Post Thanks / Like

Necron (1000 points friendly but competive)

I know that my opponent will be grey knight but I rather want to make an universal army list. As for models I only have 1 Cryptek and all the models of the previous Necron codex. I have ordered new models but they will arrive after my upcomming battle.

HQ

Necron Overlord (Joins the Warriors)
    Phaeron
    (Warscythe, Resurrection Orb, Tachyon Arrow, Phase Shiftter.) 205 points

Royal Court
    -Crytec Harbring of Enternity (Joins the Warriors)
    (Chronomtron & aeonstave) 40 pts

Troops

20x Necron Warriors
    260 points

5x Necron Immortals
    (Tesla Carbines) 85 points

Fast Attack

6x Canoptex Scarabs
    90 points

Heavy Support

2x Canoptex Spider
    (1x gloom prism) 115 points

Monolith
    200 points

Total 995 points.

The idea is here that I want my Necron Lord to survive. (Kinda hard when your dealing with any enemy that has many force weapons.) His Orb and Phareon rule will give the warrior squad a much needed boost. Crytek with the Chrometron will allow me to reroll a single dice in each phase that means beside a re-roll for invunerable save, Reanimation or ld (for not letting the unit) flee in the CC phase also gives me a re-roll to hit, penetration/wound or even the vehicle damage table when I fire the tachyon arrow in the shooting phase. In creasing the odds that the 1 shot will do something nasty.

The Monolith has two function. One is to screen my scarabs and Spyders and two heading towards an objective. So I can later teleport the immortals there to claim it. The fire power it has is just an extra bonus.

What would happen? If 4 models representing all my 4 armies would talk to each other.

Space Marine says: Kill all Xenos!
    Eldar says: Well this is going to a civilized conversation, MONKEIGH!
    Necrons says: 01010100010101
    Dark Eldar says: Hold on everyone! Before we are starting to have an enjoyable little slaughter has anyone seen my Cocaine? I serious need to get high!

Come On, Brofist yWizePapaSmurfy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Again lacking in the anti-tank with a 1-shot Arrow and outside that Scarabs if they're lucky/Monolith? Yeuch but hey I may have the wrong idea entirely about so many Necron players thinking Glances kill tanks.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Post Thanks / Like
    You don't need to kill tanks, just lock em down. Gauss does that fine until your 2-3 dedicated AT units (spyders, scarabs, etc) can come and clean up house. Only problem I have is the 20 man warrior unit. That'll get swept in combat asap.

W/L/D (1v1/)
    Eldar- 22/2/2
    Necrons- 4/2/0

The best of men can swallow victory with the same taste as defeat.

http://aeviaan.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Firstly;
    Originally Posted by Dragonknights View Post
    I rather want to make an universal army list
    THANK YOU! Getting fed up of the opening statement of 'this army is to fight x'.- That's a good outlook to building a list, stick with it!

I'd agree with Aeviaan, you've only got 2 troop choices and one is a massive magnet for CC. I'd be tempted to split them or to include another unit. As it stands you only have 2 scoring units, that's only a MAXIMUM of 2 objectives (unless you spread them out but with Necrons? Probably not a great idea!). It's still possible for sure but you're leaving yourself open!

I'm not sure about having your Lord with Warscythe in with the Warrior unit of that size. The Warscythe will barely help you at all with that many Warrior models so i'sn't really going to do that much.

I'd also be a bit wary about having both HQ's in with the one unit. The Cryptek probably won't have that much use for the Aeonstave, again, especially with so many other models that can get swept in CC. I realise that the Chronometron can help prevent that but it's still a big chance.

I'm still n ot personally convinced with the Gloom Prism, it might be useful but there's never going to be THAT many psychic attacks and there will probably not be that many that TARGET the Spyder.

I'd look at reducing your HQ points and bulking out your Troops a bit more.

And to sarcastic Smurfy; I'm pretty sure most Necron players are well aware by this point that glancing does not kill tanks

Salags Paint Blog
    Now with UPDATES!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I know this isn't the best list you can make. But with the current stuff it's the best I can make. There is another list I would want to make but I don't have the models yet. They are in order and will arrive after my match, I know the one huge warrior squad is a magnet but there is a little tactic here in play. This worked in the 3rd and 4th edition with old codex and though rules have chanced I actually see a new opportunity.

Originally Posted by Salag View Post
    Firstly;
    THANK YOU! Getting fed up of the opening statement of 'this army is to fight x'.- That's a good outlook to building a list, stick with it!

I'd agree with Aeviaan, you've only got 2 troop choices and one is a massive magnet for CC. I'd be tempted to split them or to include another unit. As it stands you only have 2 scoring units, that's only a MAXIMUM of 2 objectives (unless you spread them out but with Necrons? Probably not a great idea!). It's still possible for sure but you're leaving yourself open!

