Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233
    Post Thanks / Like
    What models did you bash together to make this? Looks great!

- Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. -

Me: "Moon of my Life."
    Sneggy: "Say it in Dothraki or don't bother at all."

Architech: "You ARE more prone to kill fictional characters than me. On the spectrum you're George RR Martin and I'm Seuss"

BAH! Gaming Tabletop Podcasts
    Formerly Silas

Post Thanks / Like
    When Super Dungeon Explore first hit the scene, I almost immediately wanted to start making characters from some of my favorite 16 bit JRPGs.

For some reason, my favorite characters in Final Fantasy 6 were always the least central ones, but the chances that Sodapop were going to make a suitable Mog or Umaro mini was pretty low. So, when I saw that a local Blood Bowl commissioner had some Big Foot Minis for sale, I had to jump at the chance to make an Umaro. I only had to adjust the hair a little and it was perfect.

For Mog, I started out with a Giri creep from the Super Dungeon Goro set (I ended up with lots of extra Giri after the Forgotten King Kickstarter.

Anyway, here they are:

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by Solus View Post
    What models did you bash together to make this? Looks great!
    He's a Wolfen. I sculpted the armor plates on. The sword is and gun are from Stormcasts, and the harpoon itself is from a Cryx Warjack.

4. Like Solus liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really love the sculpting and style of Infinity miniatures. They've got terrific detail on them, and can really lend themselves to almost any composition you'd like.

The big mechs are especially lovely minis- here are a few that I've had the chance to do up:

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a big fan of JRPGs, and one of the things that I started doing right after I started painting up chibi miniatures was convert them to match some of my favorite characters.

Here is a party of Light Warriors from the very first Final Fantasy game. Only the White Mage has been converted- for each of the others, there was a Super Dungeon mini that just worked for it.

I intend to finish out the set with the last two classes. The Black Mage mini is part of the Super Dungeon Legends kickstarter, while the Red Mage will have to be converted.

It is undisputed that you need a fighter in the front rank.

Black Belt is pretty useful- especially if you want to save some of the money you'd normally spend equipping a character.

I based them on the original colors from the Nes Final Fantasy. It really shows up with Thief here, who underwent an extreme makeover for the remakes.

And here's White Mage in all her iconic glory. I really had to consider whether I was giving her a staff or hammer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Iíve loved Blood Bowl for a long time, and I was super happy to see Games Workshop bring it back (ok, some of us were playing the whole time, but it is still great to see their new minis and boards).

Hereís a team that I got to do for a client. Iíve always favored the Bad Moons, so I was really happy that he wanted these guys in Bad Moon Yellow.

Post Thanks / Like
    The dragon king is a very majestic mini. Like most Kingdom Death minis, he's exquisitely detailed, and simply oozes character.

In addition, he's also large enough that it is hard to get a photograph of him that keeps everything in focus.

I was very happy to have a chance to paint him up. I got to do a lava face base for him (something that I'll probably do something like this on my own Dragon King when I get around to painting him up).

But enough words:

Post Thanks / Like
    The Dung Beetle Knight is one of Kingdom Death's more iconic monsters, and one of the more difficult ones to deal with. Here is a DBK that I got to do for a client.

The mini is absolutely fantastic- the hardest thing about painting him is that he's been painted up very well quite a few times before- it is a little bit tough to make him unique and awesome at the same time.

I shaded and highlighted the green with some contrasting colors to give him the effect you see here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are the minis that I painted up for my Widower's Wood set. I've always loved Gatormen, and these minis were all loads of fun.

One thing to note is that Widower's Wood makes use of the different colored plastic used for the minis. If you paint them up, you need to have a way to tell them apart.

I've seen people paint the bases in bright colors, or paint the whole minis in red or blue, but I prefer a more subtle approach. There are marks on the bases that I painted in red or blue, and I found places on the minis to express these colors as well (feathers, or the fade on the back fins and such).

Well, here they are:

Post Thanks / Like
    When some warlocks and warcasters go epic, they don't change all that much. This is not the case with Thagrosh, who seems to be slowly transforming into a full on dragon.

For this project, my client wanted me to create a very different look for Thagrosh. I pitched him a couple ideas, and he really loved the concept of giving Thagrosh the Magma Dragon treatment.

So here he is, in all his fiery glory.