Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Originally Posted by Solus View Post
    wine
    Balder laughed at his brothers jokes before pausing at the sight of the wine, he grinned seeming to out of know where pull a bottle of what was unmistakably Russ's finest "does no one else buy the fire liquids our brother makes? I must be the only one keeping his economy going" he offered it freely but was also willing to test the wine.

"My Lord! We're surrounded!!"
    "Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction"

sneggy: no one is ever really the same
    DrakonTheNightLord: This fucking post... priceless
    GrrHero: General 40 and Draken are reason enough to play this game. You guys are hilarious.

In darkest Nightmare, and brightest Dream
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, but I'm good. Without Tonci to bounce RP with it's just not the same. Going to assume Naron got some time off on a pleasure world, maybe ran into his wife on one of the occasions where she didn't start by trying to kill him. Ever wonder why he had an augmentic finger?

The day will not save them. And we own the night.

Arch:
    If hope were short buses we could drive straight to the special olympics.

Power Corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Option 1 - Make contact with Battlefleet Khur.

"This is Lord Commander Le Roy of the 836th Expeditionary Fleet, part of the Holy Emperors Great Crusade.
    I need to speak to the Commander of Battlefleet Khur....."

Rolling an 18 DrakonTheNightLord's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    @General 40 Primarch Balder of the XI Legion Protectors, 2218th Expeditionary Fleet

Spoiler

@Solus Primarch Mephistopheles of the II Legion Light Bearers

Spoiler

Lord Commander Braxton Le Roy, 836th Expeditionary Fleet @Gary M

Spoiler

My Mod voice is bold. Feel free to PM me if you feel you can help the Forums in any way!
    Your father cheers, your mother cries, that is the lot of the soldier.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1. Commander Triton has overseen the creation of a new Chapter, the Executioners. For now, you will allow him to take command of the Chapter and join the Crusade.
    6. The Prince Royal, Ramilies Class Star-fort
    5. Compliance Mission: Cadia System

"There goes all of our fun" muttered Memor as he read the report, but they all knew what Cadia was and they all knew they would need the harsh latrine duties of Triton to keep them in peak fighting condition.

OOC: I thought the 14th would be like devastators and didn't think to check, almost gave Gulliman my Baneblades omg.

GrrHero: General 40 and Draken are reason enough to play this game. You guys are hilarious.

Post Thanks / Like
    Option 2 (but with a little extra thrown in - See below)

Le Roy thought about this news, 8 ships against his 4, maybe 6 with the remains of Battlefleet Khur added. All 8 of the Word Bearers ships were larger than any in the 836th.
    This wouldn't even be a fair fight.
    "I think we need some assistance to deal with this problem."
    "Comms, please send the following message to Command, coded with highest priority...
    'From 836th Expeditionary Fleet:
    We have arrived in the Khur system, and linked up with the remains of Battlefleet Khur.
    The Battlefleet were attacked by the Crimson Hunters and suffered significant casualties.
    The Crimson Hunters have 8 ships currently on station, a mix of Strike Cruisers and Battlebarges.
    The 836th has only 4, smaller, ships plus another 2 available from Battlefleet Khur. The rest of that fleet were destroyed or are too badly damaged to take any further part in this action.
    We are establishing a perimeter around the system to monitor any traffic but are currently outgunned and outnumbered by the Crimson Hunters fleet.
    Re-inforcements would be advisable in order to not throw away our forces needlessly and with no benefit.
    Once reinforcements arrive, we plan to eliminate the Crimson Hunters fleet in orbit and then deal with the remnants on the surface.

Please advise."

Le Roy sighed, some of his classmates from the Academy would have laughed at him in class room exercises for this response. They would have just charged in. Well that was what upper class in breeding did for you. Le Roys background was very different from that. He knew that his soldiers lives mattered and he would use them sparingly if possible.
    He smiled, some of his tutors even said he was too cautious.
    He wasn't sure, but he hoped the fleet knew he wasn't going to throw them at the Crimson Hunters on a whim. He needed help on this. But what to do if no help came...

"Comms, patch me through on a secure channel to Admiral Courtenay and Zachriel"....
    "Gentlemen, as you have seen we appear to be undergunned compared to, and outnumbered by, the Crimson Hunters.
    I have sought re-inforcements.
    I do not want to throw my fleet at these traitors for no benefit.
    However this is more in hope than expectation and hope is not a strategy.
    We need to plan for the worst. And that worst is we have to do this on our own.
    Admiral, I need to know what ships you have left, whatever their state, and the numbers of men capable of fighting.
    What I want to know is, if we have to, can we use the worst damaged ships in your fleet as moving cover to get into the Crimson Hunters or even rams to collide with their ships?
    Zachriel, I want you to see if it is feasible to rig these ships for automatic running and better still, can we steer them remotely?
    I know this is a big ask, and we don't have that much time until we get a response from Command to my request for re-enforcements.
    The more work we do now, the better our chances of victory.
    Admiral, you and Zachriel will need to work together on this, and do not worry about your crews. They will be transferred to the ships of the 836th until this is over. I would not have them on suicide missions just to help this Expeditionary Fleet
    Gentlemen, we need to work quickly, efficiently and effectively.
    I look forward to hearing from you both."

