Come On, Brofist yWizePapaSmurfy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

2 Armies; First 6E(1 with Allies); first game of 6E thoughts with first list

Share the think-tanking, first up is the list I used today in a 2v2 2k each game to learn the rules at the LGS. No self-imposed restrictions other than I didn't want to ruin people's hobby with 7 flyers, so I only took 4. ("only" ) Sharing bits of the battle while I go through things.

Mission: Purge the Alien (Victory Points)
    Deployment: Hammer & Anvil (Short Edge to Short Edge)

Went against:

IG:
    3x Plasma Vet units; 2x Melta Company Commands; all in Chimeras
    3x Vendettas
    1x 2 LRBTs - Lascannon hull mounts
    2x 2 LR Demolisers - Lascannon hull mounts
    ...Not much else...Hey guys it's the dread 5E IG Mech army! Only now it's buffed with Squadrons not being a detriment to take, and the Vendettas are Flyers! And on TOP of all that he's got the nasty short-edge to short edge deployment going for him. IG are loving life...right? Well 1 - He's a trooper bud so nothing against him and 2 - We shall see. His partner in crime:
    Salamanders:
    Vulkan + 5 TH/SS Termies in a Land Raider Redeemer with a Multi Melta
    Librarian (using Pyromancy IIRC; one power being the melta beam the other, I don't know) + 5 TH/SS Termies in a Land Raider Redeemer with a Multi Melta
    2x 10 Tactical Marines (Melta, no heavy) in Rhinos
    1x Ironclad Dreadnought - 2 HK Missiles; Melta; Heavy Flamer
    I don't remember anything else he had, seems small but it IS a notorious Double Land Raider army, so numbers seem right? Anyways between both guys we had to worry about:

- Lots of AV 14 (At least facing our front)
    - A end-of-worlds 10 TH/SS Termies (Well, at least I think so, though as you'll see, I overestimated them, they're still much more annoying)
    - Good ranged support with Vendettas/Leman Russ Squadrons

My partner:
    Chaos Space Marines (Nurgle-themed)
    3x Nurgle Daemon Princes with Wings (iirc)
    1x Typhus
    Attached to - 10 Chaos Terminators with Power Axes and 4 Combi-Plas, 4 Combi-Melta; 2 Reaper Autocannons
    4x 5 Plague Marines - 2 Plasmas; Champion with Fist in Rhino
    1x Aegis Defense Line with a Icarus Lascannon
    FAQ helped this list immensely with straight up Toughness upgrade and FNP working even vs Power Weapons, means his Plague Marines could feasibly tarpit weakened Terminator units due to getting FNP from S8. He mainly looked forward to Vector Striking with his Daemon Princes and the Terminator unit being implacable/anti-elites of enemy forces. Onto mah list! --
    HQ: 1 Necron Overlord: Warscythe, Mindshackle Scarabs -115
    / Catacomb Command Barge: Gauss Cannon -80
    My standby, Warlord, rolled up -1 to opposing Reserves rolls, kinda bad potentially for my Flyers vs other Flyers. Other than that, performed badly this game as really had little to do and died fast.
    HQ: Illuminor Szeras -100
    with -> TR: 8 Necron Immortals: Gauss Blasters -136 (rolled increased Toughness)
    Anchor unit; not really needed in 5E but in 6E they shine more and it really pays the figurative bills to have a nice brick of solid all-round firepower. First time playing with the Illuminor, pretty damn fun for his meager cost.
    EL: 5 Necron Lychguard: Hyperphase Swords & Dispersion Shields -225
    + Necron Lord: Warscythe; Resurrection Orb -75
    / Night Scythe: TL Tesla Destructor -100
    With the Necron FAQ adding Invasion Beams, these guys are all a sudden back on my "use" list. Excellent defense/cc, only the Lord can CC Termies but the rest can tank their hits. Definitely now has the speed with a Night Scythe to pick their target and avoid challenges the Lord doesn't like, but I suppose I could try to throw Mindshackles on the Lord to save him a bit more...Next list improves to allow that.
    TR: 5 Necron Warriors -65
    + 'Harbinger of the Storm' Cryptek: Voltaic Staff -25

AKA the Necron suicide melta units, zoom 36", get out and glance-to-death vehicle of choice. These units dealt with the Land Raiders like they weren't there to begin with, very annoyed Termies, though D: Flyers went on to zoom down-range because opposing Flyers didn't come in to shoot them down and so were able (with their turret 360 vision on guns) to get rear shots on the Leman Russ Battle Tank squadrons their last turn before they would leave the table and promptly, between them and a Wraith unit, wiped those out no problem (Rear 10, tsk tsk)

