Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast
    Rolling an 18 DrakonTheNightLord's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Imperium

It is a time of legend.

Mighty heroes battle for the right to rule the galaxy.The vast armies of the Emperor of Earth have conquered
    the galaxy in a Great Crusade - the myriad alien races have
    been smashed by the Emperor's elite warriors and wipedfrom the face of history.
    The dawn of a new age of supremacy for humanity beckons.
    Gleaming citadels of marble and gold celebrate the many victories of the Emperor. Triumphs are raised on a million worlds to record the epic deeds of his most powerful and deadly warriors.
    First and foremost amongst these are the primarchs,superheroic beings who have led the Emperor's armies of
    Space Marines in victory after victory. They are unstoppable
    and magnificent, the pinnacle of the Emperor's genetic
    experimentation. The Space Marines are the mightiest
    human warriors the galaxy has ever known, each capable of
    besting a hundred normal men or more in combat.Organised into vast armies of tens of thousands called Legions, the Space Marines and their primarch leaders conquer the galaxy in the name of the Emperor.
    Chief amongst the primarchs is Horus, called the Glorious, the Brightest Star, favourite of the Emperor, and like a son unto him.
    Subjugator of a thousand thousand worlds and conqueror of the galaxy. He is a warrior without peer, a diplomat supreme.

Horus is a star ascendant, but how far can a star rise before it falls?

@SGS Lord Commander Kalus Naron, 28th Expeditionary Fleet Ground Forces

Spoiler

@Solus Primarch Mephistopheles of the Light Bearers II Legion

Spoiler

@wookiejunior Lord Commander Wookiejunior Supremos, 74th Expeditionary Fleet Ground Forces

Spoiler

@General 40 Primarch Balder of the XI Legion Protectors, 2218th Expeditionary Fleet

Spoiler

Lord Commander Braxton Le Roy, 836th Expeditionary Fleet - Gary M

Spoiler

My Mod voice is bold. Feel free to PM me if you feel you can help the Forums in any way!
    Your father cheers, your mother cries, that is the lot of the soldier.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Your forces are ready for the second wave of the Great Crusade. Your warriors are fresh and your ships are strong. You set course to fresh territory..

Lord Commander Kalus Naron, 28th Expeditionary Fleet Ground Forces

Spoiler

Primarch Mephistopheles of the Light Bearers II Legion

Spoiler

Lord Commander Wookiejunior Supremos, 74th Expeditionary Fleet Ground Forces

Spoiler

Primarch Balder of the XI Legion Protectors, 2218th Expeditionary Fleet

Spoiler

General Echelon De'Cante 35th Expeditionary Fleet

Spoiler

My Mod voice is bold. Feel free to PM me if you feel you can help the Forums in any way!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Balder sighs "I really question how humans ever survived each other, prepare first contact party, 40 men from first company will accompany me, 5 terminators will be coming with us too" he then turned to the commander of the fleet "have all ships enter lowest possible orbit near to that place within reason, I want them to known our true might".

With that Balder made planetfall with some of first company, upon arrival his first words to all these fools would be "stop your pathetic excuse for sacrificing, I am your one true god now, bow before me or I shall have your guts force fed to you!" Balder had told everyone of his plan before hand, ensuring that no one thought he was thinking he was an actual god. At the end of his speech a shot from one of the ships would hit something non important, the huge explosion intended to add to the godliness of the space marines.

"My Lord! We're surrounded!!"
    "Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction"

sneggy: no one is ever really the same
    DrakonTheNightLord: This fucking post... priceless
    GrrHero: General 40 and Draken are reason enough to play this game. You guys are hilarious.

Post Thanks / Like
    Waggghhg Wurh Wurh Hummmprph (What the heck are those? I don't like getting my fur wet, let's be cautious here.)

Post Thanks / Like
    The planet is lost. Evacuate the aliens and begin negotiations with their leader to make sure they are willing to comply to imperial standards. Option B.

Echelon began writing:
    Fate often times finds us when we least expect it. Whether it be the fact that this planet's civilization was tragically jeopardized by a freak meteor storm or the fact that we just happened to be in the system after it happened, fate has a way of changing our plans for us.
    He finished and put down his pen.

"What do you think?"

The servo-skull responded in its usual monotone voice.
    "very nice sir, but I believe you copied that from someone else."

