit and then you would blink, then you notice the suit was gone but what was left was a about 20-30 orks. It was incredible! Killing dozens by the dozens the Gundam cadre bought enough time to evacuate all the other crisis suits and all the fire warriors. With that done the cadre jet packed off the planet's surface trailing to evacuating soldiers. It was a victory but a this victory came with many casualties for both sides. Noticing this the Water Caste we're able to reach a diplomatic situation with the orks and a short cease fire was in affect.
    OK i know the tau fluff want so "good" but hey its 2 in the morning and i'm tired.
    Well my opinion pros and cons for both sides

Tau:
    Pros:
    -I like they're look. ANIME STYLE FTW!!!
    -They're Range
    -They're actual fluff
    -When you put swords on them they look epic
    Cons:
    -They're close combat is crap (I don't like the use of kroots which leads to con 2)
    -I hate the look of the kroots
    -I hear that the Tau are starting to lose they're edge :'(
    -I don't like the look of they're tanks (i don't know why)
    -A lot of people are saying they use tau as a secondary army or they're taking a break from Tau and using another army which reduces my confidence and drives the question "Will i get bored and waste all my money?"

Imperial Guard:
    Pros:
    -I like how they look
    -I like history so they're bayonets attract me (I'm not gay -.-)
    -I like the bayonet charge it just seems cool
    -I like the idea of putting in 90 shots (I heard from someone that they did that somehow with one platoon or squad or something)
    Cons:
    -They die really fast
    -Will they fit my budget?
    -Does it get boring building mass infantry?
    (I'm going to build a mech and a meat grinder army if i go guard)
    -I want bayonets on ALL they're lasguns/flashlights.
    -I'm not good at painting flesh so high five for crappy faces. lol
    BTW This is my first post so yeah.
    Peace!

Post Thanks / Like
    Recently I made this exact decision and chose tau. Well I would go for tau for a few reasons. Firstly you are clearly passionate about how cool they look (and they do!) and secondly a new codex is set for release soonish, so that will bring it's rules up to date. In my opinion loving your models is the best way of enjoying the hobby, as you will want to paint them more and play with them more. But it's you're choice, so do as you wish! Hope this helps. Please visit my YouTube channel - just search for shoz95 on YouTube

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks man btw i subbed

"'If the king does not move, his subordinates will not follow."

Post Thanks / Like
    Tau are notoriously hard to play, but so can IG be at times. I worry youll struggle to win with Tau if youre going to turn your back on the Kroot from the offset, thats going to limit your options quite a bit (not that i know much about Tau).

From personal experience with IG id say theyre both very fun but also very frustrating, and the ridiculous amount of options you have is going to bleed your wallet dry...

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't play either im an Eldar player but from what i have seen played IG will do better in CC than Tau that's not saying much. Tau have awesome firepower and should be able to almost destroy most everything with Strategic Firing (Firing the right units at the right enemies before or after other units you have) hope that makes sense but kroot are ok in CC but get them in some cover and they will help dont kill the cow before you milk it. IG will last a little longer but not by much. By the way wicked cool stories like a movie in my head not bad for being 13

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Tau army and an Imperial gaurd army but the gaurdsmen are definately my favorite. If you love the idea of a bayonet charge use Commissar Chenkov, you'll get a 50 man conscript squad that replaces itself whenever it gets killed. Also the imperial gaurd can take squadrons of tanks SQUADRONS! however getting enough imperial gaurdsmen for that can be expensive so I suggest getting them second hand considering that getting that squad of guys will cost you $150 out of the box.
    I had an idea of how to solve the kroot problem though, why not get some catachans and consider them human auxileries (gue'la) the Tau have been known to do this. Just add some power cells or something from the leftover fire warrior weapons to represent the fact that the gun is stronger than a las rifle. Oh and if you dont like the tanks you can just use broadside battlesuits you're just sacrificing some mobility and a blast template.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know this really doesn't pertain to much to the topic, i'll give my opinion anyway. Tau have alot of potential compared to the guard. The tau can still be worked on, can still be well....... "completed".