Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here are a couple minis that I painted for a client a while ago but never got around to posting.

From what I could tell, he plays*a little bit of every faction.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like those axes, nice work as always.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are a couple of fun little minis I painted up from The Forgotten King set.

I'm not sure that there's much more to say about them. The NMM was fun:

Post Thanks / Like
    I often get to paint up forces in some pretty interesting color schemes, and here's a nice example.

This force was going with an all blue theme- the core color for Tzeentch. The part that made it really shine was the fact that most of the minis were affiliated with other chaos factions. So, if you ever wondered what Khorne or Nurgle characters would look like if the Changer of Ways got to them, here they are.

The other thing that made this force special is the fact that many of these chaos warriors are converted from Stormcast eternals. My client did the conversions, but I really think they turned out great and go to show just how easy it is to corrupt Sigmar's elite.

Post Thanks / Like

This is my fav color combo. I love this one.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brother-omnio-2.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	27242  

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a little while ago, I got to paint up a full force of Stormcast Eternals riding various drakes.

I was a little surprised by just how many Stardrakes fit into the force, and there were quite a number of Dracothian Guard as well (I only got a couple of them photographed).

Here they are in their glory.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tzeentch has always been my favorite of the Chaos gods. It might have been how the Lord of Change reminded me of a Skeksi.

Since then, Tzeentch has gone through many incarnations- with the rise and fall of M'Kachen, and the introduction of Fateweaver and Ahriman. Horrors went from funny little chibis to wild messes of tentacles and back again, flamers went from headless fungoids, to bird skull monsters and later to a jumble of gibbering firey mouths.

Here is the current Tzeentch chariot for a Chaos Demon force:

Now, I had previously painted up quite a few blue and pink horrors for this force, so he had me paint his Brimstone Horrors.

They're pretty fun little guys, and very numerous (here's just a sample of the many brimestone horrors that are part of this force).

And there's a sorcerer:

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by odinsgrandson View Post
    Here is the current Tzeentch chariot for a Chaos Demon force:
    That looks fantastic! Love the flamework. Even feels hot.

- Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. -

Me: "Moon of my Life."
    Sneggy: "Say it in Dothraki or don't bother at all."

Architech: "You ARE more prone to kill fictional characters than me. On the spectrum you're George RR Martin and I'm Seuss"

BAH! Gaming Tabletop Podcasts
    Formerly Silas

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a set of Tzeentch Daemon characters that I painted for a client. I've painted quite a few daemons for this force over time- I find I really love the bright blues and pinks of Tzeentch.

Flames are very present throughout the Tzeentch force- but with so many magical flames, the colors for them can vary quite a lot- blue, pink and orange flames all get their day in the sun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Recently, I've had a couple Menoth forces cross my table. This one was made up primarily of warjacks, with a glorious Feora at the helm.

I'll post a more infantry centered one later.

Post Thanks / Like
    Some of your most proportionally cool work. Just...'right' for the models. Always loved these guys looks wise, just never really cared for them outside of that. Cygnar, Trolls and a little Baldur for me.

That fire is badass!

-Admin-

LastChancer: "Arch, you are my hero"
    Lemartes: "Arch is truth"

Bah! Tabletop Podcasts: Arch DMs some 5th Edition DnD and Other Gaming too!

Post Thanks / Like
    One of the minis that first got me into gaming was the old Lord of Change.

This was a good while back- in those days, a Lord of Change was mounted on a square 40mm base, and wasnít much larger than the ogres of the day and they fit into a blister pack.

The new Lord of Change may very well be the best mini Games Workshop has in its lineup. A very fine piece indeed, and Iím happy that Iíve gotten to paint it a few times now.

Here are two of them (for the same force).

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow

Post Thanks / Like
    I painted these just a little while ago to match a clientís RPG party. They are all 3D prints from Heroforge, where you can choose from a wide array of options for characters.

3d printed minis present a bit of a challenge for painters, as the grain is often visible in a few spots. There are a variety of ways to overcome this, including sanding and gloss, but ultimately you just need to be very careful with your shading.

For each of these, I got some pretty specific instructions on their color scheme. Here they are:

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are two minis that I really love. I love how the Super Dungeon Explore setting has the princesses as the prophesied heroes that will eventually overcome the dark lord. No waiting around to be rescued for them.

Princess Emerald is really full of character. I love the steampunk feel she has. I chose a color scheme based on her namesake. I'm planning on doing this with the other princesses as they come out.

This Princess Ruby is a re-sculpt. To be fair, I was quite fond of the original sculpt for Princess Ruby, but I recognize that as the style of Super Dungeon Explore evolved, she was a little left behind (Ruby would be far shorter than her sister princesses at least).

And I was quite happy to paint her up again. As with Emerald, my color scheme was based on her namesake:

So we're waiting on the Super Dungeon Arcade box to come out so that I can have a go with Princess Amethyst next.

Post Thanks / Like
    guh I need to catch up on my SDE

Odin, are they still using that incredibly hard plastic on the new sculpts?

-Admin-

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by Architech View Post
    guh I need to catch up on my SDE

Odin, are they still using that incredibly hard plastic on the new sculpts?
    They switched plastics after the core box, and they've been refining it since then. They're also getting a lot more detail out of the sculpts (which is why they're replacing the old core box soon.

They're still in PVC, but some parts of them are harder and other parts are softer. It is clearly done intentionally, as long capes that would bend under their own weight tend to be made from the harder plastic.

Once in a while, they'll do a release in resin, but those aren't common.

Post Thanks / Like
    I live near them...I clearly need to go raiding...as I love the models and the game, but it's been a long time

-Admin-

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, Iím a fan of the Final Fantasy series, and one of the things that I like to do is convert chibi minis into some of my favorite videogame characters.

Naturally, one of my favorites is Auron from Final Fantasy X. Heís such a badass.

I started out with the Goemon mini from Ninja All Stars (which is a fine mini in its own right). Everything that isnít Goemon was made from green stuff. All together, I think he came out rather well.