Post Thanks / Like

Hell-brute Loadouts

Hey all,

Just wondering how you guy equip your Hell-Brutes... I have a Multi Melta one atm, but I want to build a second one because I like them and wondering what you guys would suggest before I just stick an auto cannon on it... Plus I'm just interested in what you all think about brutes .

Cheer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hellbrutes are, sadly, generally considered not a fantastic option.

That being said, probably their best use is to load them up with a lascannon and missile launcher and hide them behind cover. Can move to get a better shot, gets 2 shots, and is reasonably tough.

The problem with them is that trying run an AV12 walker across the battlefield and punch things usually doesn't work out too well. I know this from personal experience, as I try to use deff dreads all the time, but it usually doesn't pan out.

3. Thanks aronthomas17 thanked for this post.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply, I thought that might have been the case, sadly, I really like them I have to admit, I'm going to give them a go with missile launchers and see what happens... It's a shame that something so cool is so ineffective!

Post Thanks / Like
    Go buy the Helbrutes dataslates then they are great. Helcult is just 1 with 2 squads of cultist. If any cultest gets between someone shooting at the helbrute he gets a nice cover save as the cultist takes the hit Also he gets a nice special rule and they are Fearless.
    Mayhem packs are also good. It is 3 of them what have to deepstrike in (roll 1 time for reserves, but all strike separately and are independent of each other). They also get IWND and roll on the crazed table every turn.
    Murderpack kinda sucks, it is just 5 of them that classes as a Vehicle Squad and can look out sir 1 of them who also gets a 5+ invuln. BUT they can choose what Crazed effect they get.

Standard loadout for me is Multi-Meltas and Powerfist, though I tend to suck it up and take the hammer a lot as well as it is useful. Otherwise Reaper and Missiles or Las-Cannon and Missiles is good. Try just magnetising the weapons so you can swap about as you need.

6. Thanks aronthomas17 thanked for this post.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for that reply... I'll have to go have a look!! I know they aren't competitive but I have my heart set on running one haha, so thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by aronthomas17 View Post
    Thanks for that reply... I'll have to go have a look!! I know they aren't competitive but I have my heart set on running one haha, so thanks
    Dont run 1........run many

As said. Get the dataslate! Makes them atleast usefull. Im currently running the mayhem pack in my deathguard list. Probably going to add in the las/missile brute in the cult at some point to.

Rule of cool

Post Thanks / Like
    Mayhem Pack is, in my experience, the best one of the slate formations. They have pretty much owned every time.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know the name of the formation, but a noise marine army running the hellbrute leading a pack of crazed cultists tabled IG in 3 turns at my local FLGS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hellcult.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by mayegelt View Post
    Go buy the Helbrutes dataslates then they are great. Helcult is just 1 with 2 squads of cultist. If any cultest gets between someone shooting at the helbrute he gets a nice cover save as the cultist takes the hit Also he gets a nice special rule and they are Fearless.
    Mayhem packs are also good. It is 3 of them what have to deepstrike in (roll 1 time for reserves, but all strike separately and are independent of each other). They also get IWND and roll on the crazed table every turn.
    Murderpack kinda sucks, it is just 5 of them that classes as a Vehicle Squad and can look out sir 1 of them who also gets a 5+ invuln. BUT they can choose what Crazed effect they get.

Standard loadout for me is Multi-Meltas and Powerfist, though I tend to suck it up and take the hammer a lot as well as it is useful. Otherwise Reaper and Missiles or Las-Cannon and Missiles is good. Try just magnetising the weapons so you can swap about as you need.
    The real benefit of the Murderpack is that you get five of them without using up even one Elites slot. Can pretty much guarantee that the leader gets into assault range too between his invulnerable and look out sir, so you can kit him out as the dedicated assault one easily enough. Maybe make two very shooty, and two that have a good anti-infantry gun but keep their power fist as the ones taking the Look Out Sir tests for leader guy.

You have now spent more than a quarter of your army on a slightly gimmicky allied detachment of walkers... Which isn't the best use of those points, but something you can build your list around if that's what you find fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by Changemod View Post
    The real benefit of the Murderpack is that you get five of them without using up even one Elites slot. Can pretty much guarantee that the leader gets into assault range too between his invulnerable and look out sir, so you can kit him out as the dedicated assault one easily enough. Maybe make two very shooty, and two that have a good anti-infantry gun but keep their power fist as the ones taking the Look Out Sir tests for leader guy.

You have now spent more than a quarter of your army on a slightly gimmicky allied detachment of walkers... Which isn't the best use of those points, but something you can build your list around if that's what you find fun.
    Trouble is as a Vehicle Squad they all have to stay together though, and firing stuff like heavy weapon teams can rip more than 1 apart at a time.

But yeah the magnetising the weapons always helps