Post Thanks / Like

Dark Eldar Tactics Needed

Hello there,

I'm new to Dark Eldar.
    I've been scouring the internet for any and all tactics, advice etc. I found the videos by Skared here watched them all, as well as done other research, I mostly rely on 1d4chan tactics on it's wiki page (those pages are great and I would recommend them to anyone specially those who can further improve the advice and tips on them)
    My starting Dark Eldar force is about 5,000 pts (yes I know it's not usual for a new player but Ive been collecting 40k for several years now and Bartertown is awesome for 40k deals)
    I have not played a single game yet. I hope you guys can help guide me on how to run a proper Dark Eldar force.
    My starting inventory is as follows:
    HQ
    1x Converted Archon w/Blaster
    - made this guy after reading some tactics and everyone seems to always use Archons. Gave him a blaster because I hear Trueborn are solid and he should join them.
    - I cut the barrel of a dark lance off and called what remained a blaster (to me as a new DE player it sort of looks like the regular blaster but larger with the bulb-like tip
    1x Succubus w/Agoniser + Archaite Glaive
    - prior to converting that archon, this was my go to HQ choice. I kind of like the model.
    - it's a finecast model and it seems to be equipped with those weapons, but I really only want the Archaite Glaive as it seems to be the better option. What say you?
    3x Haemonculus
    - Another finecast model. They all seem to have a liquifer gun. I've been trying to learn to identify DE weapons.
    TROOPS
    36x Kabalite Warriors
    - all with splinter rifles
    45x Wyches
    - they have variant weaponry I have yet to sit down and break some limbs to fiddle with the loadouts but I intend to do so this weekend.
    - to my best recollection I have 2 razorflals, 3 hydra gauntlets and 7 shardnet and impaler.
    ELITES
    10x Incubi
    - My favorite DE model. We all have certain models that attract us to an army. The incubi called out to me and whispered promises of great vices if I started a DE army.
    15x Trueborn
    - 10 blasters, 9 of them converted. 4 of the 9 I used the same method as with the Archon. For the other 5 I cut the tip of the Shredder guns and cut the bulb-like tip of the Blast pistols then glued it together.
    - 4 Splinter Cannons
    40x Wracks
    - bought a bunch of these guys because I wanted to also use Covens.
    - They have several diff loadouts, and being finecast its difficult to switch up gear so advice here? I think some have hexrifles and the whip thing that I can't figure out if it's an agonizer or one of the other whip things. Some also seem to have liquifers

Transports

5x Venoms
    - splinter cannon
    6x Raiders
    - Dark Lance
    FAST ATTACK

10x Scourges
    - They had splintercannons but I ripped off their arms and glued them to the Kabalite Trueborn.
    - I intended to equip 8 scourges with converted hayware blasters, any ideas?
    4x Razorwing Jetfighter
    - tried to keep these cheap. 1 jetfighter with 4 shatterfield missiles and default load out. 3 jetfighters with dark lance/splinter cannon/mono missiles

HEAVY SUPPORT

3x Ravagers
    - dark lances ahoy!
    1x Talos
    - chain flails and I wanted to give this guy a hayware blaster or are there better options for the tail?
    1x Voidbomber
    - default loadout to keep it cheap

All advice/list suggestions are welcomed.
    Also I would really appreciate some ally suggestions, but I want to stay away from any codex released after Dark Eldar 7th. (this means no Eldar allies)
    I'm interested in allying Orks, CSM, Astra Militarum etc etc, anything that came prior I have good inventory for some good ol allied shenanigans.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by Akaitsuki View Post
    Hello there,

I'm new to Dark Eldar.
    I've been scouring the internet for any and all tactics, advice etc. I found the videos by Skared here watched them all, as well as done other research, I mostly rely on 1d4chan tactics on it's wiki page (those pages are great and I would recommend them to anyone specially those who can further improve the advice and tips on them)
    My starting Dark Eldar force is about 5,000 pts (yes I know it's not usual for a new player but Ive been collecting 40k for several years now and Bartertown is awesome for 40k deals)
    I have not played a single game yet. I hope you guys can help guide me on how to run a proper Dark Eldar force.
    My starting inventory is as follows:
    HQ
    1x Converted Archon w/Blaster
    - made this guy after reading some tactics and everyone seems to always use Archons. Gave him a blaster because I hear Trueborn are solid and he should join them.
    - I cut the barrel of a dark lance off and called what remained a blaster (to me as a new DE player it sort of looks like the regular blaster but larger with the bulb-like tip
    1x Succubus w/Agoniser + Archaite Glaive
    - prior to converting that archon, this was my go to HQ choice. I kind of like the model.
    - it's a finecast model and it seems to be equipped with those weapons, but I really only want the Archaite Glaive as it seems to be the better option. What say you?
    3x Haemonculus
    - Another finecast model. They all seem to have a liquifer gun. I've been trying to learn to identify DE weapons.
    TROOPS
    36x Kabalite Warriors
    - all with splinter rifles
    45x Wyches
    - they have variant weaponry I have yet to sit down and break some limbs to fiddle with the loadouts but I intend to do so this weekend.
    - to my best recollection I have 2 razorflals, 3 hydra gauntlets and 7 shardnet and impaler.
    ELITES
    10x Incubi
    - My favorite DE model. We all have certain models that attract us to an army. The incubi called out to me and whispered promises of great vices if I started a DE army.
    15x Trueborn
    - 10 blasters, 9 of them converted. 4 of the 9 I used the same method as with the Archon. For the other 5 I cut the tip of the Shredder guns and cut the bulb-like tip of the Blast pistols then glued it together.
    - 4 Splinter Cannons
    40x Wracks
    - bought a bunch of these guys because I wanted to also use Covens.
    - They have several diff loadouts, and being finecast its difficult to switch up gear so advice here? I think some have hexrifles and the whip thing that I can't figure out if it's an agonizer or one of the other whip things. Some also seem to have liquifers

Transports

5x Venoms
    - splinter cannon
    6x Raiders
    - Dark Lance
    FAST ATTACK

10x Scourges
    - They had splintercannons but I ripped off their arms and glued them to the Kabalite Trueborn.
    - I intended to equip 8 scourges with converted hayware blasters, any ideas?
    4x Razorwing Jetfighter
    - tried to keep these cheap. 1 jetfighter with 4 shatterfield missiles and default load out. 3 jetfighters with dark lance/splinter cannon/mono missiles

HEAVY SUPPORT

3x Ravagers
    - dark lances ahoy!
    1x Talos
    - chain flails and I wanted to give this guy a hayware blaster or are there better options for the tail?
    1x Voidbomber
    - default loadout to keep it cheap

All advice/list suggestions are welcomed.
    Also I would really appreciate some ally suggestions, but I want to stay away from any codex released after Dark Eldar 7th. (this means no Eldar allies)
    I'm interested in allying Orks, CSM, Astra Militarum etc etc, anything that came prior I have good inventory for some good ol allied shenanigans.
    What kind of advice are you looking for? a 5000 point list isn't usually just thrown down willy nilly lol.