The look on Echelons face was that of disgust.
    "Me? Copy? Never! I am a literary genius capable of deeper thought than anyone in this system."

"Sir, just because your the only one who knows how to read on this ship does not make you a literary genius."

"Says who?"

"I believe you mean, says whom. I thought you said you were a genius?"

Echelon leaned back in his custom swivel chair and spun slowly.
    "I said literary genius. Obviously it only works when I'm writing."

"That's not how it works sir."

Echelon sat up slightly dizzily and motioned to the servo-skull.
    "Whatever. How are things going on the planet?"

"The evacuation plans have begun as per your orders."

"Excellent. Any hitches?"

"None sir.

Echelon picked up his pen and pulled his chair back up to his desk.
    "Great! Now I have more time to work on my writing."

"But sir..."
    The servo-skull stopped midsentence, because Echelon motioned for him to be quiet.

"Oh, and hey while your here you can read my autobiography I'm working on. Your in it too so you should like it."

" I'm afraid I have other duties to attend to sir, but thank you."
    Ther servo-skull left with blinding speed, and left Echelon alone is his writing quarters.

"Oh well, don't need him anyways. Now what was I doing again? Ah, that's right eldar strawberries ..."
    And at that Echelon busily begin writing again.

Sing to your dice... they roll better if you sing.

Post Thanks / Like
    1. Let the things attack some of the outlying villages, we shall observe before we make our move.

Mephistopheles poured over the reports coming in from the planets, scouts, and data records on the surrounding areas, his eyes taking in and memorizing entire pages with merely a glance at the data slabs before moving on to the next.

"My Lord Mephistopheles." Captain Trebandt pounded his chest in salute to the Primarch, to which Mephistopheles waved a casual hand for the captain to continue.

"The xenos referred to as the Others will be striking the planet soon, shall we move to intercept?"

Mephistopheles did not pause as he continue to study the information in front of him. "No, captain. We wait until they reveal themselves, then we bring the hammer of the emperor down upon them."

"Thousands will die before we do so."

Mephistopheles stopped for a moment to meet the gaze of the captain. He knew Trebandt's tone wasn't accusatory or insolent. The captain was just stating a fact.

"Too many times we've stepped in before we should have, Captain. Too many times it has cost us dearly. Hasty decisions in a campaign can lead to long lasting repercussions. We bide our time for now. Get your men prepared, captain, I feel it won't be long now. Dismissed."

Trebandt pounded his chest again and left the bridge, leaving the Primarch to his studies.

- Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. -

Me: "Moon of my Life."
    Sneggy: "Say it in Dothraki or don't bother at all."

BAH! Gaming Tabletop Podcasts
    Formerly Silas

In darkest Nightmare, and brightest Dream
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Sir, warp jump successful. Shutting down the gellar field now."

"Excellent." Naron casually tapped a finger upon the hilt of the meteorite hammer laying on his throne. He made the mistake of glancing at the screen to his left, "Seriously? The Deathbringer and Mortality beat us here? Somebody tell me how we're the last ship to arrive?!"

No one spoke.

"Never going to hear the end of this from Branam..." Naron took another look at the screen, quickly shifting through the ocean of information that composed the bottom half for the useful parts, "Appear human, several camps...signs of a landing craft? Recent design?"

"We don't know, sir."

"The hell do you mean we don't know? The cog heads should've had the serial number for that craft before we even jumped out of the Yim system."

"They're reporting some sort of interference. Haven't been able to pin point it yet."

The lord commander stopped his tapping, much to the relief of the nearby communication's officer, "Now that is quite interesting. Tell me, who's closest to that rock right now?"

"The Night Serpent, sir."

"Forces?"

"The 4th Zugawa, 1st Attilan, and one of the Wolfton brigades."

"Dear Emperor, the smell must be atrocious...Alright, order the Serpent to move into orbit and deploy a scouting party from the Zugawa regiment. Let's see what this planet has in store for us."

1. The obvious thing to do here is to send a scout party planetside. (4th Zugawa Regiment (Light Infantry) 500 men). Should be a small, easily moveable scouting force.

The day will not save them. And we own the night.

Arch:
    If hope were short buses we could drive straight to the special olympics.

Power Corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Excellent work, you guys are making me dip into the rewards bag early on... keep up with the fast replies. @SGS and @Solus do remember that you may summon Fuegan the Phoenix Lord once at any point in the game.

