Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Originally Posted by Solus View Post
    1. We should raise our glasses to our new Warmaster Horus! Go up the platform to congratulate him personally. (He said outwardly while seething inwardly)

Mephi nodded, it seemed odd that it was not long ago that Baldur and himself were in a faceoff that nearly destroyed all of them and could have possibly derailed a large portion of the crusade.

Now perhaps, he was one of the only people he could trust to listen.
    OOC: I'm just hoping you don't kill me when I say I killed the future emperor by touching him XD

"My Lord! We're surrounded!!"
    "Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction"

sneggy: no one is ever really the same
    DrakonTheNightLord: This fucking post... priceless
    GrrHero: General 40 and Draken are reason enough to play this game. You guys are hilarious.

Post Thanks / Like
    1. Raise our glasses to the new Warmaster and congratulate him.
    Probably be close to the back of a very long queue!
    Watch the Primarchs closely. Especially those around Balder.
    If the Primarchs weren't expecting this and something happens, Le Roy will aid, if only in a small way, the Primarch with whom he has fought.
    Tell the various commanders for the 836th to be prepared, but not specify for what. They should know if/when it happens.

Rolling an 18 DrakonTheNightLord's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    @General 40 Primarch Balder of the XI Legion Protectors, 2218th Expeditionary Fleet

Spoiler

@Solus Primarch Mephistopheles of the II Legion Light Bearers

Spoiler

Lord Commander Braxton Le Roy, 836th Expeditionary Fleet @Gary M

Spoiler

Bear Island knows no Kim but the Kim in the North, whose name is Jong Un.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Originally Posted by DrakonTheNightLord View Post
    Promise me you'll be on time in the future?"
    "We had a warp problem, caused by a chaos greater demon, mark my words brother, no demon nor god will stand in the way of the Imperiums future" Balder then looked more solemn "I'm sorry we weren't here though... we suffered heavy losses of our own, the warp is a beast not meant to be tamed, hopefully one day we can end our reliance on it" for a moment Balder looked at his brother with great sorrow, but then it was gone, to Horus it would have seemed a moment of grief for the first captain... in truth it was a moment of grief for the father he might yet lose, the light they had fought so hard to bring about and the pending darkness seeking to destroy it.

GrrHero: General 40 and Draken are reason enough to play this game. You guys are hilarious.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by DrakonTheNightLord View Post
    "You shortened this war by several years with your actions, I thank you, brother.

I know I can always trust you."
    "It is my honor to serve the Imperium of man above all things, Horus. I will be there when you call, there is no doubt."

Mephistopheles smiled and embraced his brother as he said this, putting forth as much warmth as he could, but feeling cold inside. He wished with everything he had that his intuition was wrong about the nature of the beasts and of certain Primarchs... but there was no doubting that something big was coming.

"Now if you'll excuse me, I have a lot of my brothers to bullshit with and to try and outlavish Fulgrim's stories.

- Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. -

Me: "Moon of my Life."
    Sneggy: "Say it in Dothraki or don't bother at all."

Architech: "You ARE more prone to kill fictional characters than me. On the spectrum you're George RR Martin and I'm Seuss"

BAH! Gaming Tabletop Podcasts
    Formerly Silas

Post Thanks / Like
    "My Lord, I have been honoured to serve the Emperor, and will be honoured to serve you as well.
    I have had the privilege of serving with your brother, Primarch Balder.
    I will personally speak to those you mention. They deserve the honour you have given them
    The small fleet I command will always serve the Imperium to the best of its abilities."

Le Roy bows to Horus "By your leave, my Lord, I will return to the 836th"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    @General 40 Primarch Balder of the XI Legion Protectors, 2218th Expeditionary Fleet

Spoiler

Spoiler

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Balder whipped out a jamming device, no one would be listening to this "we fought chaos, one of their ships detonated something like a warp core and we found ourselves roughly ten thousand years in the future, I don't know if it was a grand delusion or what, but you know what they say about the warp, in that future our father had failed to reunite humanity, he was on a life support machine of sorts for all that time since the crusade, chaos was still battling the Imperium but not in the way we know it too now, it came from within... it tainted some of our own brothers..." Balder took a moment to let the full dramatic pause of three dots sink in... "it tainted Horus".