FST: 3 Tomb Blades: TL Gauss Blasters -60
    FST: 3 Tomb Blades: TL Gauss Blasters -60
    Thought: More glances/annoyingness, right?
    Fact: They were useless, ranges were too far for them to try and dive in to glance something to death and the Cover on the table meant they were on counter-deterrence duty

FST: 4 Canoptek Wraiths - 2 Whips, 1 Pistol, 1 Naked -165
    FST: 4 Canoptek Wraiths - 2 Whips, 1 Pistol, 1 Naked -165
    Well I poo-poo'd on these before but now that I don't need to spam Flyers as people are bound to take bigger than MSU, these guys find their place in that 1 - Rending is possibly better anti-terminator than most things in the Necron army and 2 - They can tank shots off other stuff for a bit. If not, can hide and be counter-chargers. Sorry people I poo-poo'd for using them!

HVY: Annihilation Barge: TL Tesla Destructor & Gauss Cannon -90
    Did their normal thing, but one died 2nd turn to a lucky snap-firing out-of-12" Multi Melta from a Land Raider. Da nerve!

HVY: Doom Scythe: Death Ray & TL Tesla Destructor -175
    The only flyer shot down by the enemy, guess people don't like Laser beams of S10 AP1...wonder why...

Anyways the game was frantic with lots of death everywhere and VPs ended up at 13 my team, 10 opposing. Close for how bloody it was! I do say though the HP system is definitely a nerf for Vehicles and flyers, as much as I love them (especially Crons), I wanna say they're broken. Emplaced guns? You only get 1 Fortification and I can shoot the squad away from the gun OR the gun itself potentially, or the fact you only get 1 per turn from Interceptor means a full on "jerk" mode of taking ALL flyers means they don't care if you shoot one. Against non-emplaced like Hydras? Flyers get the first shot. All in all not really well dealt with yet rules-wise.

Otherwise I like the new Jump Pack mechanics, the Impact Hits from various sources, Vector Strikes, all this cinematic feel which is baller. As soon as Flyers get balanced a bit, I feel this is gonna be a strong edition. Probably will avoid 2k as I don't like the prospect of double force-org.

Now my reiterated list with allies. I'll spare thoughts for now unless people want to ask questions, lol.

EL: 5 Necron Lychguard: Hyperphase Swords & Dispersion Shields -225
    + Necron Lord: Warscythe; Mindshackle Scarabs; Resurrection Orb -90

TR: 7 Necron Immortals: Gauss Blasters -119
    + 'Harbinger of Despair' Cryptek: Abyssal Staff & Veil of Darkness -60

Allied Tau Detatchment:

HQ: Shas'el - Hard-Wired Drone Controller (2 Shield Drones) & Multi Tracker; Plasma Rifle & Missile Pod
    1x Crisis Bodyguard: Hard-Wired Drone Controller (2 Shield Drones) & Multi Tracker; Plasma Rifle & Missile Pod -219

TR: 8 Fire Warriors incl. Shas'ui -90
    / Devilfish: Smart Missile System & Burst Cannon; Targetting Array -105

HVY: 2 Broadside Battlesuits - 1 Blacksun Filter; 1 Team Leader: Hard-Wired Drone Controller (2 Shield Drones) -178

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Come On, Brofist yWizePapaSmurfy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Double post but a Mk 2 of the 2nd list already, liking this more, don't *need* the Lychguard.

TR: 7 Necron Immortals: Gauss Blasters -119

FST: 4 Canoptek Wraiths: 2 Whip Coils; 1 Particle Caster -165
    FST: 4 Canoptek Wraiths: 2 Whip Coils; 1 Particle Caster -165

Allied Tau Detatchment:

HQ: Shas'el - Hard-Wired Drone Controller (2 Shield Drones); Hard-Wired Blacksun Filter & Multi Tracker; Plasma Rifle & Missile Pod
    1x Crisis Bodyguard: Hard-Wired Drone Controller (2 Shield Drones) & Multi Tracker; Plasma Rifle & Missile Pod -222

EL: 2 Crisis Battlesuits - 1 Team Leader - Hard-Wired Blacksun Filter & Multi Tracker; Other Team Member: Multi Tracker;
    Both - Plasma Rifle & Missile Pod -132

TR: 8 Fire Warriors incl. Shas'ui -90

HVY: 2 Broadside Battlesuits - 1 Team Leader: Blacksun Filters & Drone Controller (2 Shield Drones)
    Other Team Member: Blacksun Filter -181

-1849/1850

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