Lord Commander Kalus Naron, 28th Expeditionary Fleet Ground Forces

Spoiler

Primarch Mephistopheles of the Light Bearers II Legion

Spoiler

Lord Commander @wookiejunior Supremos, 74th Expeditionary Fleet Ground Forces

Spoiler

@General 40 Primarch Balder of the XI Legion Protectors, 2218th Expeditionary Fleet

Spoiler

@DoomShakaLaka General Echelon De'Cante 35th Expeditionary Fleet

Spoiler

Post Thanks / Like
    Echelon walks triumphantly into the teleportation chamber and speaks to adeptas mechanics personal currently working the controls.

"So how goes everything?"

"Everything is going according to procedure sir."
    One of the tech priests turned and spoke.

Echelon took a few strides into the room and began fiddling with the controls as he shoved aside its previous user.
    "Teleporter eh? I remember training on these back in my day. Used to be pretty good at it too if I say so myself."

The techpriest looked nervously.
    "Sir this process I extremely delicate, if you are even slightly ....."

Echelon ignored him and began turning on the device.
    "Oh don't get your skirt tied up in a knot I know what Im doing. Now lets see here..."

The teleporter roared to life as the tech priest tried to yank Echelon of the controls.
    "No sir! You haven't put in any coordinates. You'll send them into the limitless depths of the immaterium!"

Two hours later.....

"Due to unfortunate circumstances which we need not mention.... we were only able to retrieve 7embers out of the entire species we were trying to rescue. On a side note the mechanics adepts seem to find them extremely interesting and so I get to keep my job."

Option 3: Have the mechanics adepts look at them.

10. Like DrakonTheNightLord liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Greetings Attias, you are of course welcome to join my forces. Out of interest how did you infiltrate my fleet for so long? My security measures clearly need improving.

Send a communique to the Dark Angels Legion inquiring about Attias and why he was allowed to infiltrate my fleet.

Before I pick my option can you give me a rundown on the Imperiums temperament towards aliens after the dramatic events of last game.

Post Thanks / Like
    "Now where in the hell did this come from..." The lord commander slowly picked up and examined the strange rifle, shouldering and bringing it up to fire with the practiced ease born from repeated practice with a lasrifle. Unlike a lasrifle, he didn't have to compensate for the 'standard' position of the scope, it simply lined up with his right eye. In fact, the whole weapon felt like it was sized just right for him. "Seriously, how did you get...in...here..."

"Oh..." Naron remembered, and for the first time in a long time he actually blushed. "Right. That. Good times."

Before he could delve too far into that particular memory, a knock at his door caused Naron to snap back to reality. "Um...Yes?"

The door opened and in stepped a heavily armored women, power halberd in one hand and a datapad in the other. She paused and gave the xeno rifle a strange look, "Sir, is that an eldar sniper rifle?"

"Yes, Tonći, I believe it is."

"If you don't mind me asking, where did you get it?"

"Lan'thira 4. And let's leave it at that."

"Wait...so when you ran off with that..."

"Tonći! We are leaving it at that!" Naron placed the rifle back on his desk and snatched the datapad from her grasp, "I see. Cog heads are gonna have a fit if I don't let them get to it...very well. Let's see if we can't find the source of this distortion."

3. Deploy more troops and build a base with the purposes of pinpointing the source of the signal distortion.
    -Send in the 1st Bale Highlanders (Infantry: 192,250 men) for build efforts/guard duty/immediate back up/be there for when shit hits the fan.

Arch:

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Balder imediately recalled something, a great demonic thing that he had once killed on his own ship... he recalled a blood demon of sorts and... could it be? He imediately started looking for evidence of his theory and set his whole fleet to the task of finding any such evidence. All of those involved in these blood god rituals were rounded up, they were told they were going to be "rewarded", Balder had them teleported, the "normal" ones were put in to prison cells aboard the ships, the psykers involved were teleported in to the cold void of space!

He then turned his mind to the other inhabitants of the planet, sending out small ten man parties to bring them the news of the downfall of the cultists, then to begin bringing technology down to the planet and paving the way for the compliance.

Balder felt a dark and terrible shadow come over his mind, could he save those tainted by such madness? He recalled a cult on his homeworld that he had destroyed, without it's leaders the others were eventually converted to decent hard working citizens... only time would tell what future this world had.

Balder then sent a message to the emeperor, all it contained was there location information and two words "Demon cult".

