Post Thanks / Like

Fallen dark angels army

so i am doing a fallen dark angels army. i am going to be using the dark angels codex or used i use the chaos codex? they are going to painted purple and black with dark angel green skulls. let me know what you guys think. i am going to be writing a back story the chapter is going to be called the caliban terrors

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Build a list from both the Dark Angels and Chaos Space Marine codices, then think about how you plan to model your minis and pick the list that most suits what you're going after.

Be aware that, according to most rumors, these are the next two codices that will be updated, so you might think about focusing on your core troops to begin with, since those rarely change from one edition to the next.

Post Thanks / Like
    See above. The Chaos Codex seems to be touted for a mid- to late-September release so just get yourself organised on the basics until we know for sure.

"I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught." - Winston Churchill

"I am indeed amazed when I consider how weak my mind is and how prone to error." - Rene Descartes

"You guys don't think God's losing His mind do you? I don't know how old He is but He's gotta be getting up there." - Randall Dew Hickey

"Don't always trust what you read on the internet." - Aristotle.

Post Thanks / Like
    i have a 2380 pt army that i am using for this army. its mostly bikes and tactical squads. i made my own sammael's landspeeder that i am going to use as an hq with a different name of course.

for the All father For Russ

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool. The only thing I would say is set your back story in the appropriate era. There aren't really any original 'Fallen' armies because they were pretty much scattered to the winds and operate in quite small groups or as individuals. A Dark Angels Successor Chapter that turned to Chaos later would work well, though.

"I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught." - Winston Churchill

"I am indeed amazed when I consider how weak my mind is and how prone to error." - Rene Descartes

"You guys don't think God's losing His mind do you? I don't know how old He is but He's gotta be getting up there." - Randall Dew Hickey

Post Thanks / Like
    i will keep that in mind as i do the back story

Post Thanks / Like
    A traitor Successor Chapter might open the door for some interesting twists on the standard Fallen 'none more black' colour scheme too.

Post Thanks / Like
    i like the idea of a fallen successor chapter, with me doing that i can have a lot more fun with the fluff of the chapter, and really make it my own

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by angels of terra77 View Post
    i like the idea of a fallen successor chapter, with me doing that i can have a lot more fun with the fluff of the chapter, and really make it my own
    Mind you, they would not be part of "The Fallen". The Fallen are, specifically, the marines that sided with Luther during the fall of Caliban back in M31. Everyone after that is just a traitor.
    Now, you could have a Dark Angels Successor chapter that was taken over by a cell of the Fallen, in which case your Fallen models would (likely) have some of the original Dark Angels black armor scheme, while the rest would be up to you.

Boltrig-So Durandal, I understand youre a Demi-god? Thats fantastic!
    edmundblack-Durandal is the Crown Prince of Cleavage.
    My Painting Thread (you should definitely check it out!)
    Oh, fuck, it's the Eldar!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by Durandal View Post
    Mind you, they would not be part of "The Fallen". The Fallen are, specifically, the marines that sided with Luther during the fall of Caliban back in M31. Everyone after that is just a traitor.
    Now, you could have a Dark Angels Successor chapter that was taken over by a cell of the Fallen, in which case your Fallen models would (likely) have some of the original Dark Angels black armor scheme, while the rest would be up to you.
    I agree with that.

You couldn't have a whole Chapter worth of Fallen from the Heresy. That's the problem with all these Fallen armies. They just don't operate like that (and when they were cast/escaped into the Warp, they were spread throughout time too).

If you created a Successor Chapter that had the 'none more black' armour and a 'secret' affection for Luther's ideals (maybe, through a librarian, chaplain or Company Master or something), they'd be easier to turn when one (or more) of the original Fallen turned up.

I'm sure the 1st Legion would consider that entire Chapter as 'Fallen' from then on.

Of course, with the Warp doing it's thing, you could have a Company that's thrown back in time and blah, blah, blah

Last edited by Miscreant; 28th August 2012 at 15:48.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I haven't read up on my DA fluff, but what about this idea? A group of Fallen find a loyalist Chapter that has been absolutely decimated by some catastrophe or another (see also: Fall of Rynn, the World Engine, etc.). Through either subterfuge or boldly inciting an outright rebellion, the Fallen put themselves in key positions within the remains of the Chapter and lead it in a new path. For a painting or modeling aspect, you could have everything as newly initiated Fallen, or just your character models as Fallen, and the rest of the army as the lost Chapter. Or you could do a primary detachment of Fallen and an allied attachment of another Space Marines Chapter (or vice versa).

Post Thanks / Like
    what i am thinking of doing his having the almost the whole chapter wiped out but one group of the chapter is left a mixture of the first three company's of the chapter and that is when the chaplain who has a love for the ideals of luther comes out and leads the chapter to go against the dark angels.

Last edited by angels of terra77; 28th August 2012 at 22:16.