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Originally Posted by General 40 View Post
    Can we
    yes

Post Thanks / Like
    "Open a link to Zachriel please..."
    A nod from the technician a moment later indicated the link was made...
    "Zachriel, your chapter has been brought up to full strength I see and I have also be able to add a further 200,000 troops to the fleet - I have been provided with the Morbidian Skull Takers."
    "I am sure you will have heard by now, but Primarch Horus has been made Warmaster by the Emperor. I was able to meet him for a moment and he was not what I expected. Yes he looked every inch the ultimate warrior, but his voice was almost messianic. He spoke of our campaigns and mentioned individuals in the fleet I was barely aware of. Warmaster is a just title for him. Humanity will continue to expand and unite under Emperor with Horus undertaking grand strategy. Of that I have no doubt"
    "We have a mission...what do you know of the Crimson Hunters Chapter of the Word Bearers Legion...?"

OOC - I haven't checked but wasn't the Word Bearers the lot dealt with by Primarch Balder? If so, advise Balder of this new mission and request any intel he can provide. If not, my mistake, sorry!

Options 1, 2 and 3 please.

Post Thanks / Like
    "it tainted Horus".
    Mephistopheles was not surprised by this news, but it still hit him hard.

"I had.. come to my own conclusions on this, brother. Why do you think i've stayed so close? Played the loyal lapdog? Horus trusts me, and if this taint is as true as you say it is. I'll be nearby if it comes time. You must do what you can to stay near as well, we do not know..." He eyed Khan "Who else might have fallen."

After the brief convo, Mephi moves with a big smile to Fulgrim.

"Dear brother, I love the outfit, pick it up from aboriginals?"

Architech: "You ARE more prone to kill fictional characters than me. On the spectrum you're George RR Martin and I'm Seuss"

Formerly Silas

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Originally Posted by Solus View Post
    Mephistopheles was not surprised by this news, but it still hit him hard.

"I had.. come to my own conclusions on this, brother. Why do you think i've stayed so close? Played the loyal lapdog? Horus trusts me, and if this taint is as true as you say it is. I'll be nearby if it comes time. You must do what you can to stay near as well, we do not know..." He eyed Khan "Who else might have fallen."

After the brief convo, Mephi moves with a big smile to Fulgrim.

"Dear brother, I love the outfit, pick it up from aboriginals?"
    Balder swooned over to the lord commanders, intent on thanking them and reminding them the importance of their service, too many would feel left out in the cold this day.

OOC: So uh side note, give Solus all the technology I found in 40k so he too can start building super secret future weapons... pray the emperor doesn't find out we're doing this XD Also give him the Baneblade blue prints

Post Thanks / Like
    Baneblade blue prints
    I knew you loved me.

Formerly Silas

14. Like General 40 liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Originally Posted by Gary M View Post
    wasn't the Word Bearers the lot dealt with by Primarch Balder?
    The Legion and homeworld was destroyed by Balder and Mephistopheles respectively, but there are still units isolated from the Crusade that have not been found... until now. The new Warmaster wants the remnants dealt with swiftly and silently while the Crusade starts up again.

Post Thanks / Like
    @DrakonTheNightLord thanks.

In Game:

From his quarters:
    "Bridge, I want a private link to Primarch Balder as soon as possible...."
    @General 40 - Whenever the Primarch is able to speak to Le Roy:
    "My Lord, please excuse the nature of this call. Your brother, The Warmaster, has tasked the 836th with eliminating the Crimson Hunters Chapter of the Word Bearers Legion. I am aware that both yourself and one of your brother Primarchs destroyed their legion homeworld, but there are still outposts. One of these is the Crimson Hunters.
    I do not know what led to that destruction, but do know that space marines of any chapter or legion will be extremely formidable foes, and your Brother has said for their elimination to be quick and completed as 'quietly' as possible.
    I am therefore asking for any advice you can provide in dealing with them. Unlike many in the Imperial Guard, I will not just throw bodies at a problem until it goes away, or we run out of bodies.
    I am struggling to find out much about them, but in order to defeat them, I want to know what their tactics are, what (if any) their weaknesses are.....Their weaknesses may be small but they will have them, somewhere..." thinking he may have over-stepped the mark in stating that some of the Emperors (former?) finest will have a weakness, implying that maybe all of the space marines will have a weakness, Le Roy continued, somewhat more haltingly..."it won't be in...arms...or armour...or valour....as space marines, they will undoubtedly excel in all three....but maybe their...ummm....doctrine?"
    To himself, Le Roy thought 'For Emperors sake, when you're in a hole, stop bloody digging'.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    @Gary M

