Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Ashkalon Resistance - Mission 2 Turn 20 (Pg25)

The planet Ashkalon, once a thriving industrial world rich in resources and technology, has been invaded, plundered, and devastated by the Green Tide. Massive factories and deep mining facilities, once the hub of life and activity, have been brought to ruins and laid waste across the entire planet. The surface is crawling with greenskins, some building ramshackle huts and dens as they begin to settle on Ashkalon’s surface, but the majority ransacking and pillaging the last of the spoils as they prepare to depart and move onwards through the galaxy, desperate to wreak havoc and destruction wherever they can.

However, far beneath the surface of this forsaken planet, a remnant remains. A last pocket of humanity, clinging desperately and resiliently to what “life” they have left. In truth, it is not a life - merely the absence of death - but the grim determination of these few remaining souls causes them to strive on, refusing to lie down and die at the hands of the savage Orks.

These hardy survivors, just like the Orks on the surface above them, have sought to scrape together whatever pieces of equipment and technology they can salvage. However, unlike the Orks up above, down in the depths of the mines of Ashkalon there is not enough to go around. Only the most experienced fighters in the Resistance have access to the heaviest armour and the most powerful weapons, for to lose one of these valuable pieces of equipment would be a huge blow.

You are one of these survivors. You begin with the very basics in training and weaponry, and with no armour. You have not yet earned the right to be trusted with anything more valuable. Yet the situation is dire, and you are needed to fight for the cause. With much fear and trepidation, and yet stoic determination, you are placed in a unit with some fellow Resistance fighters. The Greenskins have found the mines and are delving deeper in search of scrap and plunder. The survival of the last thread of humanity on the planet depends on your strength and courage.

Rules and other details can be found here.

Sign up by posting below, and if you could pick a colour for yourself, then that'd be great! Any colour that the forum can handle, because the mission map will be colour coded so we know who is where, and I'll have your name and profile edited in the first post in the appropriate colour. Don't choose green or you may be the victim of friendly fire (I'll be using green for Orks), and we should probably let Drakon have red, because I'd feel a little cruel otherwise! We'll have a max of 8 players for the first mission. I'll give the sign-up period 48 hours (unless it fills) and then I'll introduce Mission 1 and we'll get this party started.

Players:
    1. Loner (180XP)
    S:4; MS:5+; Rd:-; RS:6+; AP:-; W:1; Sv:-; B:1
    -Medic Lv.1

2. Drakon (205XP)
    -Medic Lv.1

3. Scythes (0XP)
    S:4; MS:5+; Rd:-; RS:5+; AP:-; W:1; Sv:-; B:1
    -Ranged Lv.1

4. Kilroy (195XP)

5. TheDarkPwner (140XP)
    -Auspex Lv.1

6. SGS (275XP)
    S:4; MS:5+; Rd:-; RS:5+; AP:1; W:1; Sv:-; B:1
    -Ranged Lv.1
    -AP Lv.1

7. PyroSikTh (345XP)
    S:5; MS:5+; Rd:-; RS:6+; AP:-; W:1; Sv:6+; B:1
    -Fast Lv.1
    -Armour Lv.1

Ork Profiles:
    1. Snotling
    S=6 ; MS=6+ ; Rd=- ; RS=- ; AP=- ; W=1 ; Sv=- ; B=1 ; XP=10

2. Squig
    S=8 ; MS=5+ ; Rd=1 ; RS=- ; AP=- ; W=1 ; Sv=- ; B=1 ; XP=15

3. Grot
    S=6 ; MS=6+ ; Rd=- ; RS=5+ ; AP=- ; W=1 ; Sv=- ; B=2 ; XP=15

4. Runtherd:
    S=6 ; MS=5+ ; Rd=- ; RS=6+ ; AP=- ; W=1 ; Sv=6+ ; B=3 ; XP=30 ; Special Rule: "Command: Snotling; Grot" (Can transfer own AP to any snotling/grot model within 6 inches at the start of the turn)

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be Mister Orange!
    (Resevoir dogs anyone? )

(40k)Overall Record W-L-D = 21-24-13
    Bataviran 197th/222nd Catachan "Iron Wolves", arrogant, dedicated and ruthless!
    (Infinity) Overall Record W-L-D = 2-2-2
    Ariadnian Combatgroup, "Schulze's sh*t!"
    Originally Posted by DrakonTheNightLord
    I know killing Loner in all games is kind of a tradition now but he's just a very bad player... and he's doing it again now.
    OR, he's bluffing. Loner you bastard.

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't read every little bit yet, but what I have looked over this looks interesting and pretty well planned. I'll be in.

<Sneggy> - ....what did you do? rape the dice gods daughter?

Old School Arena of Death

Post Thanks / Like
    Just giving this a cheeky bump!

Also, I feel like it would be good to let people know that there are 14 different classes of Orks in the game ranging from teeny tiny ones to big massive ones, ones with different stats and some with extra special rules.

Rolling an 18 DrakonTheNightLord's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    This isn't getting the amount of players it deserves... care to extend the sign up deadline until more join, Xarboth?

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
    My Mod voice is bold. Feel free to PM me if you feel you can help the Forums in any way!
    Forum Story - The Horus Heresy Article Series - Muh Blog

Post Thanks / Like
    I could do. But it feels a little bit like there's not so much interest in it after all, so I don't know if putting it off for another couple of days will make a difference? I've wondered about allowing a second wave of players to join a few turns into the first mission if there are any latecomers.