There is a little tactic going on over here. You see having a magnet means you can predict what your opponent will do. I actually want to lure him/her to the spot where the warriors are. Since my lord makes them relentless I will be moving them, shooting them and lure my foe into a trap ready to get the receiving end of the scarabs and spyders. When the enemy does get to close I will use the Monolith portal to teleport them away before they get stuck into CC which I have of course deployed a bit farther away. The portal has now an unlimited range so I could in theory put it on a objective and in latter turns emerge a scoring unit on it. True you can't place 22 models from out the portal so there will come casualties but it will be better then get stuck into CC. Plus you can always make the Reanimation Protocal at the end of the moving phase for models you removed as casualty.

I'm not sure about having your Lord with Warscythe in with the Warrior unit of that size. The Warscythe will barely help you at all with that many Warrior models so i'sn't really going to do that much.
    The unit is relentless thanks to the overlord so it can move and still shoot at maximum range. Useally 3 inch movement is enough and you can then move 6 inch with your lord and cryptec to be sure they will be where you need them.

I'd also be a bit wary about having both HQ's in with the one unit. The Cryptek probably won't have that much use for the Aeonstave, again, especially with so many other models that can get swept in CC. I realise that the Chronometron can help prevent that but it's still a big chance.

I'm still not personally convinced with the Gloom Prism, it might be useful but there's never going to be THAT many psychic attacks and there will probably not be that many that TARGET the Spyder.

I'd look at reducing your HQ points and bulking out your Troops a bit more.
    Tempting and I will when my new models arrive. But I need to have Ghost Arks to let that work. I will then play with 3 troops choices with two of them boarding those arks and my lord will then Ride into his personal chariot. And Crypteks will become harbingers of destruction giving me anti tank shots on those arks plus giving me the solar pulse. I will use the Arks as mobile gun boats. Need to calculate the costs but I will if it fits in the army add a doomsday ark.

And to sarcastic Smurfy; I'm pretty sure most Necron players are well aware by this point that glancing does not kill tanks

What would happen? If 4 models representing all my 4 armies would talk to each other.

Dark Eldar says: Hold on everyone! Before we are starting to have an enjoyable little slaughter has anyone seen my Cocaine? I serious need to get high!

Post Thanks / Like
    If you keep your spider near your giant warrior unit, he will protect them (possibly) from GK librarians Initiative test or die power that will most likely be used to anihilate your army should the opponent take a libby. I know that is where I would go.
    "Hmm giant 21 man squad with a lord? All initiative 2 you say? Charge!"

Accept certain inalienable truths: Necrons will rise, invulnerable saves will fail, you too will deep strike off of the table, and when you do you'll fantasize that when you were young Necrons didn't come back, Terminators were gods and the scatter die always read "Hit".

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by Fingers View Post
    If you keep your spider near your giant warrior unit, he will protect them (possibly) from GK librarians Initiative test or die power that will most likely be used to anihilate your army should the opponent take a libby. I know that is where I would go.
    "Hmm giant 21 man squad with a lord? All initiative 2 you say? Charge!"

Hmmmm would it be better if I upgraded the cryptek to a Harbringer of Despair with veil of Darkness? And Exchance the Monolith for something more anti tank?
    Okay would this list be better because now I no longer need to use the monolith to get away and it has more anti tank in them?

HQ

Necron Overlord (Joins the Warriors)
    Phaeron
    (Warscythe, Resurrection Orb, Phase Shiftter.) 175 points

Royal Court
    -Crytec Harbring of Despair (Joins the Warriors)
    (absyssal staff & veil of Darkness) 60 pts

Troops

20x Necron Warriors
    260 points

7x Necron Immortals
    (Tesla Carbines) 119 points

Fast Attack

3x Heavy Destroyers
    180 points

6x Canoptex Scarabs
    90 points

Heavy Support

2x Canoptex Spider
    (1x gloom prism) 115 points

Total 999 points

Last edited by Dragonknights; 11th November 2011 at 07:34.

Post Thanks / Like
    The only problem with teleporting a 21 man blob is that is one big ass foot print that could possibly mishap. Though Im not even sure you could fit 21 models within 2 inches of the monolith door.

Accept certain inalienable truths: Necrons will rise, invulnerable saves will fail, you too will deep strike off of the table, and when you do you'll fantasize that when you were young Necrons didn't come back, Terminators were gods and the scatter die always read "Hit".

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by Fingers View Post
    The only problem with teleporting a 21 man blob is that is one big ass foot print that could possibly mishap. Though Im not even sure you could fit 21 models within 2 inches of the monolith door.
    1000 points on a 4 to 6 feet table? Unless there is impassable terrain there little chance of landing on a enemy unit if you deploy far enough safely.

Post Thanks / Like
    Suppose so. Whenever I teleport I do so to get close to the enemy so I can rapid fire with my squad into his. Id imagine a spiral of 21 guys will be a larger base than a monolith. /shrug