Balder smiled at the end of the message, this was a man who was willing to ask the questions others might not dare and in their lack of asking simple questions could get themselves killed. Where to begin he thought... "aim for the neck or other joints, those are the weakest parts of a marines armor, never aim for his shoulders, have you seen the size of those pauldrons? Bring heavy weapons, plasma and melta guns etc, any and all power weapons you have should be issued to only the best able to use them, power weapons make light work of marines... but a marine in close combat is not to be underestimated, try to keep them at range when you can. The Word Bearers are pathetic cowards, but even they are marines, never forget that you will take incredible casualties, make sure your men are under no illusion, but do not hesitate to motivate them, it is your duty not as a Lord Commander, but as the man sending them in to the fires of war to make sure they are going to stay where you put them, if you're battle lines break you very well might find hundreds of men lost in minutes, it's a tactic favored by my own Warmongers and has won countless battles with almost no casualties on our own side taken, running men rarely stop to shoot back at you.

Their weapons you will not find lacking I'm afraid, though I suspect they will have no way to replenish ammo... though you should expect the unexpected, everything and anything could be a trap, it might not be, but don't let your guard down, where they fall back push hard, but do not over step, always have men ready to reinforce against counter attacks and above all else, make sure you're men know not just through your words, but by your actions that you will not throw their lives away needlessly.

Also a personal note, they might try to contact you, be aware that they will use any lie or deceit possible to trick you, but listen to them, they're desperate and might just give up information on their positions etc, treat this information however as a potential trap... kill them all, burn the planets you find, scan deeper than you'd normally scan, any population human or other wise you find will be tainted by now, genocide is not a nice thing to wage, but wage it you must. Send me any knowledge you gain, even if it seems insignificant, I was the one who started this and I'll be damned if I'm not going to see it finished, if even one of them survives it could have dire consequences, do not underestimate that.

It goes without saying, but have your own space marines drill your regular guard, they might not like it, but it could be the difference between you losing thousands of men and tens of thousands.

Good hunting commander, kill a few of the bastards for me.

Primarch Balder, XI Legion Protectors, 2218th Expeditionary Fleet."

Post Thanks / Like
    @General 40

"My Lord, yet again I am indebted to you. This time for information and advice. My thanks for this information, I will endeavour to put it to good use and, as you say 'Get some of the bastards' for you!
    I will try to remember your words well, and will advise my commanders appropriately."

"Bridge, where is Zachriel?"
    "With the Dark Angels under going more training Lord Commander" was the immediate reply.
    "Patch me through to him, secure link please..." seconds later the link was made...
    "Zachriel, once again I need your expertise. We need to train the fleet to face the Crmson Hunters.
    What I am about to tell you goes no further..."

Let Roy passes on the details of his conversation with Primarch Balder.

"That is what we will be facing. I want our fleet prepared and ready. I leave you to decide the details, methods of training etc"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Spoiler

Spoiler

@SGS , most of your stuff's been given away, but you're free to come back with what's left?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Balder chuckled to break the silence in good humor "not all of us could be so lucky as to have had the training of places such as Titan" Balder paused for people to laugh at his own dark humor, his brothers knowing well that the wars of Titan had left so few men alive that all they could make of it was an Agri world to begin with "it is to both our and our father's advantage to have such varied and unique individuals in his service. I understand we do not all see eye to eye, but ultimately we are stronger for it."

-Avoid joking that an Exterminatus always trumps a Primarch

Post Thanks / Like
    Mephistopheles stood as he morphed. His armor taking on a gold sheen, laced with bits of red.. a white hood spread up and over his face and his eyes turned to white. Even his power spear morphed to resemble Mortarion's scythe. He struck a menacing pose and pointed a sweeping finger at each primarch in turn. "Fools! Fear me!" He called out in the primarch's voice. "For I am the most powerful primarch of all!"

Suddenly he was Fulgrim, taking on an almost womanly stroll around the primarchs heading right up to the real Mortarion and patting him on the cheek. "Oh, but I am the prettiest!"

Then he was Khan, his face comically morphed to look like (grumpy cat). "And I.. am the lonliest."

Then Balder. "And I have an itchy Exterminatus finger!"

Then there he was, Mephi once again, a shit-eating grin plastered on his face. "Come, brothers! We are together again. The sons of the Emperor, the mightiest force in the universe and beyond!" A bottle of wine... a very... very... antique bottle, secreted from Terra itself appeared in his hand. "We are free from the politics and the pandering and pressure of being who we are. Come, let's pour a round and toast to our father, and to each other. A new day rises and very stars will quake at our actions!"

Formerly Silas