With the conference turned off, Le Roy continued to consider the situation, "If these two routes turned into dead ends, what then?

Primarch Balder? Would he be of assistance again? How many times can a simple Lord Commander ask a favour of a Primarch? Only one way to find out, but not yet."

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Originally Posted by Gary M View Post
    Admiral, I need to know what ships you have left, whatever their state, and the numbers of men capable of fighting.

What I want to know is, if we have to, can we use the worst damaged ships in your fleet as moving cover to get into the Crimson Hunters or even rams to collide with their ships?

Zachriel, I want you to see if it is feasible to rig these ships for automatic running and better still, can we steer them remotely?
    Admiral Courtenay puts his finger on his chin and considers your questions. He seems a good man, not quite the daring cavalier, and would follow orders to a fault - as the wreck he calls his Battlefleet would attest. Would it have killed him to have just sneaked his ships out of Khur, one by one? Nevertheless...

"I have several Army Regiments on standby on all 10 of my ships. If we board, we would outnumber the Astartes 1000 to 1, but would it be enough, and can such a large boarding even be successful?"

He tapped his chin thoughtfully and continued on.

"The worst-damaged ships will not last long under the Word Bearer guns, they are uncompromising when in this rage. But the Battlefleet as a whole? We could last long enough for your Astartes complement to board, from there the odds will be even. Ramming will be out of the question."

A final tap, and you sense the Admiral's steely resolve when he says the next sentence:

"We could automate the ships to follow a certain path, but I assure you none of my Captains will ever abandon ship, and nor would its crew."

You may change your action based on this information.

My Mod voice is bold. Feel free to PM me if you feel you can help the Forums in any way!

Post Thanks / Like
    1. Return to Hades. You must refit your Legion to this new technology that you've received from Balder.

5. Charles, Ramilies Class Star-fort (I mean, how could i not?)

And when we're all finished...

2. Crusade - Back in orbit, your brother Horus orders your Legion to rendezvous with the Thousand Sons and conduct a joint Crusade in the Epsiloid Binary Cluster.

- Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. -

Me: "Moon of my Life."
    Sneggy: "Say it in Dothraki or don't bother at all."

Architech: "You ARE more prone to kill fictional characters than me. On the spectrum you're George RR Martin and I'm Seuss"

BAH! Gaming Tabletop Podcasts
    Formerly Silas

Post Thanks / Like
    "Admiral, thank you for that information.
    If ramming them is out of the question, we may have to use them as mobile cover in any eventual jaunt into the system to take on the Crimson Hunters. I have to admit it was along shot.
    Please do not get me wrong, I would not want your men to abandon their ships. Would it not be better for them to get some revenge on the Crimson Hunters by fighting them rather than dying in the vacuum of space when their already damaged ships are destroyed?

OK. While we wait for a response to our request for aid, we plan.
    We plan for boarding actions. This does not ideally suit our force given we have the advantage in troop numbers, but if we can get multiple boardings on individual ships then we might pull this off.

Zachriel, I want to you to lead the training for this.
    Also, can you estimate the numbers of Crimson Hunters remaining and if we wanted to cut the head off, so to speak, where do we do this?
    Plan for a SpecOps mission to deal a coup de main to the Crimson Hunters. We may not proceed with it, but I want the option available to me.

In the meantime, how long will that reply take to get here?"

OOC - How long will the reply take?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    How long will the reply take?
    To save time, you'll get a reply in the form of reinforcements (in whatever form...) next turn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    @General 40 Primarch Balder of the XI Legion Protectors, 2218th Expeditionary Fleet

Spoiler

@Solus Primarch Mephistopheles of the II Legion Light Bearers

Spoiler

Lord Commander Braxton Le Roy, 836th Expeditionary Fleet @Gary M

Spoiler

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    3. Observe them from afar to understand their culture.

Just stay in orbit, maybe send some scouts down in small numbers but ultimately keep them at distance for now, particularly I want to see if the warp has had any effect here yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    2. Play host to the Thousand Sons on Hades.

- Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. -

Me: "Moon of my Life."
    Sneggy: "Say it in Dothraki or don't bother at all."

Architech: "You ARE more prone to kill fictional characters than me. On the spectrum you're George RR Martin and I'm Seuss"

BAH! Gaming Tabletop Podcasts
    Formerly Silas

Post Thanks / Like
    "My Lord Primarch, I am honoured and somewhat overawed by your presence. I will of course cede command of the fleet to you if you desire.
    If however you merely wish to observe, I would be honoured to remain in command and use the combined strength of the fleets to tackle the Crimson Hunters"

Option 1 (ish) - Offer him the command.

OOC - Apologies for the delay - IT issues went on for a lot longer than I anticipated. Looks to be ok now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    (ish)
    You may assume that Guilliman is perfectly fine if you want to run things. Change your answer accordingly.

Post Thanks / Like
    "My Lord, thank you for the honour of leading the combined fleet.
    My briefings have recommended a frontal assault.
    With the strength of the combined fleet I believe this will achieve a swift victory.
    First we take out their space vessels, then we destroy them on the ground."

Option 2.

OOC - Thanks.