I'll postpone the start until Monday. I'll post the first mission brief up at the 48 hour deadline, but I'll not start the game until Monday morning. It's the kind of game where people can join in between missions anyway, but I can have a second wave entry point midway into the first mission too. We'll see if it attracts more attention once it actually gets going.

Post Thanks / Like
    “Gentlemen, we’ve had reports that the greenskins have been spotted not far above us. It’s imperative for our survival that their presence is not allowed to seep down here into the lower levels. We’ve traced their presence back to two long disused service shafts that once brought supplies down from the surface. At the moment there is still very little Ork activity around the service shafts. We believe that only a few of the smaller greenskins have actually found them, and are probably hoping to clear out what loot they can get their filthy claws on before the bigger, more stupid ones hear about the shafts.

“We need those shafts sealing up. It shouldn’t be too big a job - you recruits should be able to handle it. But be careful. We don’t have any surveillance anywhere near those shafts, so you’ll have to scout as you go. Here, take these explosives and do what you can to block up the shafts. Clear out any enemies you come across, too.

“Oh, and one more thing: You might all want to come back alive.”

Primary Objective: Seal both service shafts. (Worth 50XP)
    Secondary Objective : Kill all enemies. (Worth 25XP)

Mission-specific Rules
    Explosives : You have each been equipped with 1 pack of explosives. To use these, stand on an “Ork entry shaft” marker and use the “Detonate” action. This mission-specific action will cost 4AP
    Ork Entry Shaft : Each turn on a roll of 5+ an Ork entry shaft will spawn D3 orks. In addition, every 5th turn on a (separate) roll of 4+ a slightly bigger ork will be spawned.
    Deployment : You will begin the mission in the room marked A. Your starting square will be decided at random by me.

Starting map: (More of the map will be discovered as players explore further. At the moment the door to the room is closed, and therefore blocking line of sight, so you can only see the first room!)

Once again, the mission/game will start on Monday. Sign-ups continue for now, but I wanted to post the first mission brief up to see if it attracted any more attention.

Post Thanks / Like
    Takes a monocle out of his pocket and places it in front of his right eye.
    "Colonel Loner is ready for duty, sir!"

I know killing Loner in all games is kind of a tradition now but he's just a very bad player... and he's doing it again now.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you're still looking for more people, I'm interested! I'll be Pink or something.

"Kilroy was here"
    The Game.

Goblins 2/0/0

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Sign my up! Luv me some space hulk. Played it a few times, not got everything set, but im a quick study. One thing of note, can you do a simple pic on the line of sight thing, i need to fully understand what i can and cant see. always gave me trouble in space hulk.

Last edited by The Dark Pwner; 30th January 2012 at 01:17.

Post Thanks / Like
    Son of a corpse god....I so wanted to choose green. Suppose Blue will have to do.

The day will not save them. And we own the night.

Arch:
    If hope were short buses we could drive straight to the special olympics.

Power Corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, I've edited you all in. Great to have some last minute sign-ups. A quick explanation of LoS with pictures:

In the bottom picture, you can see that line of sight is unlimited range, and will reveal all map tiles in sight (because I can't show one square or half a tile - I can only show the whole tile in the map editor!). Doors block LoS, which is why the Mission 1 start only has that one tile visible.

The middle picture shows how LoS uses an arc to the front of the player (kind of like hull-mounted weapons on 40k vehicles).

The top picture shows that you can see the first square of a side-passage if you are within 6 squares of it. I did think about scrapping this rule because it might be over-complicating things, but basically if you can move into the passageway by using 6AP, then I'll allow you to see (and shoot) anything in the first 1 square of the side-passage.

Does that make sense?

I have to go out for a couple of hours now, but when I get back I'll randomise your starting squares within the start room, and kick things off fully.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thats great, thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, here are your starting positions. I randomised them by rolling a D3 for each of your vertical and horizontal positions, in order of sign-ups, from earliest to latest, and re-rolled both dice if the square was already occupied (if anyone's interested!)

Mission start! Go ahead and discuss/submit your moves. This is obviously a team game, so feel free to discuss it all first. You can't open a door unless you're directly next to it (i.e. not diagonally).

There's no set format for posting your moves, but it might make things easier for me if you post them in bulletpoints (e.g. below):
    AP1: Forward 1
    AP2: Forward 1 and free shot
    AP3: Shoot
    AP4: Diagonally forward 1 (right) and free turn 90 degree (right)

(I just chose those actions completely at random - but I hope that makes sense?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    AP1: Move right
    AP2: Open Door

OOC: are we allowed to mix and match when we each use our AP? or do we each have to use it in one go?

Post Thanks / Like
    AP1: Move Forward
    AP2: Move Forward
    AP3&4: Overwatch

Decided to turn my dancing into something useful!

Last edited by SGS; 30th January 2012 at 20:54.
    The day will not save them. And we own the night.

Arch:
    If hope were short buses we could drive straight to the special olympics.

Power Corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.

Post Thanks / Like
    You have to use it all in one go, I'm afraid. For what it's worth though (since it's the very first turn), I can tell you that it's a straight corridor and there aren't any Orkses on the map yet.

SGS, remember you can move through each other as long as you don't end the turn on the same square.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Then continue with the following please:

AP3: Forward
    AP4: Forward

Post Thanks / Like
    -Diagonally
    -Forward
    -Forward
    -Forward, if not possible, polish monocle.

Post Thanks / Like
    AP1:Forward
    AP2:Forward
    AP3:Forward
    AP4:Forward

"Kilroy was here"
    The Game.

Goblins 2/0/0