Post Thanks / Like

Saga of the bear

I have been playing a few games, and I typically run two wolf lords on leading skyclaws with dual wolf claws and belt of Russ and runic armor, the other leading a pack of thunderwolves with a thunder hammer and Storm shield and runic armor. I was wanting other peoples opinions on which would be a better choice for saga of the bear. The thunderwolf lord is harder to Instant kill because of T5 but is more points, and anything that would kill him would also kill a regular thunderwolf behind him, while the jump lord is faced with a ton of S8 weapons out there, but if I need to I can just LOS for him and not be as effective by the one wound skyclaw dying. My only pause was in a couple of games I ran into S8 blasts AP 3 blasts, which I don't want to look out sir because I could save models on the 2+ save but because of the blasts that's a lot of saves and even if I do LOS then that's a lot of dead skyclaws. thanks in advance for any opinions and srry about the single paragahp for some reason my enter key isn't working

Post Thanks / Like
    i'd say make the thunderlord saga of the bear and give the clawlord saga of the warrorborn. the thunderlord is likely to recieve more attention from your opponent's shooting, and why not, it's a space marine riding on a wolf attacking you with s10. the claw lord would probably benefit from saga of the warriorborn after mowing down enemies left and right with the claws

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Asuryan, I would think opposite as the TWM Lord i would give warrior born to and not a thunderhammer, as his attacks are already rending, imagine 4 attacks, +1 mount, +1 2CCW, +1 charge, +x from last assault round all rending, I have had 12 attacks personally in the following round and with rending and the Wolf mount being str 5 you can glance AV 14 with lucky rolls, And then the Jump pack due to only being toughness 4 there are far more weaps lascannon, melta, missiles and such that are strength 8 which might need the Eternal warrior from Bear much more. Just my 2 cents.

Post Thanks / Like
    The only problem is I always take a Storm shield so I wont get the bonus for 2 close combat weapons, and with challenges I wont be getting much extra attacks from warrior born and the blood lust goes away unless I get charged which I don't see many people going "you know what I think I can take the Thunder wolf squad in Close combat lets do it." And with 2+ saves out there for challenges I need an ap 1 or 2 weapon leaving me with a Frost axe, Power Fist or a Thunderhammer, and the frost axe is the same cost as a power fist so its out and the thunderhammer looks cooler than the pf so I go with TH every time. But I do agree that the claw lord is in more danger of ID so will give him the bear, and if I can find the points to give the warrior born to the thunder lord why not.

Post Thanks / Like
    True but rending auto wounds on a six, the way I try and work it is charge the group closest the HQ and try and mop them up so when they charge I will have stacked up the added warrior born attacks, I know they are not guaranteed wounds with ap- but the rending makes it likely to cause a couple wounds a round, plus 3 wounds only thing you need to worry about cc is psykers, and fist/other hammers weaps.