Note: don't kill any psykers who have nothing to do with blood god worship

GrrHero: General 40 and Draken are reason enough to play this game. You guys are hilarious.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Originally Posted by wookiejunior View Post
    Before I pick my option can you give me a rundown on the Imperiums temperament towards aliens after the dramatic events of last game.
    Due to Balder's actions, the Emperor has allowed alien protectorate policies as long as they contriute to the Imperium's Crusade efforts. They will not be given citizenship rights, but will not be annihilated either.

Also, Doomshakalaka's reward has been added.

Post Thanks / Like
    3. Your officers notice that the Others are advancing in a radius, where an epicentre can be located. It appears that the Others' point of origin appear to be in a mountain range. It's time to level it.

"There." Mephistopheles pointed to the tech's screen. "That's what we were looking for."

"Sir." She replied and began punching in the coordinates.

"The sacrifices made by these natives will be paid in full today, brothers." Mephistopheles smile was razor thin.

"Fleet, lock in coordinates, converge on position alpha, open all batteries."

"Fire."

"A what?"

"A space hulk sir."

"Yeah, i heard you... but where the hell did it come from?"

"I'm not a pyschic, sir."

"That's a good thing, because you would be shocked by the things i'm thinking about with you in those not quite standard issue pants."

"Oh.. sir!"

"Close the door..."

- Loot the hulk btw

Last edited by Solus; 11th February 2015 at 20:28.
    - Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. -

Me: "Moon of my Life."
    Sneggy: "Say it in Dothraki or don't bother at all."

BAH! Gaming Tabletop Podcasts
    Formerly Silas

Post Thanks / Like
    In that case lets have a meeting

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    @SGS Lord Commander Kalus Naron, 28th Expeditionary Fleet Ground Forces

Spoiler

@Solus Primarch Mephistopheles of the Light Bearers II Legion

Spoiler

Lord Commander @wookiejunior Supremos, 74th Expeditionary Fleet Ground Forces

Spoiler

Spoiler

@DoomShakaLaka General Echelon De'Cante 35th Expeditionary Fleet

Spoiler

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Balder pondered what to do next "I guess there would be no harm in introducing our ideas to the non cultist tribes, begin educational programs at once". Memor now planetside butted in "what if the rumors are true?"

Balder knew what he meant, he had heard them too, entire planets extinguished of life for the mere suspicion of demonic taint... "they are just rumors my friend, I'm sure the emeperor will be okay with those who have done nothing wrong, I will personally give him my word, that to the best of my knowledge these people are free of taint, as for the prisoners we took... there fate is in his hands."

"Well then, I guess I'll get started on bringing down food and supplies, primative people love food and supplies!"

2. Cast down the cult's ideals and introduce the secular Imperial Truth.

Post Thanks / Like
    "Um...sir..."

Naron sighed. First he had found the rifle, then a pleasant, albeit unsettling letter hidden in his sock drawer with ammo for said rifle, and now his communications officer was about to tell him something she knew he didn't want to hear. "What next, Mephistopheles comes back with a ship full of wenches and ale?"

"No such luck, sir." Tonći leaned closer to the screen and pointed, "Unless that's...nope, asteroid."

"Um...sir."

"Go on, lieutenant. What dire news do you bring?"

"The Night Serpent just lost all communications with our ground forces. They're requesting orders to begin bombardment of the hatch the scouts marked earlier."

"Why in the hell...Send word back to the Serpent. Known communication interference was the reason we put boots on the ground in the first place, recommend captain Trei calms down before he bombs our own troops. But if it makes him feel any better, obtain firing solutions and standby. He might get his wish to bath that planet in fire. Might."

3. Wait it out, the signal will get through again.

Arch:

Post Thanks / Like
    [good save Drakon I was more interested if he was Alpha legion or not]
    As we are the new arrivals, it is only fitting that we should go to you. 2.
    The delegation shall be: Me, Attias, a representative of Aaron Tullus' choosing to represent the Mechanicum, Commander Mei Alys, a representative from the Destroyer of Darkness and a bodyguard of my trusty Wookies

Post Thanks / Like
    "Proto- Mechanicus men? Send this back to Mars! I'm getting a promotion out of this!"

"Also send word to the Interceptors and send them my greeting to welcome them in our campaign."

(Drakon, can my character have artificer armor since he's with the mechanicum.)