Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

6th Edition Codex/Model/Misc Release Schedule

Since this spans existing threads of several different armies, figured a central thread for the overall release schedule for the next 18 months might be a better fit.

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2012/07/c...-schedule.html
    I have received several emails discussing, and asking about codex releases, so it was time to answer them to the best of my knowledge in accordance with what the rumor mill is advocating.

Please remember that these are based off of rumors, so take with a little salt.
    Chaos Space Marines: August
    The first one is quite obvious. Chaos Space Marines are Next. We have had a lot of rumors pointing us towards August, so that should be verified in the next couple weeks. If for some reason it does not appear in August, then I am afraid that the following codex will not be until early 2013.

Dark Angels: Quarter 4 of 2012
    We have the starter set appearing in September, and we know the contents to be Chaos Marines vs Dark Angels. It is quite obvious that a Dark Angels codex is on the horizon, and add to that, Harry and a couple other sources are pointing to the same Dark Angels as being after Chaos Marines.
    The Question becomes are they going to be before or after the new year. I personally believe we will see this codex before the year is out towards Oct/Nov, but would not be surprised if it was early next year.

Tau: First Part of 2013
    The long awaited Tau will be on many peoples want list, especially with all the allied armies that Tau can join. Even though Tau seem to get pushed back again and again, they are currently slated for the first codex of 2013, assuming of course that Dark Angels get done in Q4 of 2012.

Tau have been said to be in the first part of 2013 by several rumor sources, so it seems very solid that they are on their way.

Eldar Q3 2013
    Eldar are a codex that many long time hobbyist are waiting for. I for one, cannot wait to get this codex. We are a year out on this however. Harry at least has mentioned in his rumors that Eldar are slated for Q3 of 2013, and I believe others have said the same thing, just can't think of who off the top of my head.

Mystery Codex; Between Tau and Eldar
    Many people think we will see a codex between Tau and Eldar, and I think they are correct, we just don't know which one it will be. On the list of possibilities are Black Templar, Sisters of Battle, Codex Space Marines, and then it just becomes a toss up.

Here is my prophetizing........Reaching into the warp now for answers...........
    Chaos Space Marines: August
    Dark Angels: Oct/Nov

Tau: Jan/Feb
    Mystery codex April/May
    Eldar: August-Oct

Last edited by SourImplant; 27th February 2013 at 22:55.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll willing to bet that the Dark Angel book is in the January slot on the basis that the spine artwork won't be done till December. Chaos is likely in August though, and it wouldn't surprise me if we saw a Fantasy release in the Oct/Nov area.

Boltrig-So Durandal, I understand youre a Demi-god? Thats fantastic!
    edmundblack-Durandal is the Crown Prince of Cleavage.
    My Painting Thread (you should definitely check it out!)
    Oh, fuck, it's the Eldar!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    That seems quite a fast release schedule. I would have thought that the releases would be a bit further apart.

Salags Paint Blog
    Now with UPDATES!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Originally Posted by Durandal View Post
    and it wouldn't surprise me if we saw a Fantasy LotR release in the Oct/Nov area.
    FTFY. Can't forget The Hobbit this holiday season and the inevitable tie-in there.

Also caught some rumors of a Blood Bowl update, since this is apparently BB's 25th anniversary.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hobbit is rumored Dec so im going to guess C:CSM for sure next then DA not till Q1 next year we still have flyer waves to work in and they are not going to magically for get about fantasy...

1.5k Grey Knights (painting/finishing)
    2k Nids (buyin/painting)

"The difference between Gods and Daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time"-Lorgar, Primarch

Post Thanks / Like
    Hobbit will likely be November. GW leave December open for their Christmas deals.

Chaos next month makes me very happy and very sad. Very happy that I will have a new codex which will hopefully breath new life into Nurgle (hurr hurr), but very sad because it means I'll be really skint over the next couple of months, and I was also looking forward to have some time with my Daemons in the meantime, which I may not get now.

If the above post comes off with a negative tone, you're reading it wrong.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    chaos next month would make me uber, uber happy because surely they can't get any worse and since my plague marine champions are costing me around 79pts each! i'm really hoping for a change, or at least bring back marks and get rid of stupid, stupid icons! in fact so much needs changing with that travesty of a book.

Would be ideal for me though since am painting up my plague marines at the moment, and would give me that extra push needed to get them all done.

Edmundblack: "Pox - you've made me happy. I mean, really happy. Really really happy. "

Baragash: "You read my mind Pox, now I don't need to write a long post "

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by Pox View Post
    Would be ideal for me though since am painting up my plague marines at the moment, and would give me that extra push needed to get them all done.
    I hear you. I've stripped, based and sprayed mine, but can't bring myself to do the next step...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I honestly don't think they would release Chaos and then DA, since that goes against the standard "Power Armour, Non-Power Armour" release rotation.

Unless chaos takes a big swing away from Space Marines, I think we will see Tau before we see Dark Angels.

"The stars themselves once lived and died at our command, and yet you still dare oppose our will"

Post Thanks / Like
    To be fair, Cultists aren't Power Armour

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Could be that it isnt power armour/non power armer but Imperium/non imperium how much power armour isnt covered in tentlcles/spikes in CSM anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Haha true for that, they might even be releasing CSM, the other new one and CD in one go (Seeing as CD was the last 4th edition to get updated and is still stuck there)

And before anyone comments and ruins this post (Pyro >.>) it is just me wanting to see them do it, not me hoping that they will, cause they very likely won't.

Post Thanks / Like
    You're right, they won't Daemons won't be here until at least 2013, but more likely 2014.

I don't know what other one you're thinking of? There's only CSM and Daemons.

As for codices still stuck in 4th Edition, there's CSM, Dark Angels, Black Templars, Tau, Eldar, and Orks in addition to Daemons.

Spherically Challenging edmundblack's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    And by the time that's all done, Space Wolves, Guard and Tyranids will be clamouring for a redo. It's a never ending cycle of "what next?".

Grey Knights don't go to heaven: they go to hell and regroup.
    Cheaphammer 40p.
    Space Elves.
    Some scribblings.
    sneggy: I feel both pleased and violated......
    Baragash: Inflation has nothing to do with GW's price increases unless WHW is actually a Zimbabwean embassy.
    Architech: I'm so proud that he's the only forum member with me quoted in his sig...

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember seeing in part of a GW blog/post when 5th Edition dropped that the C:CD was made with the 5th Edition rule set in mind rather than 4th Edition since it was released so close to 5th edition dropping. /shrug

Another year at least until a new Eldar codex, counting the freaking days!!! heh heh

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by SourImplant View Post
    Also caught some rumors of a Blood Bowl update, since this is apparently BB's 25th anniversary.
    It'd be awesome if this September was a Blood Bowl redo. Those two 20th anniversy models are two of the best scuplts GW has in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by PyroSikTh View Post
    You're right, they won't Daemons won't be here until at least 2013, but more likely 2014.

I don't know what other one you're thinking of? There's only CSM and Daemons.

As for codices still stuck in 4th Edition, there's CSM, Dark Angels, Black Templars, Tau, Eldar, and Orks in addition to Daemons.
    Rumored to be a third Chaos codex coming out.

And see what I mean? I knew you'd be the one to comment on it like that

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Originally Posted by edmundblack View Post
    And by the time that's all done, Space Wolves, Guard and Tyranids will be clamouring for a redo. It's a never ending cycle of "what next?".
    From what I understand, the only two armies to get a new codex in every new edition are Codex Space Marines and Tyranids. Or was there a third somewhere?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by SourImplant View Post
    From what I understand, the only two armies to get a new codex in every new edition are Codex Space Marines and Tyranids. Or was there a third somewhere?
    Eldar did, up until 5th, I believe. Well, they might not have had one proper in RT, but I don't think that anyone really did.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by biffster666 View Post
    I remember seeing in part of a GW blog/post when 5th Edition dropped that the C:CD was made with the 5th Edition rule set in mind rather than 4th Edition since it was released so close to 5th edition dropping. /shrug
    Same with Orks and CSM. CSM was the first "5th Ed." codex to come out, evidenced by it's use of terms such as "Toughness Tests." Characteristics tests were introduced in 5th. Think of CSM back then as Grey Knights now, and Orks back then of Necrons now. Daemons back then were essentially what the Stormtalon and Burna/Bomba/Dakkajet were this time around; a quick release just before the new edition, which also explains why there wasn't much of a model release with it, and lots of holes left for 5 years later (as Daemons are rumoured to get some models next month).

Originally Posted by SpacePuppies View Post
    Rumored to be a third Chaos codex coming out.
    Yeah when it was going to be "Chaos Legions". That rumour is now 6 months out-of-date.